NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-12-2021, 07:46 AM
Matthew

Default 8(MC) or 5?

Hi all. I am considering buying a super nice card in PSA 8 buy it has an MC qualifier. This card looks like it’s been handle very carefully so the corners are amazing and the left/right centering is also great. However it’s an MC top/bottom and these 1954 Topps cards are notoriously MC. The price is competitive with a 5 and was wondering what advice people have. Is that MC going to drive me crazy and I’ll have a harder time moving it? I know most of this is personal preference but what are some perspectives of folks on the boards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-12-2021, 07:52 AM
James M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgnatiusJReilly View Post
Hi all. I am considering buying a super nice card in PSA 8 buy it has an MC qualifier. This card looks like it’s been handle very carefully so the corners are amazing and the left/right centering is also great. However it’s an MC top/bottom and these 1954 Topps cards are notoriously MC. The price is competitive with a 5 and was wondering what advice people have. Is that MC going to drive me crazy and I’ll have a harder time moving it? I know most of this is personal preference but what are some perspectives of folks on the boards?

I think it really depends on your intentions with the card. Is it for your PC? Or do you plan on buying and selling? Is it a card that is readily available or a deal that doesn't come around too often?

The one thing I will say Is I often regret the cards I didn't purchase rather than the ones I did. If anything I'd say buy it and then if your not satisfied, buy another and sell that one.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:20 AM
Matthew

It’s a PC card and I think I agree about regretting missed buys more than those times I’ve bought a card only to sell it later.

The issue I foresee is wanting to sell it and having trouble doing so because of the MC. It’s a 54 Topps card so not incredibly rare, but as with most vintage cards, prices are rising and I think I might be priced out soon.

Old 01-12-2021, 02:09 PM
Jim McKinley

Default MC

I have found that there at MC's and there are MC's, meaning some of the miscut cards look terrible. Others, not so much.

Given that the 1954 Topps don't have a top boarder, if the card is miscut top to bottom, it might look really nice.

Here is an example on eBay of a nice looking 8MC card:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-Topps-...IAAOSwpq9e4qvA

As long as the MC isn't cutting into the name, I would personally consider it...

Just my $.02
Old 01-12-2021, 02:24 PM
Ru.ss Khederi@n

I would not buy a MC card because if you ever try and resell it you are weeding out a huge % of potential buyers who say MC cards are a no no . I would much rather have a PSA 5 nicely centered. You open it up to a much bigger resale market.
JMHO
Old 01-12-2021, 03:03 PM
David M.

A miscut on the back of a card would be easier for me to accept.

Last edited by GasHouseGang; 01-13-2021 at 01:01 AM.