NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Sean

The timeline of the print runs of the 48 subjects in the Southern League (SL) series tells us the story.

Circa..Summer > Fall 1909, the 1st press run of the SLer's (34 subjects) were printed with HINDU backs.

Circa..late 1909 > early 1910, the OLD MILL press runs started and the following 14 subjects were added
to the SL series (total = 48 subjects)......

Hart (Little Rock)
Hart (Montgomery)
King (Danville)
Lentz (Little Rock)
Orth (Lynchburg)
Rockenfeld (Montgomery)
Seitz (Norfolk)
Westlake (Danville)

Texas League

Bastian (San Antonio)
Molly Miller (Dallas)
Carlos Smith (Shreveport)
Stark (San Antonio)
Thebo (Waco)
Foley White (Houston)

Circa..Spring 1910, the PIEDMONT 350 cards were printed on all 48 - SL. Surveys indicate that these 14
additional SL subjects were were printed with PIEDMONT 350 backs in greater quantity than those of the
original 34 subjects were.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-11-2017 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Modified statement.
Old 07-08-2017, 10:07 AM

Hi Ted,

I have always thought that the print run of the latter 14 SLers started/ended at the same time. Two groups: 34 150/350s and 14 350-onlys. What is your reason for parsing out the 6 Texas Leaguers?

Scot
Old 07-08-2017, 11:24 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Scot

My recollection is, that years ago, you and I came up with 3 print runs on the So. Lgrs.

I've searched for this info in the Net54 archives, but I haven't any luck finding our discussion.

Am I imagining this, or did we arrive at such a timeline in the printing of these 48 cards ?

TED Z
Old 07-08-2017, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Scot

My recollection is, that years ago, you and I came up with 3 print runs on the So. Lgrs.

I've searched for this info in the Net54 archives, but I haven't any luck finding our discussion.

Am I imagining this, or did we arrive at such a timeline in the printing of these 48 cards ?

TED Z

Hi Ted,

Heitman thought the 6 Texas Leaguers formed their own group but they have always been grouped with the other 8 non-Hindu SLers in my mind.

Scot
Old 10-09-2018, 05:25 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Sean

The timeline of the print runs of the 48 subjects in the Southern League (SL) series tells us the story.

Circa..Summer > Fall 1909, the 1st press run of the SLer's (34 subjects) were printed with HINDU backs.

Circa..late 1909 > early 1910, the OLD MILL press runs started and the following 14 subjects were added
to the SL series (total = 48 subjects)......

Hart (Little Rock)
Hart (Montgomery)
King (Danville)
Lentz (Little Rock)
Orth (Lynchburg)
Rockenfeld (Montgomery)
Seitz (Norfolk)
Westlake (Danville)

Texas League

Bastian (San Antonio)
Molly Miller (Dallas)
Carlos Smith (Shreveport)
Stark (San Antonio)
Thebo (Waco)
Foley White (Houston)

Circa..Spring 1910, the PIEDMONT 350 cards were printed on all 48 - SL. Surveys indicate that these 14
additional SL subjects were were printed with PIEDMONT 350 backs in greater quantity than those of the
original 34 subjects were.

TED Z
Ted,
I found an ad that I think might be important on the timeline of the
printing of southern league series with Old Mill backs.

The ad was in an August 14 1909 Tampa paper. With the cards
already packaged and in transit in mid August I would think the
printing would have had to have started in late spring or early summer.

img650.jpg

Last edited by Pat R; 10-11-2018 at 12:12 PM.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:34 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference..Reflections..."Bang the DRUM Slowly" while showing us your DRUM cards

Listed in Post #516 here are all the T206's which have been confirmed (to date) with the DRUM back.

The following lists all the possible T206's which have yet to be found with the DRUM back.

350-only series (67 subjects not yet confirmed)

Abbott
Anderson
Arndt
Beck
Beckley
Bender (trees)
Blackburne
Brain
Brashear
Bresnahan (bat)
Burchell
Burns
Butler
Campbell
Carrigan
Chappelle
Chase (portrait-blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Clancy
Clymer

Collins (A's)
Cravath
Cree
Doolan (fielding)
Dubuc
Dunn (Baltimore)
Dunn (Brooklyn)
Dygert
Easterly
Ferguson
Flanagan
Fromme
Ganzel
Bill Graham (St Louis)
Grimshaw
Hall
Hannifan
Hoffman (Providence)
Howard (Chicago)
Hulswitt

Jones (Detroit)
Kruger
Lord
Malarkey
Marquard (portrait)
Mathewson (dark cap)
McCormick
Mc Elveen
McGinley
McGinnity
McGlynn
Merritt
Miller (Pittsburg)
Oberlin
O'Brien
O'Neill
Paskert
Phelan
Poland
Quillen

Sharpe
Shaw (Providence)
Stanage
Jack White (Buffalo)
Wilson
Wright
Irv Young

350/460 series (1 subject not yet confirmed)

Mullin (batting)

If any of you have any of these guys listed above with a DRUM back, PLEASE show-n-tell us about it here.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 11-06-2019 at 09:08 AM. Reason: Updated list.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:49 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference..Reflections..."Bang the DRUM Slowly" while showing us your DRUM cards

Switching back to T205 DRUM's.....after completing my 209-card T205 set [included the Hoblitzell (no stats)],
I continued my T205 "adventure" by forming these A-B-C-D sub-sets. Here is an example of my favorite...….

I've been searching for the Huggins / DRUM for quite a number of years. Any help here is greatly appreciated.

T205 DRUM's or T206 DRUM's......if you have them, why not post them here.

TED Z
Old 10-18-2018, 07:22 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 Reference....Guess how many Demmitt & O'Hara St Louis variations exist ?

* * * * * * * * * * T206 Reference, Reflections, Theory's, Surveys, etc. * * * * * * * * *

As we all know, the Demmitt and O'Hara St Louis variations were printed only with POLAR BEAR backs. This is because the POLAR BEAR timeline coincided with the trades of
these two guys from their former New York teams. Both of them started the 1910 season with their respective St Louis teams. By May 1910, both of them were re-assigned
to the Eastern (International) League. Demmitt to Montreal and O'Hara to his hometown team, Toronto.

American Lithographic printed 250 different subjects with the POLAR BEAR backs....which include subjects in the 350-only series, the 350/460 series and the 460-only series.

As rare as these 2 cards seem to be, you may be surprised to find out how many of them are in circulation. I have a fair estimate of how many Demmitt and O'Hara St Louis
variations are currently in circulation. But, before I give you my number, let us hear your guesstimate ?

Imperial Tobacco (C46)....Eastern (International) League cards (1912)

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 07-11-2019 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Correct typo.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:39 PM
Mike

Who knows how many are still out there ? I'll guessimate around 850 each.

Last edited by insidethewrapper; 10-18-2018 at 09:09 PM. Reason: sp
Old 10-18-2018, 08:40 PM
Jay

About 400 or so each