NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 11-21-2010, 01:03 AM
Jim D

maybe he has multiple personalities or he is giving the voices credit!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:36 AM
Mike

Autisic (asperger's syndrome) individuals often have problems with personnel pronouns and use "we" for "I" etc. This is a syndrome which features difficulties with "social interactions" and understanding appropriate social behavior, empathy etc. They have a difficult time relating to others and understanding and or caring about what others say. They tend to have obsessive-compulsive traits ( only have a single focus in life).
If the shoe fits.....
Old 11-30-2010, 10:27 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
Autisic (asperger's syndrome) individuals often have problems with personnel pronouns and use "we" for "I" etc. This is a syndrome which features difficulties with "social interactions" and understanding appropriate social behavior, empathy etc. They have a difficult time relating to others and understanding and or caring about what others say. They tend to have obsessive-compulsive traits ( only have a single focus in life).
If the shoe fits.....

Interesting. I have a ten year old autistic son, I've yet to hear him refer to himself as we. Now he can have a singular focus from time to time.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-30-2010, 01:47 PM
Tom Boblitt

Think Bruce has assholer's syndrome, not asperger's syndrome........
Old 12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Mike

That's a good one Tom. It should be in the Psychiatric Manual.

Also all autistic individuals don't have the same symptoms.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:00 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by insidethewrapper View Post
That's a good one Tom. It should be in the Psychiatric Manual.

Also all autistic individuals don't have the same symptoms.
That is certainly true and there are levels of severity.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Fred

I still get the biggest kick out of anything Bruce posts. This is the water cooler talk so to me it's kind of like anything goes. Keith's suspension was minimal and it probably gave him time to relaz and look through a few boxes of his cards.

Something that's always amusing is that many people don't like Bruce's posts/opinions yet they respond (mostly with negative comments) and make the threads fairly lengthy. This gives him a voice and he probably laughs his butt off when he sees just how much attention people give him.

Am I a Bruce fan? No, not really, but everytime he posts I get a kick out of the response/attention this board gives to him.
Old 12-03-2010, 12:33 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default I doubt he will be around again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
I still get the biggest kick out of anything Bruce posts. This is the water cooler talk so to me it's kind of like anything goes. Keith's suspension was minimal and it probably gave him time to relaz and look through a few boxes of his cards.

Something that's always amusing is that many people don't like Bruce's posts/opinions yet they respond (mostly with negative comments) and make the threads fairly lengthy. This gives him a voice and he probably laughs his butt off when he sees just how much attention people give him.

Am I a Bruce fan? No, not really, but everytime he posts I get a kick out of the response/attention this board gives to him.
With Bruce's crazy emails, copying his lawyer and threatening to sue me, and his ones that are badmouthing me and others since his suspension, I doubt he will be coming back to this board again and certainly it won't be anytime soon.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:35 AM
Barry Sloate

Wouldn't you think that Bruce's lawyer is advising him that there really isn't any case whatsoever? I mean, he wants to sue you for not letting him post on a chatboard that you own? What law was broken?
Old 12-04-2010, 08:25 AM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Wouldn't you think that Bruce's lawyer is advising him that there really isn't any case whatsoever? I mean, he wants to sue you for not letting him post on a chatboard that you own? What law was broken?
Unlawful restraint of trade!

Think of all those big deals he used to make!
Old 12-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default trying a scare tactic....

Quote:
I think he was just trying a scare tactic, Barry. When I responded, copying his lawyer and a few of our infamous board lawyers, he said he wasn't threatening to sue me. Total joke. As a matter of fact this is what he said-

"What is the difference between scandals at Mastro, commentary
about Mastro or Collectors Corner and our comments about
Keith? Please explain in a language that my lawyer would
understand.

In a court of law, there is little doubt that I would win. Accordingly,
I have copied my attorney on this leter"
Old 12-04-2010, 08:46 AM
Barry Sloate

Well, he said that in a court of law there is little doubt that he would win. So let him take it to court, and let's see if he's right.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:53 AM
Fred

Talking

"All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Honestly, does anyone really want to see Bruce banned? I would venture to guess that he's written some of the most "responded to" posts on this board (and the previous board). He's like natural caffeine for some people. He can raise the blood pressure of some when they just think of him. He's like adrenaline. When board members read his posts, they get a rush of energy and that forces them to pound the key board and "virtually" respond with such vigor and swagger.

“Can't we all... just... get along?” - Rodney King

Ah, he's more Rodney than Martin, anyway... Why not, ban "Brucey the Hun"... Now there'll be less train wrecks to witness...
Old 12-06-2010, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred View Post
Honestly, does anyone really want to see Bruce banned?
Yes.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
Jim D

Quote:
Well, he said that in a court of law there is little doubt that he would win. So let him take it to court, and let's see if he's right.
and if that doesn't work, maybe he can tell his mommy that we won't let him play!

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 12-07-2010, 12:05 AM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Can we have Chao back?

For those of us who look to the board for card knowledge and kinship, let us not forget that every good story needs a protagonist or villian.

If we can't get our occasional Brucii train-wreck , can we at least find the whereabouts of the equally harmless but exponentially clueless Peter Chao?

Who will provide the fodder for the 100+ posted threads?

Ok, that was mostly tongue in cheek, as neither guy ever seemed to "get it" when asked to refrain from either absurdity or threats of harm.

Still, I laughed at those hombres...just sayin'

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.