NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-03-2003, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Default Old Judge Day on eBay

Posted By: deadballera

So how did everyone do ? The seller did very well and the buyers looked to pick up some decent cards at decent prices.

I picked up 3 cards

I know a few regulars here got a bunch of them.

Old 07-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Trevor Hocking (snider4prez)

WOW that was a long day of bidding. I ended up with 12 cards for what I thought was a great price. I was very amazed on how high and low some cards went for. The HOF'ers went kinda low considering recent auctions. The rarities went very high, but hay when it comes to rarities the sky is the limit. It was fun to see Jay and Keith duke it out on the tough stuff. Jay and Keith definitely pushed me around a lot, but hay alls fair in love and Old Judge's. I think the seller did very well over all. 251 cards for $62,000+ about $250 a card. Sounds pretty good if you say it that way, but you have to remember there was a lot of rough cards in the lot. Any ways it was very educational even for the most advanced collector. I would probably expect to you will be seeing quite a few new SGC graded Old Judge's on Ebay in the few month's. I'm very happy with what I won. I would like to see who had all the new handles on Ebay come forth, but I know that won't happen. I have my suspicions, but it would be nice to see who won what. My Ebay handle is (snider4prez) Come on everyone fess up.

Old 07-03-2003, 08:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

I was very surprised to see some of the high prices that some of these cards ended up going for, considering that many of the cards basically hovered at the mid to low grade level. Overall this lot was great for anyone looking for collector grade OJ's with decent eye appeal. There was a good selection of desirable HOFers and rare cards to bid on and I hope everyone on the board got a crack at 'em. My ebay handle is new_england_league and I happily ended up with my one card from the lot: Nat Hudson, St. Louis.

Old 07-03-2003, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JC

Hey everyone, my handle is husband-of-tammy and I don't own to many N172's but I love to bid. With all the action going on I ended with both Keefe's (which will give me 3 different variations), 2 Brownie Champs Latham and Gleason, and Slattery who I have no idea who he is. I have no idea if I did good, average, or bad on my buys? But it was fun to bid!! I told my wife, the seller must be refreshing his computor every ten seconds or so... Oh well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Old 07-03-2003, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: BcD

for a humorous photo

Old 07-04-2003, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: deadballera

I picked up these.....

1888 E. O'Neill Old Judge Card

1888 Gus Krock Old Judge Baseball Card

1887 Pebbly Jack Glasscock Old Judge Card

Old 07-04-2003, 01:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob (ramram)

I've been enjoying reading the great wealth of information on this site for the last couple of weeks and thought I'd try a post. I pulled down seven cards from the auction from the $70 - $130 range. Couldn't pull the trigger to keep up with some of the big guns. Bt the way, another post was asking the question about where these came from. I asked the seller if "this was just a "find" from an old estate or was it from the estate of a collector that past away?" His response was "from an estate of a couple that went to auctions for years and bought anything and everything that caught their eyes".