NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-10-2017, 11:13 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

It's a lot easier to do what you are saying.. buy and sell and then buy what I want. That's what everyone does. I am trying to only trade. Dealing with only the cards I'm dealt. That is more entertaining and a. Ore difficult task imo
Old 04-10-2017, 11:17 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
It's a lot easier to do what you are saying.. buy and sell and then buy what I want. That's what everyone does. I am trying to only trade. Dealing with only the cards I'm dealt. That is more entertaining and a. Ore difficult task imo
Its more difficult to upgrade a collection by making fair deals at the time and trying to figure out the future market on the card versus getting charity.

If someone wants to downgrade a card for your card then they will want you to come up with cash to make up the difference unless its just charity.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Its more difficult to upgrade a collection by making fair deals at the time and trying to figure out the future market on the card versus getting charity.

If someone wants to downgrade a card for your card then they will want you to come up with cash to make up the difference unless its just charity.

It's not charity. There is no such thing as a "fair trade" sure in a vacuum things can be fair but with the every changing market what's fair today may not be to
Oreos. That being said, I'm not looking for ANY charity. If someone is willing to make a deal they are doing it because they believe it meets their needs too. Obviously you would not be a good partner for what I am trying to achieve. I know if I had a card with 10 and I didn't want it, and someone had a card worth 8... of my card wasn't as liquid, I'd have no problem making a swap knowing I got rid of a tough sell and got what I want. Not trying to convince you. There's no one sayi we have to trade.
Old 04-10-2017, 06:56 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post

I think it may be inartfully expressed ITT, but as a dealer I trade for profit all the time. It certainly should be doable. Maybe he shouldn't tell people he wants them to trade down, it comes across as vaguely insulting. Instead just offer the very nice Wajo up for trade and work hard at getting an offer that works for the goal without basically telling people you are out to get the better of them. Obviously when trading with a dealer people expect to lose some value, but I don't rub their noses in it.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 04-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Leon, I know I am a grumpy old man, but this thread is worst case of group mass mental masturbation I have ever seen and does not belong on Net 54. Your call.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:30 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Leon, I know I am a grumpy old man, but this thread is worst case of group mass mental masturbation I have ever seen and does not belong on Net 54. Your call.

That's just mean lol

Last edited by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE; 04-10-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Ben North

If you complete the trade with Tony I have this offer. I would trade the card pictured for the 4 common T205 cards I PMed you about earlier and the Pete Rose/Ron Santo single signed baseballs from the trade with Tony.

This is the 5th card Beckett ever graded and a great piece of Beckett history. It is from the companies internal test run of 10 cards before any cards were graded for the public. This is super cool/special because it is a card of Jim Beckett III the founder of Beckett. From my understanding 3 of the 10 original cards graded are the Jim Beckett III Topps Stadium of Stars cards.

As far as value, I value it the same as 4 common T205's and 2 single signed baseballs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Beckett0005F.jpg (76.5 KB, 1103 views)
File Type: jpg Beckett0005B.jpg (71.4 KB, 1108 views)
Old 04-10-2017, 08:50 PM
J@son C@rter

Default CU Thread

Here is the thread from the CU board that has been mentioned:

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...-1933-goude/p1

He took an entirely different approach, rather than just trading up.

^Also, I am glad to see that BGS graded one of the subgrades accurately(Corners-4).
Old 04-11-2017, 08:06 AM
Kyle May

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If you complete the trade with Tony I have this offer. I would trade the card pictured for the 4 common T205 cards I PMed you about earlier and the Pete Rose/Ron Santo single signed baseballs from the trade with Tony.

This is the 5th card Beckett ever graded and a great piece of Beckett history. It is from the companies internal test run of 10 cards before any cards were graded for the public. This is super cool/special because it is a card of Jim Beckett III the founder of Beckett. From my understanding 3 of the 10 original cards graded are the Jim Beckett III Topps Stadium of Stars cards.

As far as value, I value it the same as 4 common T205's and 2 single signed baseballs.
This is an error card, to boot.

Van West, OH, doesn't exist. Van Wert, OH, does. How does Beckett, screw up Beckett's card?

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 04-11-2017, 07:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I disagree. It isn't hurting anyone, I don't think? Why not have some fun? If anyone doesn't like the thread they don't have to click it.

Quote:
Old 04-11-2017, 07:23 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

I have 4 possible trades in the works! Let's see what happens!!
Old 04-11-2017, 07:30 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I disagree. It isn't hurting anyone, I don't think? Why not have some fun? If anyone doesn't like the thread they don't have to click it.
Agree.
These types of threads help educate me about negotiating/trading, and the psychology behind it.
It also helps me learn which members to steer clear of in the future.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:51 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

I think this is a fun, harmless (so far) thread. I like the potential here and I don't understand why anyone needs to post anything negative.

Good luck with your journey!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:21 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Quote:
After finally getting well-needed rest, I reread this threat and realized that I sounded like the 'Grinch that Stole Xmas.' I think the idea of a Trade Up adventure is terrific, particular for a vison quest card like a T'52 Mantle. But I guess I was thinking that the main board should be reserved for more weighty hobby issues. God knows in a new post-Mastro era we have enough.
Leon, would it be possible to establish a trade link for T/U next to B/S/T?
John
Old 04-12-2017, 01:47 PM
pete ullman

i wish you the best in your endeavor...I kinda remember some newbie...eager beaver trying to do the same for a wagner...that obviously did not happen!!!!

best of luck to you though!
Old 04-12-2017, 01:55 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
i wish you the best in your endeavor...I kinda remember some newbie...eager beaver trying to do the same for a wagner...that obviously did not happen!!!!

best of luck to you though!
Thanks a lot!
Old 04-13-2017, 07:10 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Ok here is what I have to work with....

T206 Bender, no trees, psa 4 HOF
T206 McGraw, at hip, psa 3 HOF SOLD
T206 McGraw, port w/cap psa 2 HOF SOLD
T206 McGraw, finger air, psa2 HOF
T206 Kelly, psa3 HOF
T206 Chase, pink, psa3 SOLD
T206 Pelty, vert, psa 4.5
T206 McEvlveen, bvg 4
kicker - a very nice raw NM range 62 topps Mays AS card

I will take scans as soon as they come in tomorrow.

Who wants to make a trade for the remaining cards? They are for sale too just come with a strong offer. Once these are gone I will turn them into 1 card and we will start over again! Let's go!
Old 04-10-2017, 11:29 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default A Problem Solver

1) Start with a 69 Mantle
Trade for a 68 Mantle
Then trade for a 67 Mantle
.....................................'
then trade for a 53 Mantle
and finally trade for a 52 Mantle.

2) Start a thread requesting 17 volunteers to participate in Step 1)

3) Complete 17 trades.

Problem solved.

I will accept your T205 WaJo in exchange for this advice.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-10-2017, 11:35 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Trade for a 68 Mantle

3) Complete 17 trades.

Problem solved.

Damn I wanted this to be fun but a few people who have already posted on here rain on most of my threads. It's okay. Offer up. Not looking for charity. If you want the card and wanna unload something it'll be easy.

Here's an example.

Yesterday at the show . I had a binder of 80 low grade star cards with a trade in value of maybe 75. Traded 5 cards for a 54 ex oc billly Martin.

Then traded the Martin and rest of the binder for a 66 mantle VG raw (he had triples)

Then traded that mantle for a 55 banks raw ex and 66 Koufax raw ex (he needed a mantle)

Then finally traded that for a psa 5 maris RC. (He had 2)

Trades don't have to be fair if they make sense. That's my point.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:08 PM
Paul

Quote:
Trades don't have to be fair if they make sense.
Best quote ever. Belongs in a fortune cookie!

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 04-10-2017, 12:14 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Damn I wanted this to be fun but a few people who have already posted on here rain on most of my threads. It's okay. Offer up. Not looking for charity. If you want the card and wanna unload something it'll be easy.

Here's an example.

Yesterday at the show . I had a binder of 80 low grade star cards with a trade in value of maybe 75. Traded 5 cards for a 54 ex oc billly Martin.

Then traded the Martin and rest of the binder for a 66 mantle VG raw (he had triples)

Then traded that mantle for a 55 banks raw ex and 66 Koufax raw ex (he needed a mantle)

Then finally traded that for a psa 5 maris RC. (He had 2)

Trades don't have to be fair if they make sense. That's my point.
Two things that differ from your example and what you did in your original post:
1) I am sure you didn't go to each person telling them you are willing to trade for anything as long as it was "Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

2) You worked in quantities as many people suggested over attempting a 1:1 trade.

There are several times I have traded and was the benefactor of the better end, but I didn't go into it telling the other person that was my objective and they should keep that in mind before attempting the trade. Also I am sure I have been on the other side where I left something on the table, but again that other person didn't leave me feeling like I got the worse end of the deal.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:21 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
Two things that differ from your example and what you did in your original post:
1) I am sure you didn't go to each person telling them you are willing to trade for anything as long as it was "Just something I can trade that is worth more than what I am offering here."

2) You worked in quantities as many people suggested over attempting a 1:1 trade.

There are several times I have traded and was the benefactor of the better end, but I didn't go into it telling the other person that was my objective and they should keep that in mind before attempting the trade. Also I am sure I have been on the other side where I left something on the table, but again that other person didn't leave me feeling like I got the worse end of the deal.

lol I actually did. I was forth coming. I said hey I have this mantle I will take whatever you want to get rid of that you don't think you can move easily as long as it's worth more than this mantle. Dealers actually said they liked the fact I wasn't wasting their time and we worked together to find a card they didn't mind getting rid of. Trade don't have to be fair if they make sense.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:23 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by autograf View Post
I hate to be "that guy" but isn't it WaJo? And that is a really pretty WaJo or WoJo depending on the answer to this. Good luck on the 52 Mantle quest. I need one for my set.............
THANKS A LOT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Best quote ever. Belongs in a fortune cookie!
Right? I have to explain this to my fantasy baseball league mates constantly.

It's like ok you need steals and I need homers. I'll trade you my (let's say this was 2010) Jose Reyes for your pujols. They are always like ok but you need to throw in some power. lol a trade will never be 100% equal.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:06 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Trade for a 68 Mantle

3) Complete 17 trades.

Problem solved.

I really like that idea Frank. During the quest you would have owned a complete Topps Mantle run. Stephen could use the T205 WoJo, The 2000 WS bullpen home plate, and the 1952 Topps Mays as his starting point.
Old 04-10-2017, 12:11 PM
Tom Boblitt

I hate to be "that guy" but isn't it WaJo? And that is a really pretty WaJo or WoJo depending on the answer to this. Good luck on the 52 Mantle quest. I need one for my set.............