NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Do you want a mobile friendly site? Willing to pay?
Yes, I would like a mobile friendly site, but don't know if I want to pay 9 24.32%
Yes, I would like to help fund this 3 8.11%
No, I don't use it on my phone too often 23 62.16%
I haven't decided yet 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2012, 03:58 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Default OT: Mobile Friendly?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you use this forum site on your mobile phones? I do a TON, and sometimes it's difficult to navigate through the site on my phone.

So, I'm just wondering, I know it costs money to make it mobile friendly, I've done it with my site, but if we can maybe all pitch in $5 or so to Leon to make it mobile friendly, would you guys be interested?

I feel in no way shape or form Leon should spend 1 cent towards this as he already does so much with the upkeep of this forum, I have not spoken to Leon at all, was just curious in throwing out the idea because I'm browing on my phone all the time.

So, would you want a mobile friendly update for Net54, and would you be willing to help pay for the costs?
Old 11-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Jimi

I only use my iPad on this site with no problems. What would change if it went "mobile friendly"?
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 11-28-2012, 04:28 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimivintage View Post
I only use my iPad on this site with no problems. What would change if it went "mobile friendly"?
It would make it more user friendly, easier to access tabs, etc. It would pretty much shrink the data usage and loading times.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

If the fee were not too, too much I would fund it. That being said we should have Tapatalk enabled now. I have viewed the site on an ipad and mobile devices, just the way it is, and it's not bad, at least to me. But then again I would vote for Big Chief and Crayolas. You young pups might need to Google that to see what I am talking about.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:41 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I use a Verizon Droid Bionic and have no problems at all and i'm on the site many times a day. The only issue I have is when I have a private message and the box pops up but thats a problem with many sites so its probably because I don't know how to use my phone when 2 pages are open.
Old 11-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
If the fee were not too, too much I would fund it. That being said we should have Tapatalk enabled now. I have viewed the site on an ipad and mobile devices, just the way it is, and it's not bad, at least to me. But then again I would vote for Big Chief and Crayolas. You young pups might need to Google that to see what I am talking about.
I ALWAYS use it on my iPad, which is awesome. Just when I get to my phone, become a little more difficult to navigate when using the buttons. If you check out my site (not meant for a shameless plug) for example, you can clearly see a difference in how much easier it is to navigate mobile vs original version via phone, tablet etc. Or any major site like eBay, espn. eBay is incredibly mobile friendly.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOF Auto Rookies View Post
I ALWAYS use it on my iPad, which is awesome. Just when I get to my phone, become a little more difficult to navigate when using the buttons. If you check out my site (not meant for a shameless plug) for example, you can clearly see a difference in how much easier it is to navigate mobile vs original version via phone, tablet etc. Or any major site like eBay, espn. eBay is incredibly mobile friendly.
Have you tried using Tapatalk on your Iphone to view the forum?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:11 PM
Eric Shaeffer

90% of the time I read this site on my mobile (android sph-d700). Works fine for me.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:13 PM
Tim

Quote:
Have you tried using Tapatalk on your Iphone to view the forum?
I know that question wasn't direct at me, but I've been prompted by my phone when logging onto the site that the Tapatalk option is available. I've never looked into it because all the features of the site work just fine for me, as is, on my Droid Razr Maxx and iPad.

For anyone that is using Tapatalk am I missing out on something?
Old 11-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
I know that question wasn't direct at me, but I've been prompted by my phone when logging onto the site that the Tapatalk option is available. I've never looked into it because all the features of the site work just fine for me, as is, on my Droid Razr Maxx and iPad.

For anyone that is using Tapatalk am I missing out on something?
Hey Tim
I have used Tapatalk a few times on a mobile device. While it makes the letters bigger, and a bit easier to read, I don't like the layout as much. There are far fewer graphics and I kind of like them. Hopefully others will chime in if they use it. If no one chimes in then that might be an answer in itself.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:03 PM
Jake

All what I know about tapatalk is that it isn't free, I mostly view the forum on my iPad and I think it's better then on my computer.

Always up for a trade.

If you have a Blue Weiser Wonder WaJo, PM/Email Me!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlighter View Post
All what I know about tapatalk is that it isn't free, I mostly view the forum on my iPad and I think it's better then on my computer.
I think it's about $2-$3 ....but regardless, I didn't care for it. It is an option on the board though.....Brian installed it some time back.
Old 11-28-2012, 06:14 PM
octavio ranzola

I'm on it on my I pad, Toshiba thrive pad and my 4g android cell its a sickness,I blame Leon for this hot site
Old 11-28-2012, 06:21 PM
Danny Smith

I voted no because the site works great as is on my iphone and ipad.
Old 11-28-2012, 07:36 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I use my iPhone to get on the site everyday with no issues. It works great. I wouldn't pay to change the way I get on here using my phone.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 11-29-2012, 10:12 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

I'm not saying there are issues in using Net54 on a mobile phone, just saying it would be easier to navigate with a mobile version.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I'm not saying there are issues in using Net54 on a mobile phone, just saying it would be easier to navigate with a mobile version.
You keep saying this but what app are you speaking of? Are you sure Tapatalk won't do what you want?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:37 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
You keep saying this but what app are you speaking of? Are you sure Tapatalk won't do what you want?
I have a friend who has it, and didn't like it thatm much.
Old 11-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I have a friend who has it, and didn't like it thatm much.
I feel like I am pulling teeth. What app are you proposing then?
Old 11-29-2012, 10:50 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

Quote:
I feel like I am pulling teeth. What app are you proposing then?
Just the interface of a mobile app is easier to use/view versus an original site. You dont need to necessarily zoom in on the page with a mobile version, it is easier to access and navigate. When I want to go to a sub-forum (Autographs) I have to zoom in and absurd amount to click the tiny link to get me to that sub forum and other sections.

But, the people have spoken, so it doesn't seem like we need to do anything about it for now.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

It sounds as though the original poster is asking for a separate version of this site to be built specifically for mobile users. For instance, designed and developed to fit the dimensions of a smaller screen, less imagery used to reduce visual clutter and minimize load times, etc...

For myself, I view the site on my iPad all the time and, for me, it looks and functions exactly the same as it does on my PC or Macbook.

Last edited by shammus; 11-29-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

I use a Droid X2 and find mobile sites and apps are too basic. Not to mention battery hawgs. The site works well with the free Dolphin browser.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg droid.jpg (58.0 KB, 38 views)
Old 11-29-2012, 05:48 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Just the interface of a mobile app is easier to use/view versus an original site. You dont need to necessarily zoom in on the page with a mobile version, it is easier to access and navigate. When I want to go to a sub-forum (Autographs) I have to zoom in and absurd amount to click the tiny link to get me to that sub forum and other sections.

But, the people have spoken, so it doesn't seem like we need to do anything about it for now.
Tapatalk is what you want.
Old 11-29-2012, 11:10 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by t206hound View Post
Tapatalk is what you want.
+100

You can subscribe to threads to be notified upon new posts or add entire areas to a favourites tab for one click access.