NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-27-2014, 04:45 PM
Richard Simon

Default Lee Trythall (CC) sinks to a new low (probably others too)

http://m.fox19.com/#!/newsDetail/24831988
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 02-27-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Scott

Wow. what a piece of crap
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM
Jim M.arinari

"Trythall disagrees and says these items are plentiful and "easy to get."

Yes. Yes they are.
Old 02-27-2014, 08:29 PM
Charlie

Yet STILL no investigation into Cockroach Corner.
By the way; any opinions on Epperson?
I have heard a number of things and just want to get the experts opinion.

Thanks,

Full disclosure : Charlie Maselli
Old 02-28-2014, 04:58 AM
Christopher Williams

Yeah, all of crap they sell "certed" by Ted Taylor (TTA/Stat Authentic). Chris "I Never Saw An Autograph I Didn't Like" Morales, RareandSigned.com, GAI (Mike Baker), ACE (Justin Priddy), Drew Max, etc., but according to Lee Trythall "Most of the stuff is good."

Roach's Corner............

And SCD (Sports Collectors Digest) for accepting their (Lee Trythall and Scott Malack) tainted advertising dollars for two decades.
Old 02-28-2014, 06:31 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post

Roach's Corner............

And SCD (Sports Collectors Digest) for accepting their (Lee Trythall and Scott Malack) tainted advertising dollars for two decades.
This is the part that is most disappointing to me and has been for years. They call themselves "the voice of the hobby" then just keep on taking the money. Every expert in the hobby speaks out against them, but the "voice of the hobby" remains silent.
Old 02-28-2014, 09:50 AM
Chuck Tapia

I'll say this for my buddy Brock, who probably LOVES charity Auctions....EVERYTHING at Charity auctions are FAKE. Just like autographs at Auction Zip, where nothing is real, ZIP.

LEE TRYTHALL, you are an ignorant PIG and a BOIL on the ass of society. Please shoot yourself in the head ASAP
Old 02-28-2014, 10:44 AM
Chuck Tapia

http://www.fox19.com/story/24831988/...ons-every-year

Here's the video story...Nicely done!

About time a few news organizations are starting to report on this viscous scam
Old 02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Agreed. Great news segment. And I agree 99+% of signed items at Charity events are fake.

Last year, I was at the Golf course with my dad, and they had some charity raffle going on. My dad starting eyeing a few of the signed items, I had to tell him to get away, and let him know that they were more than likely fake. Even though I wasn't at all familiar with the golf signatures, it's easy to look for comparisons between 2 signatures that should share none of the same qualities. 2 or 3 of 'em were obviously signed by the same hand.
Old 02-28-2014, 02:46 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Was anyone else surprised to see CC's headquarters?? For all the money they've made in the last 20 years, why live in a dump?
Old 02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
James Wymer

I live about 20 miles from this charity that got scammed. The reporters name is Hagit Limor.
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 02-28-2014, 06:16 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Was anyone else surprised to see CC's headquarters?? For all the money they've made in the last 20 years, why live in a dump?
VERY surprised. I would have figured it would be as nice as the old Sears Tower
Old 02-28-2014, 06:40 PM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

Anyone have a link or a photo of the CC building?
Old 02-28-2014, 07:12 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
http://www.fox19.com/story/24831988/...ons-every-year

Here's the video story...Nicely done!

About time a few news organizations are starting to report on this viscous scam
Thanks for posting that link, Chuck.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:44 PM
Christopher Williams

Chicken-Sh*t Lee Trythall wouldn't even go on camera......
Old 03-01-2014, 05:15 AM
Scott

It's so pathetic. More bad press tho. Maybe this story will get some stuff done. and Keep in mind, this is only bout their R/R stuff. Think if they did a sports story like this...wow..
Old 03-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Richard Simon

Would be nice if some LE could subpoena their books and see who their consignors are.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 03-01-2014, 08:47 AM
Clint

Quote:
I'll say this for my buddy Brock, who probably LOVES charity Auctions....EVERYTHING at Charity auctions are FAKE. Just like autographs at Auction Zip, where nothing is real, ZIP

I've run a charity auction that has featured autographs and I would have to disagree with you on everything being fake. Everything that we have auctioned has come either from my personal collection or the other 2 people helping me. All of my items I obtained personally and the same for the other two people. We aren't big time by any means but after our event, which happens to be today, we will have raised over $50,000 over 4 years. Only a small portion of this comes from the autographs. This year we will have jerseys signed by Pete Rose and Tony Dorsett. Both obtained at a signing in Wichita. We also have signed art from country star Miranda Lambert that was acquired from her store the Pink Pistol for Mutt Nation.

I'm not going to disagree that much of what is at other auctions is fake but let's not throw all of us under the bus.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:47 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
I've run a charity auction that has featured autographs and I would have to disagree with you on everything being fake. Everything that we have auctioned has come either from my personal collection or the other 2 people helping me. All of my items I obtained personally and the same for the other two people. We aren't big time by any means but after our event, which happens to be today, we will have raised over $50,000 over 4 years. Only a small portion of this comes from the autographs. This year we will have jerseys signed by Pete Rose and Tony Dorsett. Both obtained at a signing in Wichita. We also have signed art from country star Miranda Lambert that was acquired from her store the Pink Pistol for Mutt Nation.

I'm not going to disagree that much of what is at other auctions is fake but let's not throw all of us under the bus.
Everything is 100% with Fudd! Congrats on your charity, keep it up!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:41 AM
Dave Millhouse
Banned

+1
Old 03-01-2014, 12:15 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post

Nice to know there is ONE charity doing the right thing Farmboy. That's one in a million, like Haystacks Calhoun. Now we should all jump at buying at Charity Auctions because 1 out of a zillion doesn't sell forgeries? Lest us not forget that Charity auctions are the BIGGEST SCAM for Autographs and EVERYTHING is FAKE, until proven otherwise. It's the wheelhouse for All the USUAL suspects from ACE, GA, STAT, Coaches Corner, MFP, MFP Afterbirth, Drew Maxx AAU, MORALASS, you know the all losers.....

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-01-2014 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:21 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Everything is 100% with Fudd! Congrats on your charity, keep it up!
, RIGHT!!!!!

If there's a high probability of FAKES, I DON't buy SH** from them...That's my point. I'm not searching for a Needle in a Haystack.

If they perpetuate the sale of Fake "ANYTHING". I don't buy sh** from them....get the picture

such as Craigslist, E-bay, ALWAYS FAKE AT AUCTION, AUCTION ZIP, (Where Nothing is real, ZIP. Charity Auctions and ANYTHING FROM FLORIDA. FUDD WILL NOT BUY SQUAT. If you want to support what they do so you can "get a good deal" (GET Fu****) most of the time, go right ahead pigeons.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:37 PM
Brock

Chuck,
Are you even a collector????
Old 03-01-2014, 12:54 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks12025 View Post
Chuck,
Are you even a collector????
this post isn't about what I collect, but if you must know, I collect 1oz Kruggerands and Benjamin Franklins. I do not buy these from any of the platforms mentioned. I buy coins for my Maracas from a trusted dealer and get my 100's to build castle walls from the bank. That's all I collect for now. No Bit coins or anymore stupid Autographs. I have all I need and I have been sick up and fed with all the BS associated with this Hobby.

Occasionally, once a year I am enticed by E-bay to buy a picture or a baseball or maybe even a baseball card or two. If it' doesn't fit on my office wall or in 1 plastic filing box, I'm not buying SQUAT ANYMORE. When these scammers are taken out, I might again, but probably not.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-01-2014 at 12:55 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:21 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
, RIGHT!!!!!

If there's a high probability of FAKES, I DON't buy SH** from them...That's my point. I'm not searching for a Needle in a Haystack.

If they perpetuate the sale of Fake "ANYTHING". I don't buy sh** from them....get the picture

such as Craigslist, E-bay, ALWAYS FAKE AT AUCTION, AUCTION ZIP, (Where Nothing is real, ZIP. Charity Auctions and ANYTHING FROM FLORIDA. FUDD WILL NOT BUY SQUAT. If you want to support what they do so you can "get a good deal" (GET Fu****) most of the time, go right ahead pigeons.
I think it is great that you chose to pontificate here. However, it is not constructive to intellectual discourse. I believe that everyone who participates agrees that CC should be shut down and Lee T is a fornicating rectum. Yes, many charity auctions are cheated by these low lifes and that is a damn shame. Your broad brush statements damning everything you have a problem with certainly does not contribute positively to the conversation. Your cynicism drips out of every word you type. Travis Lite perhaps.

You collect gold and dollars because there are so many scammers out there. Well boo to the hoo!!! We all live with that and try to take positive steps against it. We don't sit in the corner sucking our thumb and whining.

By the way, it is easy to find a needle in a haystack – magnet or metal detector. It is much harder to find a needle in a needlestack.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 03-01-2014 at 04:21 PM.
Old 03-01-2014, 04:37 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I think it is great that you chose to pontificate here. However, it is not constructive to intellectual discourse. I believe that everyone who participates agrees that CC should be shut down and Lee T is a fornicating rectum. Yes, many charity auctions are cheated by these low lifes and that is a damn shame. Your broad brush statements damning everything you have a problem with certainly does not contribute positively to the conversation. Your cynicism drips out of every word you type. Travis Lite perhaps.

You collect gold and dollars because there are so many scammers out there. Well boo to the hoo!!! We all live with that and try to take positive steps against it. We don't sit in the corner sucking our thumb and whining.

By the way, it is easy to find a needle in a haystack – magnet or metal detector. It is much harder to find a needle in a needlestack.
I've never known Chuck to "Sit in the corner sucking his thumb and whining."

Chuck was one of the first supporters of my YouTube videos exposing Coach's Corner (Lee Trythall and Scott Malack).

Chuck just has his own way of voicing his displeasure with the likes of a Roach's Corner.
Old 03-01-2014, 08:35 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I think it is great that you chose to pontificate here. However, it is not constructive to intellectual discourse.
Keep up the good rants Chuck! If I wanted deep intellectual discourse I think I'd hang out somewhere other than an internet forum for autographs.

Just my two pesos,

Mike

Last edited by thenavarro; 03-01-2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:35 AM
Chuck Tapia

I really just like to try and make you guys laugh so please never take anything I say literally.

I do whine, I do complain, so what? If I paint with broad strokes, I'm sorry it offends you.

When I get ripped off or I believe an entity doesn't act with Integrity, I don't PATRONIZE them with my dollars. That's really all I'm sayin.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:36 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
I really just like to try and make you guys laugh so please never take anything I say literally.

I do whine, I do complain, so what? If I paint with broad strokes, I'm sorry it offends you.

When I get ripped off or I believe an entity doesn't act with Integrity, I don't PATRONIZE them with my dollars. That's really all I'm sayin.
Chuck, just stay the "Fudd."
Old 03-02-2014, 01:37 PM
Dave

Yeah, this is no shocker, but at least somebody is actually covering it. If it goes anywhere, I'd be surprised, but pleasantly so.

I don't know how many calls I've fielded from people "I picked up a signed Muhammad Ali display piece in a charity auction, cruise ship auction, casino gift shop, etc...., etc.., etc.........how much is it worth, and what would you give me for it".

It's already a red flag for me, and then they tell me........."but it has a COA from one of the usual suspects".

I really hate to give out bad news, and I try to be civil, but people hate to hear they've been duped, and I usually think they're more upset at me, then they are the people that duped them. "But the COA..........." I hear a lot of.