NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-25-2022, 10:01 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by markf31 View Post
Or you can ignore the specifics in my post that detailed that I as a bidder had no opportunity at all to place any bids in any extended bidding session(s). That's the bottom line.

At 12:04 the first comment was posted here on Net54 that the auction site was slow or not responsive for people, this was when I was trying to place bids during the extended time. But I was never able to gain access again to the auction after 12:04 EST, not once, despite several attempts even when users were posting here that they had access and could bid. And I am sure I was not the only one.

Sorry this is costing you, but its obvious that not all bidders had the same opportunities in extended bidding beyond 12:03 EST. If the auction had continued as intended, you cannot possibly make assurances that no one would have placed additional bids on auctions you were winning between 12:04 and 12:10 EST.

It sucks all around to be sure.
Right, the servers went down just as the 10 minute per lot rule went into effect. So the fair (honest) solution would be for tonight, at 9:00 EST, the auction resumes at that point, with the 10 minute per lot rule in effect. Then you, and everyone who couldn't get their final bids in, would have their chance.

Suppose you're playing hockey and your team is ahead with 10 minutes left in the game. Some clown throws a fish onto the ice and pauses the game. What is the fair (and honest) way to deal with it? Most, if not all of us, would agree, you remove the fish, clean up the ice (in other words, deal with the problem,) and then reset the clock to right before the fish hit the ice. Right? I mean, that's obvious isn't it?

But what REA did is that, plus added an entire additional day to the auction, just to be sure the other team had ample time to score, again and again.

Which benefits them, to the detriment of honesty and fair play.
Old 04-25-2022, 12:05 PM
mªttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Right, the servers went down just as the 10 minute per lot rule went into effect. So the fair (honest) solution would be for tonight, at 9:00 EST, the auction resumes at that point, with the 10 minute per lot rule in effect. Then you, and everyone who couldn't get their final bids in, would have their chance.

Suppose you're playing hockey and your team is ahead with 10 minutes left in the game. Some clown throws a fish onto the ice and pauses the game. What is the fair (and honest) way to deal with it? Most, if not all of us, would agree, you remove the fish, clean up the ice (in other words, deal with the problem,) and then reset the clock to right before the fish hit the ice. Right? I mean, that's obvious isn't it?

But what REA did is that, plus added an entire additional day to the auction, just to be sure the other team had ample time to score, again and again.

Which benefits them, to the detriment of honesty and fair play.
I agree 100%. What I found especially odd is that, on one lot in particular, I had the high bid for the entirely of the extended time and half of the ten-minute extension. The moment they went back online again, the high bid showing was 20% higher than my previous high bid. How did that happen?

I'm tempted to bid some more, but the whole situation has given me second thoughts.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry
Old 04-25-2022, 12:25 PM

Just curious. Has anyone today had internet connectivity issues and-not necessarily meaning this is connected to REA-previously bidding in the auction?
Old 04-25-2022, 01:09 PM
pete ullman

I've noticed no change since the day began...no difference in my consignments...no difference in my bids...although i was outbid on some items overnight.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:07 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Once an item I was up on and the system crashed, once up again I was not ahead anymore. Nice card but not worth 50% over VCP.
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 04-25-2022, 02:38 PM
Vincent Hecksel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I've noticed no change since the day began...no difference in my consignments...no difference in my bids...although i was outbid on some items overnight.
Almost seems like REA has frozen time until 9PM tonight; then the gates opens . . .
Old 04-25-2022, 05:24 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Van Horn View Post
Just curious. Has anyone today had internet connectivity issues and-not necessarily meaning this is connected to REA-previously bidding in the auction?
My internet & tv were down 3 pm until. 7 pm today xfinity.

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 04-25-2022, 05:30 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Can we all stop complaining please come the next auction people will completely forget about this it’ll be an afterthought. REA is one of the best AH’s out there, things happen, they’re doing the best they can with the outage.

People are getting so bent out of shape there will be more auctions more cards just be patient. Good things will come.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:36 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Can we all stop complaining please come the next auction people will completely forget about this it’ll be an afterthought. REA is one of the best AH’s out there, things happen, they’re doing the best they can with the outage.

People are getting so bent out of shape there will be more auctions more cards just be patient. Good things will come.
Avoidable issue. Not the first time it has happened. I think that’s why people are upset.
Old 04-25-2022, 05:37 PM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Avoidable issue. Not the first time it has happened. I think that’s why people are upset.
But do they really care ? I would say no they don’t because you can see above they still want the cards if they have a card that they want they’re going to bid they could care less about what happened last night they want the card. The card trumps all past behavior and past issues are what they are they are, the past, if the card is here now they’re going to bid and they’re going to do what it takes 9x out of 10 to win it. That’s why the complaining is kind of like whatever to me

Last edited by Johnny630; 04-25-2022 at 05:42 PM.