NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-18-2004, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay Literacy Fund

Posted By: runscott

Please help this poor man by bidding on his fake Wagner - I'm sure he won't use the money to purchase alcohol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31719&item=5122235557&rd=1

Old 09-18-2004, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I think it's real because of the pic of the old house......

Old 09-18-2004, 09:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Max

..through high bidder youarefoolishtobidagainstme (-1) feedback. Checking his feedback, his last effort was to prevent some fake Jordans from being sold.

Old 09-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff M.

Leon,
You know I live outside of Detroit and I can tell you this guy has not got one of the worst looking houses in town. I have seen alot worse and have probably even been in a few. Later, Jeff

Old 09-18-2004, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Isn't it amazing how these people never seem to know anything at all about baseball cards, yet they know all about PSA, 'nodgrass and ol' Blue Eyes. Real collectors should be so well informed.

Jay

I saw weird stuff in that place last night. Wierd, strange, sick, twisted, eerie, godless, evil stuff. And I want in.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Gary B.

My favorite part of this e-mail, besides the description, which reads as the biggest run-on sentence I've eve seen in my life, is how he seems to cover ALL the bases here - like he's read the book on ebay scamming and wants to make sure not to miss anything:

I WILL START BY SAYING I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT BASEBALL CARDS

I CAN TELL YOU THAT I'VE BEEN ALL OVER AND CAN'T GET A STRAIT ANSWER ON THIS CARD.

AND IS NOT GRADED I CAN NOT GRANTEE AUTHINCITY.

I WILL ONLY EXCEPT ONLY MONEY ORDERS OR CASHIERS CHECK. (to his defense, he later added paypal as an option)

PLEASE I CANNOT ANSWER ANY MORE QUESTIONS THAN I HAVE STATED.

All sale are final.

I will not meet anyone for my safety as well as yours.

Also have tried to get bigger scan but can't figure out how if may scanner even would. my digital camera is even worse.

also haven't returned e-mails because some seem to be crazy to say the least. And safety has become an issue.

The last one is my favorite. He can't answer e-mails because some people seem to be crzy to say the least, and saftey has become an issue. That's a new one. I know people who've been seriously hurt or even killed via e-mail myself, so I understand his concern. God knows how he's going to get payment on this once the auction is over, since he can't communicate by e-mail or in person, since obviously, saftey is an issue.

Old 09-18-2004, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: steve k

This scammer is a funny guy.

Old 09-18-2004, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

SAFETY TOO,IF YOU HAD THE MONUS LISA!

Old 09-18-2004, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

He will not meet you in person for his safety "as well has yours."

Old 09-18-2004, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Our hero youarefoolishtobidagainstme's (the exposure of fakes) (-1) bid has been cancelled. Bids as high as $5,000 have been cancelled. The Honus (or if it's the Monus Lisa, shouldn't it be Hona Wagner?) Wagner has plummeted to $515. However, apn2000 is so excited about this card he has bid six times over the next highest bidder. The excitement builds....should we fear for our safety?

Old 09-18-2004, 01:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

... he says he knows nothing about baseball and baseball cards, but the card resides in a penny sleave and top loader.

Old 09-18-2004, 02:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John

I love that song by Nat King Cole how does that go again? "MONUS LISA, MONUS LISA eyes adoors Yous" I am a little upset though him taking a picture of my house without asking permission. Please no more than two on the porch at one time please!

Old 09-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

That people never find common T206s in their attic, granfather's cigar box, etc.? They always find Honus Wagner. Maybe the card isn't so rare afterall.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com

Old 09-18-2004, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mr.nonsequitur

I saw Mr. Mint at the Philly Show last night-greeting everyone with a big smile.

Old 09-18-2004, 06:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

from someone with over 300 feedback...

Old 09-18-2004, 08:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martindl

And oh how those 300+ feedback have been compiled. The high bidder seems to have an affinitiy for 'too good to be true'.

Old 09-18-2004, 09:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: David Vargha

PT Barnum was right.

DavidVargha@hotmail.com