NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-16-2014, 09:02 PM
G.ary L.eavitt

Default Anyway to block a new, "0" feedback bidder on auctions?

So frustrating...had it happen a couple of times now. New bidder with 0 feedback who just joined a week back hops into high end auctions and wins them at the last second. Not sure how it will go this time, but last 2 times never got paid and had to wait around for 10 days then relist....They may have it, but maybe Ebay could put a filter on auctions over $500 that they have to have the money pre-deposited or have at least 50 feedback to bid? Thanks for thoughts.

Last edited by 111gecko; 03-16-2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

I think you can only block bidders with negative ratings.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-16-2014, 09:14 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

There are not many tools, but you can take some steps. It would probably help if you put in your listing that you will not accept bids from someone with a feedback rating of (fill in the number) or less unless they contact you first. This gives you some footing. You can also cancel bids if they are noticed and it is not too soon before the auction ends. Bid cancellation is under selling on the site map. The link is at the bottom of the home page. I cannot think of any other way to put such limits on bidders.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 03-16-2014, 09:20 PM
Mike

Go to MyEbay, then My Account, Site Preferences to Buyer Requirements and set your preferences. I think this is what you want to do.
Old 03-16-2014, 10:15 PM
Dan Bretta

Lately I've had non-payers with feedback ratings in the thousands...it's not just zero feedback bidders that are deadbeats.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Chris P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 111gecko View Post
So frustrating...had it happen a couple of times now. New bidder with 0 feedback who just joined a week back hops into high end auctions and wins them at the last second. Not sure how it will go this time, but last 2 times never got paid and had to wait around for 10 days then relist....They may have it, but maybe Ebay could put a filter on auctions over $500 that they have to have the money pre-deposited or have at least 50 feedback to bid? Thanks for thoughts.
I do not have 50 feedback and I have always paid within 2 hours of the end of an auction. I just do not use eBay as much as others. I think it is the luck of the draw, not just lack of feedback rating. Don't block me please...I pay.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:46 AM
Rob
R0bert Ge,ntieu

I would be cautious in using the ebay system to automatically block zero feedback bidders. Yes, you may have to deal with the occasional hassle of some that do not pay, but in my experience, I have had far more zero feedback bidders who pay immediately than zero feedback bidders who never pay at all.

Everyone has to start somewhere.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:34 AM
Eddie S.
Eddie Smi.th

Quote:
Originally Posted by veleno45 View Post
I do not have 50 feedback and I have always paid within 2 hours of the end of an auction. I just do not use eBay as much as others. I think it is the luck of the draw, not just lack of feedback rating. Don't block me please...I pay.
Same here. I don't have 50 feedbacks on eBay, but I have perfect feedback (FWIW) and have always paid immediately. I can understand being leery of a buyer with "0" feedback that just joined a few days ago if a high-dollar item is involved. But there are also a lot of honest people out there that just don't buy/sell much, IMO.

Last edited by Bored5000; 03-17-2014 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Dan Bretta

I don't block anyone on ebay until they've already screwed me over. I get tons of low feedback bidders who I never have problems with. And then like I said earlier I'm dealing with two high feedback bidders right now who won't even contact me back on items that they bought out of my store using best offer. You ask for a best offer on an item and I accept and then you don't pay? WTF?
Old 03-17-2014, 04:46 PM
Christopher Williams

You can "Block" anyone you want on Ebay.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:10 PM
Daryl

This thread reminds me of Adrian - "I pay for the items I win 99% of the time!"

Last edited by 4815162342; 03-18-2014 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:36 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I don't block anyone on ebay until they've already screwed me over. I get tons of low feedback bidders who I never have problems with. And then like I said earlier I'm dealing with two high feedback bidders right now who won't even contact me back on items that they bought out of my store using best offer. You ask for a best offer on an item and I accept and then you don't pay? WTF?
+1

It's hard enough to get multiple bidders on ebay nowadays as it is. I'm not about to blindly block any potential newcomers. On the other hand, I have no problem blocking anyone who goes to the trouble of proving to me how much of an idiot or a deadbeat they are