NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 07-27-2020, 09:55 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Whole season just seems forced and unnecessary. And that was my opinion a month ago. Doesn’t feel like a real season at all. And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated. Players not even following the safety protocols their union fought for. Went to a little league game last week and hardly a mask in view
Anywhere.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:33 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Whole season just seems forced and unnecessary. And that was my opinion a month ago. Doesn’t feel like a real season at all. And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated. Players not even following the safety protocols their union fought for. Went to a little league game last week and hardly a mask in view
Anywhere.
The little league and travel team games around here have been going for a while, they started while the MLB was still fighting with itself. No masks anywhere around then or now.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:36 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
The little league and travel team games around here have been going for a while, they started while the MLB was still fighting with itself. No masks anywhere around then or now.
Finally, a ray of sanity. Just curious though. Where is "around here"?
Old 07-27-2020, 10:45 AM
Mike

Same here, little league etc are playing but the Major Leagues need to shut down ? I thought this is why the rosters were expanded ! If players got sick from the virus the additional players would step in from their pratice facilities. If you test positive leave the team for 14 days and get a negative test before you return and let the rest of the players play. Again the players are not wearing masks in the dugout and not practicing social distancing.
Old 07-27-2020, 10:57 AM
Jeff Sherman

Default This is diffferent

This is not about freedom to work; its about freedom from involuntary exposure to a potential lethal pathogen. I don't care if someone wants to work in their basement. I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else. I watched the Nationals games. Repeated non-mask wearing, physical contact, no social distancing, and that affects the players AND the staff, clubhouse staff, dugout staff, media, etc., etc. It also affects and puts at risk people in hotels, airports, and anywhere the players go or gather for any reason (see Clippers’ Lou Williams story). I admit I'm a flaming liberal, but here I am pro-life -- mine, yours, our families, and our neighbors. There is NO good reason, except entertainment, for this dangerous environment to host sports in the manner MLB has chosen. The season is an illegitimate joke anyway. Why risk players' health, their families health, and their organizations and communities' health?
Old 07-27-2020, 11:11 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

You know, there's a really, really good argument for going on regardless of how many get sick and are sidelined--on a battlefield. The baseball park ain't a battlefield and the a sports season isn't a war. I would love to see sports resume but not at the cost of getting people sick. And these are meaningless exhibition games in the biggest asterisk season ever. Canned crowd noises and cutouts in the stands? What a joke. I guess to complete the synthetic experience if I decide to watch a game I should park my car a mile from my house and tuck a $20 under the wiper blade, then eat a bad hot dog and flush $10 down the toilet. And since I am in Los Angeles, find someone to beat the crap out of me in a parking lot.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 07-27-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
You know, there's a really, really good argument for going on regardless of how many get sick and are sidelined--on a battlefield. The baseball park ain't a battlefield and the a sports season isn't a war. I would love to see sports resume but not at the cost of getting people sick. And these are meaningless exhibition games in the biggest asterisk season ever. Canned crowd noises and cutouts in the stands? What a joke. I guess to complete the synthetic experience if I decide to watch a game I should park my car a mile from my house and tuck a $20 under the wiper blade, then eat a bad hot dog and flush $10 down the toilet. And since I am in Los Angeles, find someone to beat the crap out of me in a parking lot.
That's funny.. I will tip the waitress on the way out.

Personally, I think wearing face masks isn't political or about rights. It's common sense to wear one. I could hurt others by not wearing one. I will make the sacrifice of the little bit of discomfort until there is a vaccine or cure.( though we don't have a cure for the common cold yet)

Last edited by Leon; 07-27-2020 at 03:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:14 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 36GoudeyMan View Post
I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else.
Those people have the right to remain in their bunker, which is still probably a non-zero potential.
Old 07-27-2020, 12:49 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
This is not about freedom to work; its about freedom from involuntary exposure to a potential lethal pathogen. I don't care if someone wants to work in their basement. I care if someone wants to work in a physical space that has any non-zero potential to kill someone else. I watched the Nationals games. Repeated non-mask wearing, physical contact, no social distancing, and that affects the players AND the staff, clubhouse staff, dugout staff, media, etc., etc. It also affects and puts at risk people in hotels, airports, and anywhere the players go or gather for any reason (see Clippers’ Lou Williams story). I admit I'm a flaming liberal, but here I am pro-life -- mine, yours, our families, and our neighbors. There is NO good reason, except entertainment, for this dangerous environment to host sports in the manner MLB has chosen. The season is an illegitimate joke anyway. Why risk players' health, their families health, and their organizations and communities' health?
Got news for you, we likely will be living with Covid next year as well maybe even years later. Will always be non-zero death potential for years to come. 20-30% of people are not going to get a vaccine. By the way some people die when having a vaccine, its not a non-zero potential thing to do as well

There are people dying of heart disease and cancer that would of been saved had there not been a shut down.

A high percentage of the Covid deaths occurred in nursing homes.. Theres a reason Florida has far less death than New York even though there were more infections in Florida

Driving a car to look around for no apparent reason has zero benefit but there is not non-zero potential of death..

You guys need to stop taking all your news from just CNN...

Football risk of head injury is far worse then Covid risk in terms of health down the line...they didnt cancel football forever...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 07-27-2020 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-28-2020, 03:08 PM
Br3tt K0llin

Quote:
This is not about freedom to work; its about freedom from involuntary exposure to a potential lethal pathogen.
Maybe I'm missing something - can you fill me in on how exactly players are being involuntarily exposed to this 'potentially' lethal pathogen? Last time I checked players can - and are - opting out of playing. Sounds like the very definition of voluntary to me.

How many of the infected Marlins (or any other MLB players) are going to die as a direct result of this 'horrific' outbreak? My prediction: zero.

If we were discussing a nursing home - where the majority of fatalities in my home state (58%) have occurred - you might have a point. Otherwise I would suggest running for office as your nonsensical hyperbole is a nice fit for that shameful occupation!
Old 07-28-2020, 03:11 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

What if a player who opts out dies in a car accident and they otherwise would have been alive had they played?

No one will avoid the hand of death. And while you can post a tremendously sad Covid story. I'm sure there are 150,000 sad Covid stories. Of course there are nearly 5000 sad 9/11 stories. Millions of sad War death stories, sad cancer death stories, sad car accident stories.

Bottom line not a lot of good death stories.

Thread is about playing ball......and they damn well SHOULD!!!!

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-28-2020 at 03:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:26 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I'm in Cleveland, and I don't consider groups of people getting together like this to be particularly smart.
Old 07-27-2020, 11:39 AM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

I wish they would just end the season. Players opting out, others in quarantine for two weeks at a time, short schedule, half the teams get a playoff seed...if my team won it all this year, I wouldn't consider them a World Series winner. I would rather everyone stay healthy than continue this farce.

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 07-28-2020, 12:23 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Masks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I have 4 grandsons playing little league. Some of the kids wear masks, others don't. Some of the spectators wear masks, some don't. One of the kids team was postponed for 2 weeks because a family member tested positive. People seem to be social distancing, for the most part. When the season started, the bleachers were off limits and the kids couldn't use the dugouts, but now that has changed. The home plate umpire calls the balls and strikes from behind the pitcher to limit his exposure to a bunch of kids.

I live in a rural area of Wisconsin, and most people are not taking the virus seriously.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:59 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default I Couldn't Agree More...

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I have 4 grandsons playing little league. Some of the kids wear masks, others don't. Some of the spectators wear masks, some don't. One of the kids team was postponed for 2 weeks because a family member tested positive. People seem to be social distancing, for the most part. When the season started, the bleachers were off limits and the kids couldn't use the dugouts, but now that has changed. The home plate umpire calls the balls and strikes from behind the pitcher to limit his exposure to a bunch of kids.

I live in a rural area of Wisconsin, and most people are not taking the virus seriously.
.....In rural Northern Wisconsin the "Culture War" is in full bloom. Wearing a mask is inviting scornful looks. But confederate flags fly freely from pick up trucks. A local grocery store, the only one in a small community, has never had the essential workers wear masks or installed plexi glass shields at check out. We had a check out worker ask us last week "Where do you buy masks?" Talking to someone taking the virus seriously is Rare.
Old 07-29-2020, 07:54 AM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
.....In rural Northern Wisconsin the "Culture War" is in full bloom. Wearing a mask is inviting scornful looks. But confederate flags fly freely from pick up trucks. A local grocery store, the only one in a small community, has never had the essential workers wear masks or installed plexi glass shields at check out. We had a check out worker ask us last week "Where do you buy masks?" Talking to someone taking the virus seriously is Rare.
I live in a small town in the eastern sierras about 200 miles northeast of the L A sprawl. Our town has a small, and I mean small, grocery store sitting on Highway 395, the only one we have. This means every traveller out of southern california goes through town, stopping for food, gas, etc etc. and fucking up our people.

Since the shelter in place order has been lifted in California, and people are free to move around, the infection rate has doubled in our area and increased FIVEFOLD in Mammoth Lakes, CA. So our local store has a no mask no entry no service policy. And they enforce it. I was in the store checking out when some unmasked road warrior entered the store, no mask of course, and ignored the clerk. So the clerk 911’ed the guy. So you all know, I am fine with that. We have very few resources up here; half the town, including me, are retired seniors, mostly educators, and our emergency service people are all local volunteers. Our local school is also very small and has decided to reopen as usual, using masks, social distancing, etc. and the school is too small to field a football or baseball team. Hunh. I am OK with that as I have seen how the locals have responded to COVID. All I can say to dirtbags not respecting the locals is you deserve what you get. Don’t come through, piss on our gate and expect a shrug and a pass. Patience up here is gone.

I was fortunate to finally get back fusion done in Carson City after nearly a two year wait compounded by COVID. No one got inside this hospital without masks and temp checks AND being on a list of scheduled patients. Meanwhile, back in L A, my nieces decided after weeks of isolation to have a family get together, share some time, food, etc. and eight of eleven are now COVID positive. We may lose a nephew. No one seems to know who was the source. Not funny at all.

I know this is all anecdotal but this is NOT the flu. It is NOT OK if some 80 year old dies of COVID. It is NOT OK to ignore Local health ordinance. As for baseball, play the damn season. Shut down a team like the Marlins for a couple weeks, enforce a quarantine, and let this thing play out. Maybe the MLBPA needs to be held accountable for any breach, I don’t know, but an outbreak should not get a pass. Lock the f*ckers up. No travel, no clubbing, no grab ass, no nothin’. Playing is a privilege, not a guaranteed right. Enjoy your stay at Holiday Inn.
...whatever I want
Old 07-29-2020, 12:51 PM
Wayne V

Default Confederate flags in the north

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
I'm from Louisiana. I understand why many people do (as well as many don't) like and wave the Confederate flag. I don't get why anyone up north would like and wave a Confederate flag.
I can only think of one reason. It seems to be a proud proclamation that the Confederate flag waver up north is a racist. Am I wrong ? What would the other reasons be ?
Old 07-29-2020, 12:53 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannonballsun View Post
I'm from Louisiana. I understand why many people do (as well as many don't) like and wave the Confederate flag. I don't get why anyone up north would like and wave a Confederate flag.
I can only think of one reason. It seems to be a proud proclamation that the Confederate flag waver up north is a racist. Am I wrong ? What would the other reasons be ?
Dukes of Hazard fans
Old 07-29-2020, 12:55 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
I have an 18 year old second cousin who was posting all kinds of Confederate flag memes on facebook. He was trying to argue that it was his "heritage". I had to remind him that his family wasn't even in this country until the early 20th century. He blocked me.
Old 07-29-2020, 03:00 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Howdy Wayne,

Quote:
I am happy to engage in a conversation with You on this most important subject. Thank you for your interest!!! You are not wrong that the display of the stars & bars is a completely racist expression. Not only in display but verbal expression. Allow me to tell you that when George Wallace ran for President in Wisconsin's Presidential Preferential Primary , in the early , 1970's-------in Price County and Emery Township specificly George Wallace reigned supreme.. That sentiment is pervasive to this day. It will not go away or evolve into modern day thinking. I will share with you that I moved here from Ann Arbor Michigan---"The Harvard Of The Midwest" to meet this culture head on. And surviving ,at gun point,this "Back Woods Ignorance" I remain A warrior for social justice. Hey the goobers lost the war ( as they should have) . but some neanderthals didn't get the news in a timely fashion. Very sincerely, Dennis
Old 07-29-2020, 03:35 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Well, I graduated HS in the '80's. We were the South Rebels, which geographically didn't make much sense because if you walk directly north out of our town you will be swimming to Canada. So back then we all flew our Rebel flags, because it was our HS and we didn't know any better. (Needless to say, we were almost 100% lily white, too. I had a black buddy there who jokingly referred to himself as "The Token.")

Sometime by the early 90's the flag went away, the crowd murmured "Hey!" and life went on. A while back, the simple drawing of a Confederate soldier disappeared. A few people went "hey."

Now I look back and wonder what the heck we were thinking??
Old 07-28-2020, 05:40 PM
Jay Shumsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
Large parts of the country that are now seeing significant increases in cases are places that also weren't initially taking the virus very seriously. Somehow other countries were able to get things under control by having a nationwide strategy that relied on the best scientific evidence available at the time. It's unfortunate that the same thing couldn't happen in the US.
Old 07-27-2020, 03:25 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
And I think it sends a
Message to kids in little league, college ball, etc. that athletes don’t need to follow the rules that are being articulated.
I think that ship sailed long ago. LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 07-27-2020, 04:21 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I've been coaching little league kids since end of May ZERO problems.

In Illinois Sunday 1 Covid death - a 90 year old man. No offense but 90!!!! Please.

Shut the world down, because someone dies from a disease.

PATHETIC!

Play ball!

Shut everything down until every person on Earth is safe. What a joke!

Oh no a few healthy 20 years olds tested Positive oh no Shut the season down. Everyone back to their basements.

IDIOTS!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 05:41 PM
Fred

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcmwPYCUysw

This whole year is pointless... feel free to pee in my Cheerios if you're offended by that.

What? Nobody enjoys it when the broadcast crew raises the volume on the cheering when the home team hits one over the fence or someone makes a great play?

That was the beauty of baseball - over a long season, things usually "even out" so to speak. IF it lasts 60 games, it'll be interesting to see how it all ends... I'd like nothing more than watching the San Francisco Giants battling it out with the the Kansas City Royals for the WS title.
Old 12-11-2022, 03:00 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

interesting to see this thread with peoples opinions and than what really happened...haha
Old 12-11-2022, 03:23 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

So now we're bumping years-old threads as an additional forum for anti-vax rants?

Perhaps Leon could do us all a favor and lock these COVID threads. Personally, I'd love to see the Watercooler section return to being a place of civility.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 12-11-2022, 03:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyStrawberry View Post
So now we're bumping years-old threads as an additional forum for anti-vax rants?

Perhaps Leon could do us all a favor and lock these COVID threads. Personally, I'd love to see the Watercooler section return to being a place of civility.
I noticed that thread was active recently, but I resisted the normal reaction to look at it.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 07-27-2020, 06:00 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Another adult who thinks kids playing little league is the most important thing in the universe. A few in my family. As if you have any freakin idea if some kid in the leagues' 80 year old grand mother died from something she got at a family reunion from someone who got it from her grandson who got it at a little league game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post

In Illinois Sunday 1 Covid death - a 90 year old man. No offense but 90!!!! Please.

PATHETIC!

Play ball!

Oh no a few healthy 20 years olds tested Positive oh no Shut the season down. Everyone back to their basements.

IDIOTS!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 06:17 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Another adult who thinks kids playing little league is the most important thing in the universe. A few in my family. As if you have any freakin idea if some kid in the leagues' 80 year old grand mother died from something she got at a family reunion from someone who got it from her grandson who got it at a little league game.
It's important kids play, it's important kids go to school.
Do u even have kids mouth?
Old 07-27-2020, 06:43 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Each and every parent has thanked me and continues to thank me for getting their kids out and playing. None were forced to play. None however refused. Each one I asked said YES.

Grandma needs to stay home.

There are ways to beat this if you are smart, masks, social distance.

Over 2 months ZERO issues.

As for MLBs same thing, do it right and you will be fine. And they are young. They're fine. Keep playing and for those of you who don't like it, don't watch.

I'm in Chicago and lucky to have very good radio announcers, listen to the game on the radio if you don't like the visual of it. Just like the old days!!

You old sticks in the mud need to learn to adapt to a problem and make the best of a bad situation......or continue to moan like old ladies.

Can't wait for the playoffs!!!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 06:48 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Or make it like the Hunger Games

F-ing out go the MARLINS.

or bring up their B team.

Anybody who thinks any of these 4 sports are going to go smoothly were mistaken. Issues will arise. Have a Plan B. Plan C. Adapt.

Don't throw in the towel at the first instance of adversity.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 07-27-2020 at 06:49 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 07:53 PM
Steve Birmingham

Lucky you

Massachusetts is running around 2-300 new cases a day, and 10-20 deaths. We were about half that a month ago.

The people I know in the medical field also say that just because you don't die doesn't mean you aren't messed up, sometimes permanently.

By all means though, keep on not taking it seriously.

Quote:

PATHETIC!

Play ball!

IDIOTS!!!
Old 07-27-2020, 08:18 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Lucky you

Massachusetts is running around 2-300 new cases a day, and 10-20 deaths. We were about half that a month ago.

The people I know in the medical field also say that just because you don't die doesn't mean you aren't messed up, sometimes permanently.

How am I not taking it seriously? I wear a mask, social distance, etc. What else do you need me to do that will make YOU happy? Stay in the house and not come out for a year or 2? Yah not gonna happen.
Old 07-27-2020, 08:25 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
How am I not taking it seriously? I wear a mask, social distance, etc. What else do you need me to do that will make YOU happy? Stay in the house and not come out for a year or 2? Yah not gonna happen.
Yes so people.that have lived, traveled, worked, and maybe some whom haven't made healthy life decisions, can prevent children from being educated, traveling, and one day retiring.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-27-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
What else do you need me to do that will make YOU happy? Stay in the house and not come out for a year or 2? Yah not gonna happen.
Only through November 3, if things go their way that night then 90% of this will disappear overnight.
Old 07-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Only through November 3, if things go their way that night then 90% of this will disappear overnight.
ahahaahahhaahahahaaha!!!!! The truth.

Poor CNN. Be careful what you wish for (CNN). They have no idea their ratings are going to sink like a stone if Trump loses. They will have nothing to talk about.

Fox too, if Trump is gone both will take a beating......both their ratings have surged this past year and the past four years because of him. Like him or not that's a fact.

At least Fox has the babes to tune back into. CNN by February, people will be like was it CMM or CN&N what was that station?
Old 07-27-2020, 09:25 PM
Rob

I'm starting to think that there's an outside chance that it's not going away, like influenza. We will have to adapt. Robert

I'm really enjoying the baseball. It's kind of heroic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg faulknernobelspeech751.jpg (82.9 KB, 389 views)
File Type: jpg jacklondon.jpg (59.9 KB, 387 views)
Old 07-28-2020, 07:28 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Lucky you

My friend that works in a hospital says that if they find Covid 19 in a patient, they get up front money from the federal govt to pay, so if the patient comes in from a car accident, they test for covid and if positive they get the money and it counts towards the covid statistics even if the person dies from traumatic injuries from the car accident

the stats are skewed...yes one is too many but we cant prevent all death in everything....the increase in murders of under 35 year olds from this year to last as already exceeded the number of under 35 deaths to covid... i really think CNN and Fox etc should keep a toll of deaths from other causes they exceed last years numbers when they put up the covid deaths to keep everything in prospective
Old 07-28-2020, 10:31 AM
Dave

Alright, I'm going to say this once, and then I'm going to go away. I'm not debating about freedom, or "right to work", or anti-vaccination nonsense, or any of the misguided nonsense going on in this thread or the other one in the Watercooler section.

For those who think this is a worldwide conspiracy against "The Grand Orange Poobah", you can kindly "Go F.... Yourselves".

I think it's really cute people are still comparing this to the flu. If you wanted to play that game back in February, when you could claim to be misguided by the Chinese or whoever the f***...........fine............if you are still doing it, you're the reason why we're devolving into a 3rd world country and the rest of the world is laughing at us, or concerned we're going to be a permanent hot spot they can never do business with again.

I have a sister who's stationed at an Air Force base in South Korea. She's seeing how they've handled it, and how we're handling it over here, and we're a literal laughing stock..........which I'm sure many in this country are obliviously proud of.

Firstly, my uncle contracted Covid back in March. Early 60's, strong as an ox, still golfs, swims and plays rec league basketball regularly. Hospitalized for three weeks. No ventilator, but was put in an oxygenated room, Covid still wrecked through his system, got sepsis of the liver, and 5 months later he still hasn't really completely recovered. He's had the flu before, this isn't the flu.

Lastly, my wife lost both of her parents to Covid, in a 3 week span between April and May. They were not on their deathbeds already when it took them. The flu takes people in 1st World Countires who are already (for the most part) on their deathbeds, Covid puts them there. They were not living in a nursing home. They were not in hospice. They were not convalescing. They were in their early to mid 70's at the time. They were exposed by somebody who had it and didn't know they had it, during a trip to the hospital for an unrelated issue.

My mother-in-law received a dose of Trump's "miracle drug", had a major cardiac event hours later, and died. Then her body was actually misplaced in a refrigerated truck because of the Covid backlog at the hospital and unable to be found for several days.

My father-in-law spent 3 weeks fighting on a ventilator before he passed. Much of it in agony and unable to communicate properly when he was awake. The medical bills that the family saw for the pair of them after they passed, that was submitted to the insurance companies, approached $1 Million bucks. If you think the pittance the government gives to hospitals for Covid cases, are grotesquely skewing the statistics in Covids favor........you don't know how hospitals work. Anecdotal bullsh*t does not skew statistics that badly.

The only person who could visit them while they were sick, was my sister-in-law, who just happened to be a medical professional at the hospital they were being treated at. My wife (a former medical professional herself), was sewing triple filtered masks for her sister and the hospital she was working for, as they couldn't restock in supplies fast enough at the time.

The dual memorial service for her parents was about 20 minutes long, in a cemetery, with less then 20 people in attendance and spread out over the grounds. Unbelievably, I still saw idiots show up to a goddamn Covid funeral without masks on. But hey, "Freedom".........amirite?

My wife was unable to tie up any emotional loose ends she had with her parents, before they passed.

CNN didn't tell me this, the portion of "the media", that involves fact checkers and non-opinion pieces that a lot of this country seems to hate, didn't tell me this, Dr. Anthony Fauci didn't tell me this.

I lived this with my wife, and she still lives with it today. She has to deal with supposed friends asking her about "underlying conditions" her parents had. She has to deal with the underlying rage that builds up when she sees store clerks without masks on in close proximity to other people, or even worse, people who enter a store she is in with a mask, to get past the front gates, and then proudly rip off their mask, the second they get past that first line of defense, and then sneer at her, like she's some "sheep", for keeping her mask on.

If you think these are "Acceptable Casualties" and consequences of this virus, on behalf of my wife I will happily say "F**k You!".

Sincerely, Me.

P.S. Not looking for condolences or sympathy.....just for people to open their eyes. If Leon wants to disappear this entire thread and the other one, I'm all for it. I see enough of this sh*t everywhere else already.
Old 07-28-2020, 10:56 AM
Tim Newcomb

Default +1

So sorry to hear about this, Dave.

Seems to me that the sheep are the ones among us who can’t deal with scientific facts because they are too inconvenient, so they get all their news from Twitter.

Leon, this thread probably should go too, or at least be locked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Alright, I'm going to say this once, and then I'm going to go away. I'm not debating about freedom, or "right to work", or anti-vaccination nonsense, or any of the misguided nonsense going on in this thread or the other one in the Watercooler section.

For those who think this is a worldwide conspiracy against "The Grand Orange Poobah", you can kindly "Go F.... Yourselves".

I think it's really cute people are still comparing this to the flu. If you wanted to play that game back in February, when you could claim to be misguided by the Chinese or whoever the f***...........fine............if you are still doing it, you're the reason why we're devolving into a 3rd world country and the rest of the world is laughing at us, or concerned we're going to be a permanent hot spot they can never do business with again.

I have a sister who's stationed at an Air Force base in South Korea. She's seeing how they've handled it, and how we're handling it over here, and we're a literal laughing stock..........which I'm sure many in this country are obliviously proud of.

Firstly, my uncle contracted Covid back in March. Early 60's, strong as an ox, still golfs, swims and plays rec league basketball regularly. Hospitalized for three weeks. No ventilator, but was put in an oxygenated room, Covid still wrecked through his system, got sepsis of the liver, and 5 months later he still hasn't really completely recovered. He's had the flu before, this isn't the flu.

Lastly, my wife lost both of her parents to Covid, in a 3 week span between April and May. They were not on their deathbeds already when it took them. The flu takes people in 1st World Countires who are already (for the most part) on their deathbeds, Covid puts them there. They were not living in a nursing home. They were not in hospice. They were not convalescing. They were in their early to mid 70's at the time. They were exposed by somebody who had it and didn't know they had it, during a trip to the hospital for an unrelated issue.

My mother-in-law received a dose of Trump's "miracle drug", had a major cardiac event hours later, and died. Then her body was actually misplaced in a refrigerated truck because of the Covid backlog at the hospital and unable to be found for several days.

My father-in-law spent 3 weeks fighting on a ventilator before he passed. Much of it in agony and unable to communicate properly when he was awake. The medical bills that the family saw for the pair of them after they passed, that was submitted to the insurance companies, approached $1 Million bucks. If you think the pittance the government gives to hospitals for Covid cases, are grotesquely skewing the statistics in Covids favor........you don't know how hospitals work. Anecdotal bullsh*t does not skew statistics that badly.

The only person who could visit them while they were sick, was my sister-in-law, who just happened to be a medical professional at the hospital they were being treated at. My wife (a former medical professional herself), was sewing triple filtered masks for her sister and the hospital she was working for, as they couldn't restock in supplies fast enough at the time.

The dual memorial service for her parents was about 20 minutes long, in a cemetery, with less then 20 people in attendance and spread out over the grounds. Unbelievably, I still saw idiots show up to a goddamn Covid funeral without masks on. But hey, "Freedom".........amirite?

My wife was unable to tie up any emotional loose ends she had with her parents, before they passed.

CNN didn't tell me this, the portion of "the media", that involves fact checkers and non-opinion pieces that a lot of this country seems to hate, didn't tell me this, Dr. Anthony Fauci didn't tell me this.

I lived this with my wife, and she still lives with it today. She has to deal with supposed friends asking her about "underlying conditions" her parents had. She has to deal with the underlying rage that builds up when she sees store clerks without masks on in close proximity to other people, or even worse, people who enter a store she is in with a mask, to get past the front gates, and then proudly rip off their mask, the second they get past that first line of defense, and then sneer at her, like she's some "sheep", for keeping her mask on.

If you think these are "Acceptable Casualties" and consequences of this virus, on behalf of my wife I will happily say "F**k You!".

Sincerely, Me.

P.S. Not looking for condolences or sympathy.....just for people to open their eyes. If Leon wants to disappear this entire thread and the other one, I'm all for it. I see enough of this sh*t everywhere else already.

Last edited by timn1; 07-28-2020 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-28-2020, 01:46 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default I Completely Agree With....

Sincerely, Me.

...The observations and sentiments that Dave has shared with us. He stated that he is not soliciting "Condolences & Sympathy" but his moving testimony is witness to the national horror that we are all faced with whether in touch with reality or oblivious to it. To those oblivious ones I urge them to have another drink of the orange Kool Aid and go out and lick a public hand rail or door knob since they are so very confidant in their position.....it certainly couldn't hurt. Even though unsolicited, my heart goes out to Dave and his family for this probably unnecessary tragedy. I think Dave's suggestion regarding the locking of this thread is a sound one. Leon....let's not give the gap tooth goobers a platform to spread ignorance. I will add that this is the very first "Pissing Match" that I have entered on this board and "The Old Board".
Sincerely, Dennis O'Brien

P.S. Not looking for condolences or sympathy.....just for people to open their eyes. If Leon wants to disappear this entire thread and the other one, I'm all for it. I see enough of this sh*t everywhere else already.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-28-2020, 09:28 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
My mother-in-law received a dose of Trump's "miracle drug"...
The "miracle drug" has been proven to be effective by many doctors that have come out publicly claiming to have great results with their patients. The latest one, Dr. Stella Immanuel, claims to have treated over 350 patients, many with underlying conditions, and hasn't lost one patient. But social media keeps shutting these doctors down. That's not a conspiracy theory, it's a fact. So why? These doctors have no motivation for sharing their results. Does it work on everybody? Probably not, but what drug does? Are there side effects? Sure, but what drug doesn't have possible side effects? And unfortunately heart problems are one. But if I'm diagnosed with the disease, you can bet I'm taking the "miracle drug" for a fast recovery.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkIK6-TNok

https://www.henryford.com/news/2020/...eiZBwgkjBKpBt8

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.fre...amp/2955430001
Old 07-28-2020, 09:37 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
My friend that works in a hospital says that if they find Covid 19 in a patient, they get up front money from the federal govt to pay, so if the patient comes in from a car accident, they test for covid and if positive they get the money and it counts towards the covid statistics even if the person dies from traumatic injuries from the car accident

the stats are skewed...yes one is too many but we cant prevent all death in everything....the increase in murders of under 35 year olds from this year to last as already exceeded the number of under 35 deaths to covid... i really think CNN and Fox etc should keep a toll of deaths from other causes they exceed last years numbers when they put up the covid deaths to keep everything in prospective
The guy who runs the funeral home says he sees lots of cases where people "survive" but die a month or two later from damage it did to other organs.

If someone is younger, they may have lung damage that may not heal, heart problems, cognitive impairment, Chronic fatigue, Blood clots.
Most of these are also known side effects of other coronaviruses, like the version that causes SARS.

Big surprise that letting people out of prison raises all sorts of crimes. Who could have imagine that.....