NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-24-2019, 05:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

Default COMC shipping

I've always received cards from them within a few days. It appears now though that they are using a shipping partner with at least in my case a long resulting delay. I just realized I hadn't received a card purchased on Nov. 12 and checked out the tracking (headed to Boston area).

Nov 22
4:32 am

Arrived at USPS Regional Facility

JERSEY CITY NJ NETWORK DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Nov 19
10:01 pm

Departed Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

SHELTON,CT 06484

Nov 19
2:28 pm

Arrived Shipping Partner Facility, USPS Awaiting Item

SHELTON,CT 06484

Nov 18
5:12 pm

GREENWOOD,IN 46143

Nov 18
10:00 am

GREENWOOD,IN 46143

Nov 18
2:36 am

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 16
9:36 am

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 15
5:18 pm

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 13
12:00 pm

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 12
8:33 pm

KENT,WA 98032

Nov 12
5:47 pm

KENT,WA 98032

Nov 12
5:05 pm

Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

REDMOND,WA 98052

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:01 PM
Ben North

Did you buy something from Deans? Amazingly their outrageous prices are lower than several others on COMC.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Did you buy something from Deans? Amazingly their outrageous prices are lower than several others on COMC.
No, the price was fine, and I paid enough shipping that they could have used USPS as they always have in the past.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
No, the price was fine, and I paid enough shipping that they could have used USPS as they always have in the past.
I should have looked at your tracking. I was thinking you bought it from Dean because of their "remote" shipping. I think I have seen it from another seller also.

Last edited by bnorth; 11-24-2019 at 06:10 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 06:24 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I should have looked at your tracking. I was thinking you bought it from Dean because of their "remote" shipping. I think I have seen it from another seller also.
12 days and it's still a couple away. I have one other in the pipeline that's going the same tortured path. Not a huge deal, but annoying.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-24-2019 at 06:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Al Richter

Everytime one of my purchases has involved remote shipping it has taken time. Mostly I am never in any hurry. But the last two times I bought something with remote shipping I could not get the request shipping function to work. I had to get help from their support group to get the items shipped
Old 11-24-2019, 07:24 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I recommend using their Priority shipping option. I've seen some other complaints about this new shipping service and the roundabout delayed timelines.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-24-2019, 07:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

LOL here's my next one. After a week, it's still in Sparks, NV apparently. And like the first one, it seems to depart Sparks only to wind up back there. LOL.

Nov 21
9:30 pm

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 21
4:47 pm

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 19
2:00 pm

SPARKS,NV 89441

Nov 18
10:00 pm

KENT,WA 98032

Nov 18
6:20 pm

KENT,WA 98032

Nov 18
4:55 pm

Picked Up by Shipping Partner, USPS Awaiting Item

REDMOND,WA 98052

Old 11-25-2019, 02:18 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I had one of my offers accepted last night and decided it was time to get all of my stuff sent out (19 cards), so I requested shipment. It was 11/24...possibly 11/25 as it was probably past midnight...and when I checked on shipping, it said it was scheduled to be shipped on December 4th. WTF????? Nine or ten days to START the shipping process? What'd I miss? No, as in every aspect of my life, the blight known as Dean has no part in this, so there's no 'remote' problem.

On a side note, to make the offer referenced above, I had to add money to my account balance. When I went to do so, I was charged sales tax on top of the amount added. How is that right?? I added money to my account, I didn't buy anything, so how is that legal?? I'm assuming if and when you buy something, you pay the agreed upon price and then COMC also subtracts the sales tax for the purchase from your account?? There was no info anywhere, and I obviously sent them an e-mail, but haven't received a response yet (which I'm sure will be the usual boiler plate nonsense). Eighteen of the cards were bought over time and before everyone on-line started grabbing taxes, so only the card I bought last night was taxed...yet when I check my purchases, it only lists the purchase price before tax. Is there a way to see the final, real total paid??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:41 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Newgistics

If I remember correctly, COMC has started using a company called Newgistics for packages. It works similar to Amazon. COMC does the packaging and Newgistics picks up the packages and transports them through their system, where they are eventually turned over to the Post Office for final delivery.

I received a package from COMC today. I requested shipment on the 9th. It was picked up by Newgistics on the 15th. The PO received it on the 21st, and it was delivered on the 22nd. So, six days for COMC to process the order, six days for Newgistics to move it through their system, and one day for the PO to handle it.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-25-2019, 02:56 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I stopped buying from COMC a while back. When I hear stories like these, I'm glad I did.
Old 11-25-2019, 04:36 PM
Casey

Double charged shipping on same day. Sent order next day, received message delayed. Didn't know if/how much taxes until my credit card bill arrived. Nice one-place shopping, but too many unknown costs, no customer service ends up being a hassle. Avoid using unless you can't find cards elsewhere....
Old 11-25-2019, 04:47 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I stopped buying from COMC a while back. When I hear stories like these, I'm glad I did.
+1

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-25-2019, 06:46 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
On a side note, to make the offer referenced above, I had to add money to my account balance. When I went to do so, I was charged sales tax on top of the amount added. How is that right?? I added money to my account, I didn't buy anything, so how is that legal??
The answer is that you are purchasing an item, "store credit". Rather than tax every transaction going through person-to-person sales, they tax you on the original store credit bought. You are likely paying a lot less sales tax this way, especially if you're doing any flipping on the site at all. There are many states that tax you on shipping costs as well. So since those are now umbrella'd under the original store credit purchase, it goes back to the COMC theory that their various consignors are trading cards for store credit and then trading store credit for cards.
Check with your own financial advisor as to whether or not you agree, but that is their rationale. Check your email history and the COMC blog posts to explain it. They wrote blog posts every time a new state starting taking sales tax.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:57 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I understand the technicality. Duhh!!! That's obviously not the point. I added money to my account and didn't actually purchase anything yet and I was taxed. That's BS. It's like walking into a supermarket and getting charged tax on how much cash you're carrying, regardless of whether or not you buy anything (yes, of course it's not a perfect metaphor, but I don't care). If I withdraw my unused funds are they going to refund the tax I already paid on it? Of course not. And none of this tax crap is covered anywhere on the site via FAQ's and whatnot...unless I missed it. Why is that? And no one has answered the questions I sent last night. Very frustrating.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 11-25-2019, 08:07 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
I understand the technicality. Duhh!!! That's obviously not the point. I added money to my account and didn't actually purchase anything yet and I was taxed. That's BS. It's like walking into a supermarket and getting charged tax on how much cash you're carrying, regardless of whether or not you buy anything (yes, of course it's not a perfect metaphor, but I don't care). If I withdraw my unused funds are they going to refund the tax I already paid on it? Of course not. And none of this tax crap is covered anywhere on the site via FAQ's and whatnot...unless I missed it. Why is that? And no one has answered the questions I sent last night. Very frustrating.
It is very difficult to get an email response from them in my limited experience.

Old 11-26-2019, 04:40 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
If I withdraw my unused funds are they going to refund the tax I already paid on it? Of course not. And none of this tax crap is covered anywhere on the site via FAQ's and whatnot...unless I missed it. Why is that? And no one has answered the questions I sent last night. Very frustrating.
Their customer support is awful; agreed. But there has been a person on Blowout who did get their tax refunded when they requested a refund on their store credit. And it doesn't look like they needed to contact customer service to get it.
https://www.blowoutforums.com/showthread.php?t=1332218

I found it pretty easily by typing "sales tax" into the search bar in their blog.
https://blog.comc.com/2019/03/30/int...ation-changes/

https://blog.comc.com/2019/09/30/ser...ation-changes/
Old 11-27-2019, 04:21 PM
Randy

On November 19th I requested a shipment.

It arrived today November 27th.

Not bad for Washington to Michigan
Old 11-27-2019, 04:51 PM
Peter Spaeth

15 days and still counting on the one I posted.

Old 11-29-2019, 11:04 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
That can't be!

Last edited by Leon; 11-29-2019 at 11:04 AM.