NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-25-2020, 08:26 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Default USPS Problem (PWCC Vault)

I sold a $300 US card on eBay and I shipped it to the PWCC Vault on the 5th of May. The last scan was on the 11th of May - two weeks ago. It looks like it just vanished.

I know there can be delays now because of covid-19. I've had some parcels delayed by a couple of days, however, this seems to be a different problem. Again, two weeks, and not a single scan.

Any suggestions?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tracking.jpg (66.0 KB, 1289 views)
Old 05-25-2020, 09:09 AM
Richard L.

I don't think you should worry yet. 90% of my orders make it in a timely fashion. But the other 10% seem to be in limbo (dormant without moving) for a couple weeks. There has been an explosion of packages within USPS (other shippers too) in the last month. But keep us posted please.
Old 05-25-2020, 09:22 AM

I ordered a signed poster from Canada and USPS tracking shows it cleared customs in Chicago on May 2nd and no updates since. My post office says it will eventually show up, and after doing some research online I found dozens of other people with similar experiences happening right now.

Jason
Old 05-25-2020, 10:18 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

That just happened with me as well. It hasn't been updated in two weeks. You have to file a missing package claim.

https://www.usps.com/help/missing-mail.htm

Good luck!

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 05-25-2020, 10:41 AM
Robert Williams

How was the item shipped?? First Class?
Old 05-25-2020, 10:44 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
How was the item shipped?? First Class?
Yes.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:09 AM
Doug Doremus

Do file a missing package claim; it’s one of the few things you can do.

I recently had three packages that were not even scanned into the system for more than two weeks. I despaired, thinking they had been stolen. But they all ultimately showed up to my great relief, though one took a month to get there.
I write only because it was comforting to know that others were in the same boat, and that it turned out okay. Given that yours are in the system, I think they’ll get there in the end. Good luck.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:20 AM
Mike Dugan

I had two out-going an two incoming that all showed stalled tracking for over 30 days. All finally arrived. On both shipped items from me the buyers requested refunds after two weeks which I did. Only one has repaid me when they arrived.

The addition of Amazon shipping and as my carrier told me they are now delivering many UPS packages has just over-loaded the system during this crisis. It will all settle down eventually.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:01 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Sign up for text or email updates. Usually does the trick. Most of the packages I am shipping seem to do OK but everyone that I have been expecting have been getting here at least a week late.

Good luck and don't worry too much.

Jeff

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 05-26-2020 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2020, 08:17 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Springs Bathers View Post
I had two out-going...both shipped items from me the buyers requested refunds after two weeks which I did. Only one has repaid me when they arrived.
This is what concerns me. The buyer can file with eBay or Paypal and request a refund on "lost" mail. If you have a tracking number, but an item is taking a few extra weeks, will eBay/Paypal just side with the buyer and force the refund? I assume that USPS isn't going to pay out insurance claims on delayed mail either. I can see buyers winning a claim with eBay/Paypal, getting a refund, but the package eventually makes its way to the destination, so the seller can't file an insurance claim either. Anyone run into this yet?

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 05-26-2020, 10:12 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
This is what concerns me. The buyer can file with eBay or Paypal and request a refund on "lost" mail. If you have a tracking number, but an item is taking a few extra weeks, will eBay/Paypal just side with the buyer and force the refund? I assume that USPS isn't going to pay out insurance claims on delayed mail either. I can see buyers winning a claim with eBay/Paypal, getting a refund, but the package eventually makes its way to the destination, so the seller can't file an insurance claim either. Anyone run into this yet?
Just had this happen on an international shipment that left the country mid-March and didn't register any tracking updates for two months. Buyer finally reached out to ebay for a resolution, and ebay responded within minutes with a refund, which they funded because they found me not at fault. Two days later the buyer messages me to say the package finally arrived. There is an option to appeal a decision by eBay for which they give "tracking indicates package was delivered" as a potential justification for an appeal, but even though I feel it's wrong for the buyer to get the item and the refund too, I'm hesitant to appeal it lest ebay somehow decide to refund them out of my pocket instead.

In another recent instance, a shipment to Canada has been MIA for about two months, and the buyer asked ebay to step in. I was hoping for a similar result, but this time ebay refunded the buyer out of my pocket instead because I "failed to provide tracking that showed the package as delivered." Again, the decision came back within minutes of the buyer escalating the issue. I'm hoping it turns up in the 30 day appeal window so that I can try that avenue, but I have a feeling I'll end up eating this one.

I've had a good track record since everything broke, but it's not been a good week for me internationally.
Old 05-27-2020, 02:07 PM
Andrew

I have had big trouble shipping going through Michigan...at least 1-2 weeks delay lately with anything going in or out of the state.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:38 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsy View Post
This has been happening with ebay, buyer complains about slow shipping and ebay approves the refund. Worst part is if you as a seller do not fight for your money after item shows as delivered, buyer gets item for free...ebay has really gone down the tubes for sellers...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 07-06-2020, 09:50 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
This has been happening with ebay, buyer complains about slow shipping and ebay approves the refund. Worst part is if you as a seller do not fight for your money after item shows as delivered, buyer gets item for free...ebay has really gone down the tubes for sellers...
Even worse is if the impatient buyer files for and receives a refund, the item is ultimately delivered, but the delivery scan is not logged in the USPS system (international shipments are hit-and-miss in the best of times whether they show as "Delivered" or simply stop registering tracking updates once leaving the U.S.). Not much you can do to fight the refund if the tracking NEVER shows as delivered.

Thankfully, most of my international shipments during the pandemic seem to have been to patient and/or understanding buyers. For those that went out in March, it was a solid 3 months for delivery for the ones that I checked up on, with several relieved buyers reporting those having arrived by mid-to-late June. I don't know if that represents a rolling window on the backlog moving through the system, or if late June was the log jam finally being cleared and more-normal delivery times are now resuming.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 07-06-2020 at 09:56 AM.