NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone else catch this PSA error - Ty Cobb

Posted By: Double-P-Enterprises

Unless I'm mistaken, this is an E220 National Caramel and worth considerably more than an E121 (I believe it sold accurately however). Would look much nicer in an SGC holder once labeled accurately

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=300185152201&ssPageName=STRK:MEDW:IT&ih=020

Old 01-04-2008, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

It is a trimmed E220. If anyone wants to give me $520 for my trimmed E220 Cobb, consider it sold.

Old 01-04-2008, 06:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brad

Matt,

What makes you think the card is trimmed?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Isn't that the same company that had the over graded PSA 6?

Steve

Old 01-04-2008, 07:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

From my memory, the borders looked thin - on checking, it probably is fine and just a diamond cut.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty quinn

with creases looking like a road map and some nice vintage wear what should the "accurate" grade be?

Old 01-04-2008, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

Marty,

I don't think the grade is being questioned but rather the card's designation.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: marty quinn

ahha! correct rob, my oops! the way psa holders some cards is disgusting, did ya see the psa colgans, terrible!

Old 01-04-2008, 08:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

is that the card says "National Caramel Company" right on the back. Nevermind the fine distinctions between American and National cards, just read the darn thing!

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 01-05-2008, 04:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich Klein

This is the 2nd card in a week that he's put up for sale that was mis-identified or badly graded.

As Barry would say, and I hope I'm not putting words in his mouth at this point, at some point the seller sells a card and has the faith that it is either graded or labeled correctly. This seller has had 2 bad examples in the past week; neither of which was his fault.

Regards
Rich

Old 01-05-2008, 06:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Realistically, most collectors would have had a good chance at properly identifying this card if it had not been slabbed.

Here, slabbing increased the likelihood that the card would be misidentified. Card identification is considered a beneficial aspect of getting a card graded.

Sincere praises to those collectors of graded cards who look beyond the printing atop the slab!!

Old 01-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

I am the buyer of this card that is mislabeled by PSA. You gentlemen are too good at catching things a novice would not even notice. The question I have for you is since it is mislabeled do I have to buy it? I was a seller in a similar incident and I absorbed the loss and relisted even though it technically was not my error. This seller told me it was not his fault and I am obligated to buy the Cobb. What is the consensus on this. Thanks for any advice bruce Kasarda

Old 01-05-2008, 01:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

2 different answers...

Are you OBLIGATED? Yes if you knew of the mistake and bid anyway, no if you were not aware and you relied on the label.

SHOULD you follow through with the deal?? I think so, folks seem to think that is a reasonable price for the card itself. You could always send it in to PSA and see if they'll "buy" it, which I think they would just 'cause they'd be able to resell it correctly labeled and recoup what they paid you.

I reckon that will muddy the waters a bit for you. Good luck with it all!

Frank.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

E220's are far scarcer than E121's and I wouldn't doubt that an E220 Cobby is worth more than an E121. Not sure about your question as to being obligated to buy it. BTW, I sent you an email concerning some cards and not sure if you got it?.....take care

Old 01-05-2008, 07:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: bigfish

I think you should buy the card for the price listed. You did well on that purchase and the e220 is a scarcer than the e121. I will trade you my psa 8 N172 Sage and Dick Van Dyke towards it.