NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-09-2022, 10:59 PM

Default Sanella Margrine

Hi all: Curious if anyone knows about the 1932 Olympics book titled Handbuch des Sports which means Handbook of Sports. I bought one about a year ago and it has around 100 stickers in it of a lot of the participants that were in this Olympic event. Since the Olympics were in Los Angles that year it happened that it has a beautiful sticker of Babe Ruth as well.
I've seen psa and sgc have been grading these and have seen grade Authentic all the way up to 8.5 so far. The problem is to get it graded you must get the sticker off of the book as it is glued in. I have also seen damaged to the book and of the sticker as the back has printing on it and will stay on the page or just make a mess out of the sticker. I've call book restoration place but nobody will touch it.
I have seen a lot of them come through and this is certainly a very unique book and it is all if German printing. I wanted to keep the book initially but It came here and has a very limited amount of them out there.
So my question is does anyone have any knowledge of how to get the stickers of of the pages? They are also very thin and could easily tare.
thank you
Old 12-09-2022, 11:43 PM
Rocky Rockwell

Default good luck

Depends on the glue used...... about half the time the cards fall off within one minute of soaking in hot water, half the time they are stuck for good and cant be removed without back damage. If they arent off in 5 minutes you are out of luck. Either way, the cards themselves are water resistant and the colors dont fade with soaking. be careful drying them, thats another whole process which is described elsewheres at length in other threads here...... let us know what happens!!! Rocky PS DO NOT TUG NO MATTER WHAT
Old 12-10-2022, 10:53 AM

Just to point out that the Sanella 'cards' are not stickers as mentioned in the OP, but fairly thin paper. I imagine it is a delicate operation to remove from the books since they are so thin, but you do see them out there that have been removed, so I guess it is possible.

Good luck if you try to remove them yourself...definitely try on one of the many commons in the set first.

Brian
Old 12-10-2022, 11:15 AM
Dave

It's been a long time since I've done it (maybe 15-20 years), but I've soaked several German Olympic Card Albums from that era, and it usually didn't take much more then a bathtub and warm water to get them out. Sometimes they'll just detach themselves and float away from the paper they are stuck to.

I doubt you'll get a 7 or 8 that way. A lot of these were floating around in their original packets and never got stuck in the albums.

If you are keeping it for yourself and not for resale, I would just keep them in the book. They are very nice display items on their own.