NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-20-2019, 07:54 AM
Scott

Default Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Your dream item?

As we approach Christmas and are in the holiday season, once again thanks to Leon and all the board members for another fantastic year on net 54. Great friends sales purchases and most important baseball knowledge. For me and others, this is a great place to go every day to escape from the world in reality. It’s been a really hard year for me with bad finances and the loss of my best friends six months ago, but so many of helped keep me afloat. It’ll be a hard Christmas season, but it’s a lot easier when I look forward to going on at 54 every day. Thank you everyone!

Within reason, if you could have one item if Santa Claus could bring you one item for your collection or whatever, what would it be? From me I’ll go reasonably low I would love to have an authentic Thai cob signature. Nothing spectacular, just authentic. I had one once that was not good and that’s my dream. I look forward to some interesting responses on what you could have for you and one premade and that you could receive a Christmas thanks everyone and I hope the big man in the red suit is good do you and your families peace Scott
Old 12-20-2019, 08:07 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
As we approach Christmas and are in the holiday season, once again thanks to Leon and all the board members for another fantastic year on net 54. Great friends sales purchases and most important baseball knowledge. For me and others, this is a great place to go every day to escape from the world in reality. It’s been a really hard year for me with bad finances and the loss of my best friends six months ago, but so many of helped keep me afloat. It’ll be a hard Christmas season, but it’s a lot easier when I look forward to going on at 54 every day. Thank you everyone!

Within reason, if you could have one item if Santa Claus could bring you one item for your collection or whatever, what would it be? From me I’ll go reasonably low I would love to have an authentic Thai cob signature. Nothing spectacular, just authentic. I had one once that was not good and that’s my dream. I look forward to some interesting responses on what you could have for you and one premade and that you could receive a Christmas thanks everyone and I hope the big man in the red suit is good do you and your families peace Scott
Here, here! Merry Christmas and Happy Hanuka to all!

Nothing for me. It just feels a lot better to give for me, actually.

I graduated college in 1989 (after 10 years) and have listened to this song for The past 30 years almost everyday. It has motivated me to find & chase my dreams, my way and damn if it didn't happen. Now, I share it with you.

Merry Christmas everyone and may all your dreams come true. TURN IT UP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv4-m-cIZf4

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 12-20-2019 at 08:13 AM.
Old 12-21-2019, 10:26 AM
Scott

That is a really nice answer sir. Anyone else? Spending Christmas day alone stinks, but maybe a dream will come true.

more dream items you'd love for Christmas?
Old 12-22-2019, 12:52 AM
Tim Odeen

A Ty Cobb auto would be amazing. That's a good dream.

I had a fantastic year of dreams coming true collection wise. Probably my best year ever. I don't know if 2020 could eclipse 2019. I bought two items that were pinnacle collection items for me: UDA Ted Williams signed baseball and a UDA Mickey Mantle signed baseball. And I bought my first game used item: Eugenio Suarez game used hat from his 43/44 home runs. Those two UDA balls are nice to look at every day.

But there is always more in this hobby, and i have my dreams set on a decent Tris Speaker card. I don't think that will happen this year, but I think i have settled on Cracker Jack as the card i will pursue. There are a couple others, t206, e90, that i wouldn't mind owning, but i really dig that CJ card.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays. I understand how tough holidays can be after losing loved ones. I hope you find a way to keep your spirits up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 12-22-2019, 10:09 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Hi Scott - you are not alone!!

We all have a "story" some harder, some less so. Focus on what's good. Do acts of self care and focus on what you are grateful for.

Happy Holidays to all.

My holiday wish - that there is a clear path forward though all the negative happenings in the hobby this past year and at least a few of the people contributing to those negative happenings receive their just desserts clearing a path for the rest of us to get back to comfortably enjoying our hobby!