NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-05-2019, 07:55 AM
Paul

Default I guess this is goodbye

From Leon:

I am not letting your poll go right now because I just don't think I want it there at the moment. There is a mob mentality already and that further provokes it. You are more than welcome to leave the forum if you don't like the way it is run.
thanks

Ok.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 06-05-2019, 07:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

So I PM you that there is a mob mentality going on and you start
a thread to do the same thing again. I am not even saying the mob is wrong but it is the ganging up that I don't care for. Everything will take its course. However, It feels like the tail is wagging the dog again and that just doesn't work for me any longer.
Good bye

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
From Leon:

I am not letting your poll go right now because I just don't think I want it there at the moment. There is a mob mentality already and that further provokes it. You are more than welcome to leave the forum if you don't like the way it is run.
thanks

Ok.

Last edited by Leon; 06-05-2019 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:21 AM
Peter Spaeth

I hope Paul doesn't leave. I assume he was not banned.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:25 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I hope Paul doesn't leave. I assume he was not banned.
Nope, not banned.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:31 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Can always just agree he can put the poll up again in 30 days or an agreed time period.

That way the mob mentality excuse doesnt appear to be a fake excuse as it does appear you are fine with the poll, just not being put up right now

You are looking for a 'cooling off' period as it were but not refusing him putting up the poll forever...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-05-2019 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This is correct. And I very much believe a poll won't be needed by the end of this month or sooner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Can always just agree he can put the poll up again in 30 days or an agreed time period.

That way the mob mentality excuse doesnt appear to be a fake excuse as it does appear you are fine with the poll, just not being put up right now

You are looking for a 'cooling off' period as it were but not refusing him putting up the poll forever...

Last edited by Leon; 06-05-2019 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-05-2019, 08:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

I am sure that even without a poll Leon understands how many of us feel on this topic. A number of us have posted. I do hope he will change his mind at some point and follow where PSA and even the allegedly conspiratorial VCP have gone by disassociating themselves.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:01 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Quote:
From Leon:

thanks

Ok.
Paul,

It would be a shame to have veterans like yourself leave the board.
While I encourage everyone to have a voice keep in mind that Leon has indeed given us a forum that is both tolerant and generous.

Besides I don't see you fitting in with the blowout crowd.
Hope you reconsider and we can all get along sooner than later.
Old 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Leon runs a good board. That doesn't mean one will agree with every of his, or anyone's decisions.

The ad does't particularly bother me, and I assume that ads are bought in advance for a duration (monthly?).
Old 06-05-2019, 05:25 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Default Ufta

#drama

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Leon runs a good board. That doesn't mean one will agree with every of his, or anyone's decisions.

The ad does't particularly bother me, and I assume that ads are bought in advance for a duration (monthly?).
I agree with The good Doctor.

#inLeonwetrust

#IstandwithLeon

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 06-06-2019 at 07:18 PM.
Old 06-05-2019, 05:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

It Doesnt matter what the poll regarding PWCCs banner ad comes back as, it's up to the forum owner plain and simple.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 06-07-2019, 10:47 AM
Ben North

Quote:
From Leon:

thanks

Ok.
Paul, just take a break and then come back, I have done it a few times.

That note from Leon is like a love letter compared to posts he has made. Did you miss about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago when he went silly and openly called several members Idiots and Morons for calling out PWCC and Goldin for shady stuff at the same time. At that time he openly admitted the advertisers get special treatment. It is what it is, it's his forum and he can do what he wants.

Personally I have just learned to live with it, He has quoted one of my posts, inserted a picture of a door and told me I could leave anytime I wanted. So don't worry about your PM.

As far as the poll I could care less who advertises here. Just like everything else in life you have to take the bad with the good.
Old 06-07-2019, 10:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Paul, just take a break and then come back, I have done it a few times.

That note from Leon is like a love letter compared to posts he has made. Did you miss about 1 1/2 to 2 years ago when he went silly and openly called several members Idiots and Morons for calling out PWCC and Goldin for shady stuff at the same time. At that time he openly admitted the advertisers get special treatment. It is what it is, it's his forum and he can do what he wants.

Personally I have just learned to live with it, He has quoted one of my posts, inserted a picture of a door and told me I could leave anytime I wanted. So don't worry about your PM.

As far as the poll I could care less who advertises here. Just like everything else in life you have to take the bad with the good.
Just like I put up with our members, good and bad. It is what it is. If I booted everyone I didn't care for then this response (by me) would have never been needed.

BTW, our advertisers get special treatment? Apparently you either can't comprehend or can't read. Our advertisers get bashed all of the time. Just read the forum. It isn't difficult to see not many protections are given around here. (actually, none). The only special treatment they get is their ads on the front page, sometimes, and their banner ads on the board.

Last edited by Leon; 06-07-2019 at 11:01 AM.