NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-10-2012, 10:07 AM
Banned

Default Coaches corner issues disclaimer

Coaches corner starting to issue a disclaimer concerning authenticaton. It's a start. Baby steps.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=308175
Old 02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Scott S

THAT is what they pick on for being a questionable authentication?? Sure, JSA has had an issue here and there, but it's hysterical that CC would call them out!

If any CC buyers are net-savvy enough to have searched and come across stories about JSA, then they surely would have found the mountains of material against all of CC's forensic experts!
Old 02-10-2012, 10:23 AM
Jeff

had to chuckle too
my take is that it is more of a dig than a "baby step"

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 02-10-2012, 10:37 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
had to chuckle too
my take is that it is more of a dig than a "baby step"
Ditto, Jeff. Nothing of substance.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Richard Simon

The day we see them say that about their favorite authenticators is the day to celebrate.
But that statement certainly shows that they are reading Net54,,,
Hi Lee!!! Hi Scott!!! Have a nice day, NOT! .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-10-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:52 AM
qu@n nguy3n

only in cc's world is JSA somehow inferior to the morales and tta's. at least they know who their breadwinners are.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:24 AM
Scott

I find that HILARIOUS. Yes, there have been issues against the alphabet gang, but compared to the issues against SCAT. TTA, Chris " I will authenticate King Herods autograph for a price" Morales and others, it is like comparing an ant Hill to Mt Everest. Wow.
Old 02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Banned

well, they can't single out everyones favorite, but they got to start somewhere, they went with what they thought was the biggest problem. i say kudos for saying something, that's what people want, isn't it, for cc to tackle problem authentications?

Well they did, just because it wasn't everyone's favorite authenticator to hate doesn't mean they were wrong. Has anyone ever heard of Delehanty or Nimitz? Sal Bando or Thomas Sayers?

Last edited by travrosty; 02-10-2012 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by travrosty View Post
well, they can't single out everyones favorite, but they got to start somewhere, they went with what they thought was the biggest problem. i say kudos for saying something, that's what people want, isn't it, for cc to tackle problem authentications?

Well they did, just because it wasn't everyone's favorite authenticator to hate doesn't mean they were wrong. Has anyone ever heard of Delehanty or Nimitz? Sal Bando or Thomas Sayers?
You cannot seriously think this is their attempt to "tackle problem authentications" can you? It's humorous, given their past and present embracing of problem authentications and authenticators, but surely there are better ways for you to get your own digs in at JSA than to suggest that CC is cleaning up their game with this item description?

I think everyone who frequents these boards knows that you have a beef with JSA, but I don't think lowering yourself to the level of giving CC a pat on the back will gain any respect from anyone who is familiar with their practices. Personally, knowing your experience with boxing autos, I'd rather hear what you think of the Ali sig itself, as I have never felt comfortable with my own ability to judge his signatures.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 02-10-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:04 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
You cannot seriously think this is their attempt to "tackle problem authentications" can you? It's humorous, given their past and present embracing of problem authentications and authenticators, but surely there are better ways for you to get your own digs in at JSA than to suggest that CC is cleaning up their game with this item description?

I think everyone who frequents these boards knows that you have a beef with JSA, but I don't think lowering yourself to the level of giving CC a pat on the back will gain any respect from anyone who is familiar with their practices. Personally, knowing your experience with boxing autos, I'd rather hear what you think of the Ali sig itself, as I have never felt comfortable with my own ability to judge his signatures.
Maybe Travis can opine the below Muhammad Ali autographs that are presently listed on the Coach's Corner auction site headed by Scott Malack and Lee Trythall.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?Se...muhammad%20ali
Old 02-10-2012, 12:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post

Maybe Travis is trying to lend credibility to Coach's Corner.
Old 02-10-2012, 12:35 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:

Yeah, Travis.

CC-Travis.jpg
Old 02-10-2012, 02:55 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Coaches corner starting to issue a disclaimer concerning authenticaton. It's a start. Baby steps.

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=308175
So if Scott Malack and Lee Trythall find that Ali questionable, why don't they just remove it from their auction listing?

But in the meantime, they have no problem selling a pathetic Derek Jeter forgery like the one below.

CC-Travis-4.jpg
Old 02-11-2012, 09:16 AM
Banned

i was just pointing out that they were STARTING to go after the problem authenticators, just like people wanted them to.
Old 02-11-2012, 09:41 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
i was just pointing out that they were STARTING to go after the problem authenticators, just like people wanted them to.
No they aren't...if you ever see them question a Morales, Ted Taylor or Priddy cert then you can say they are STARTING...they are merely taking a dig at the guy who gets it right more often than not. If they were STARTING they'd start with the guys who get it wrong 99.9% of the time.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:05 AM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
no they aren't...if you ever see them question a morales, ted taylor or priddy cert then you can say they are starting...they are merely taking a dig at the guy who gets it right more often than not. If they were starting they'd start with the guys who get it wrong 99.9% of the time.
+100
Old 02-11-2012, 10:41 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
No they aren't...if you ever see them question a Morales, Ted Taylor or Priddy cert then you can say they are STARTING...they are merely taking a dig at the guy who gets it right more often than not. If they were STARTING they'd start with the guys who get it wrong 99.9% of the time.
This is so obvious, it seems a waste of time to even be debating it. Gee, let's go after the guys who are right 99% instead of the guys that are wrong 99% (with intent to deceive).

Rather than quibble over obvious topics, I would be more curious to know the motivation and origins of Travis' vendetta against Spence and PSA. At one time, they must have rejected a piece or two that were near and dear to his heart.
Old 02-11-2012, 11:02 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
This is so obvious, it seems a waste of time to even be debating it. Gee, let's go after the guys who are right 99% instead of the guys that are wrong 99% (with intent to deceive).

Rather than quibble over obvious topics, I would be more curious to know the motivation and origins of Travis' vendetta against Spence and PSA. At one time, they must have rejected a piece or two that were near and dear to his heart.
I would take major issue with the "99% right" statement but I think Travis' anger is directed at the TPA's because they allege to have knowledge of boxing autographs and in reality they do not. They apparently have made many, many mistakes, one of which actually went to court, where the TPA was proven to be wrong.
Boxing in general is what is near and dear to Travis' heart.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 02-11-2012, 10:43 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Right you are Dan.
If they ever take a dig at their regular authenticators, I am gonna throw one big NYC party and all are invited.
Everyone on here knows I too have issues with the alphabet guys, but it is the height of hypocrisy to single out one of them and not even whisper about their own regulars.
--