NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-14-2024, 06:47 AM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Thank you, I'm sure their legal team may or may not agree.

Which is truly the bottom line...for them.

Regardless of the opinions of the Supreme Court of message boards.
Do you not offer your opinion on many topics throughout this forum? I hope it was at the advice of counsel or LE because on its face it seems like such a bad move. I believe the head of the AH is permanently enjoined from make false misrepresentations in connection with the sale of goods and services so there would have to be cover on that front.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
That’s exactly what they should have done, Bottom Line…you nailed it.
As soon as ya'll run a major auction company, you can do whatever it is you like. It's so easy.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:51 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carter08 View Post
Do you not offer your opinion on many topics throughout this forum? I hope it was at the advice of counsel or LE because on its face it seems like such a bad move. I believe the head of the AH is permanently enjoined from make false misrepresentations in connection with the sale of goods and services so there would have to be cover on that front.
Well an education probably would have taught you there is fact vs opinion. "The bottom line" may or may not be related to a million dollar loss to an auction house or the upsetting the Supreme Court. You decide, but I couldn't sustain a loss like that.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-14-2024, 08:05 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Well an education probably would have taught you there is fact vs opinion. "The bottom line" may or may not be related to a million dollar loss to an auction house or the upsetting the Supreme Court. You decide, but I couldn't sustain a loss like that.
Education obviously means little most of the time. I personally love the few posters that like to post their opinion like it is a fact and then argue it is a fact like their life depends on it. It is quit entertaining if you can get past how silly it is.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:06 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Education obviously means little most of the time. I personally love the few posters that like to post their opinion like it is a fact and then argue it is a fact like their life depends on it. It is quit entertaining if you can get past how silly it is.
Certainly makes a case to NOT use the ignore feature

Old 05-14-2024, 08:09 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
How many times does this need to be repeated!!!????

It was a Best Western Plus!!!

Not just any old ratty Best Western.

HUGE DIFFERENCE. Get it straight, people.

Methinks they should've used a Motel 6. They would have at least left the lights on....
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:26 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

What specific claim to fact by the people who are not fans of the fraudulent auction is even being objected to?
Old 05-14-2024, 09:21 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
I think few, if any, people would've had an issue with that.

Nobody would say, "Wait! They should've deceived all their bidders so they could see what people would've been willing to pay, for purposes of filing their insurance claim."
As a consignor, even if I didn't have one of the 54 stolen lots, I'd be pissed. It would leave a massive negative impression on the entire auction. I've said it before I think pulling that many key lots actually HURTS the remaining lots.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 05-14-2024, 09:21 AM
Johnny MaZilli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As soon as ya'll run a major auction company, you can do whatever it is you like. It's so easy.
Correct integrity goes a long way :-)
Old 05-14-2024, 10:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
As a consignor, even if I didn't have one of the 54 stolen lots, I'd be pissed. It would leave a massive negative impression on the entire auction. I've said it before I think pulling that many key lots actually HURTS the remaining lots.
Either continue the auction or end the whole thing. Just pulling the stolen lots would have been a terrible idea.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:35 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Either continue the auction or end the whole thing. Just pulling the stolen lots would have been a terrible idea.
I agree.

I honestly don't know what I would've done in a similar situation. It's just not as black and white as people want it to be.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 05-14-2024, 11:54 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
It needs a guy with a stick hitting the horse.
It does, but I dont have the photoshop skills.
I mentioned we needed a thing of a dead horse jumping a shark and suprisingly got exactly that.

I'm quite happy with it as-is.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:03 PM
Ton.y Be.ll

A few observations
- Memory Lane (possibly other AH's) needs to take into consideration some points good and bad that have been made in these posts
- ML I believe was in a Catch 22 as evidenced by some that agree with what they did and some that are calling the auction fraudulent
- I tend to think if I was in the position ML was in I would at the very least notify the bidders of the stolen items halted bidding and/or pulled the items but I'm not and I don't know everything the ML higher ups know so this is just an observation from the outside
- Notification and pulling the cards would have at least allow bidders to go after some other items with their available funds and when the cards are located then they can be put up for auction when in ML hands
- While I don't agree that they kept the auction going for the stolen items without any notification to the bidders I plan to place bids with them in the future if they have items I am interested in
- I was a bidder and winner in this last auction and I don't feel like ML committed fraud on me but my items were not some of the stolen property at least that I know of...

Glad we have this forum where we can agree, disagree and discuss collecting baseball cards!

Quote:
I agree.

I honestly don't know what I would've done in a similar situation. It's just not as black and white as people want it to be.

Collecting:
1909-1911 T206 Southern Leaguers (Alabama)
1914 Cracker Jack Set (91 out of 145)
Old 05-14-2024, 02:43 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Good news is

MEMORY LANE IS ACCEPTING SUMMER CONSIGNMENTS!!

Anyone know their shipping address for Fed ex??

Wha (sic) too soon?

Old 05-14-2024, 02:58 PM
Ma.tt Lan.dry

Just drop your collection off at the local BW and they will arrange pick up in 3 days.

Quote:
Good news is

MEMORY LANE IS ACCEPTING SUMMER CONSIGNMENTS!!

Anyone know their shipping address for Fed ex??

Wha (sic) too soon?
Old 05-14-2024, 03:16 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

I don't want to be talking out of school, but my friend is a Realtor in Texas and she just got a new client...who coincidentally enough is a chambermaid at a certain Best Western Plus hotel. Her current residence is the top picture, but just made an all cash offer on the bottom property. Hmmm...

housemansionauctioncardstheft.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:17 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
So, deceive bidders to benefit the consigners?

Suppose a bidder on a stolen lot called with some questions about it. Like, will you ship it out expedited so as to be presented as a birthday gift? Or, will you ship it UPS instead of Fedex, because my local Fedex driver is unreliable?

If you chose to continue the auction with the stolen lots, and you were on the phone with a bidder on some of those lots, would you basically lie directly to them, if it was necessary to continue the deceit? And I don't mean YOU, I mean the AH in this hypothetical.

Last edited by Mark17; 05-14-2024 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:56 PM
Peter Spaeth

One thing to consider that I hadn't really thought about, and I haven't read every post so maybe it's been discussed, is this: was it kosher for ML not to tell consignors for days that their cards had been stolen and were missing? To get Scott's take, would you feel comfortable not telling consignors, on the theory that you'd make them whole in the end anyhow?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:01 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
One thing to consider that I hadn't really thought about, and I haven't read every post so maybe it's been discussed, is this: was it kosher for ML not to tell consignors for days that their cards had been stolen and were missing? To get Scott's take, would you feel comfortable not telling consignors, on the theory that you'd make them whole in the end anyhow?
It seems like the side that is ok with running the fake auction has in mind establishing value from the results. If that was the purpose you can’t let the situation be known to consignors or anyone else or those results would be called even more into question. Pulling the items instead of running a fake auction would have allowed immediate communication with consignors.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
It seems like the side that is ok with running the fake auction has in mind establishing value from the results. If that was the purpose you can’t let the situation be known to consignors or anyone else or those results would be called even more into question. Pulling the items instead of running a fake auction would have allowed immediate communication with consignors.
Yes absolutely. If you continue the auction, you have to keep it from them. So is that OK?

Old 05-14-2024, 06:28 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Yes absolutely. If you continue the auction, you have to keep it from them. So is that OK?
I will say if like ML and my legal council, Insurance company, and the PoPo all told me to run the auction. I would run the auction. To me it really is that simple. For anyone who missed it several hundred posts ago one of the few people that actually know what they are talking about posted that was what happened.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:30 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Oh, what a tangled web we weave,
When first we practice to deceive!
Old 05-14-2024, 06:34 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
I will say if like ML and my legal council, Insurance company, and the PoPo all told me to run the auction. I would run the auction. To me it really is that simple. For anyone who missed it several hundred posts ago one of the few people that actually know what they are talking about posted that was what happened.
This means nothing. ML's legal team has one job: Do what's in their clients' best interest. Nobody here is saying ML didn't do what was in their best interest.

Question is, was it in the best interest of bidders and consigners? Was it ethical or right?
Old 05-14-2024, 06:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
This means nothing. ML's legal team has one job: Do what's in their clients' best interest. Nobody here is saying ML didn't do what was in their best interest.

Question is, was it in the best interest of bidders and consigners? Was it ethical or right?
Even without their legal team the insurance company and the POLICE said to run the auction. Would you seriously not do what they recommended?
Old 05-14-2024, 06:37 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
No one said they know this is what happened and it seems rather doubtful to many.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:39 PM
R0ck Cund.iff

The Energizer Bunny.....it keeps going....and going....and going....
Old 05-14-2024, 06:40 PM
Ben North

Quote:
No one said they know this is what happened and it seems rather doubtful to many.
Actually it was said that is what happened. It doesn't fit your opinion so you probably ignored it.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:41 PM
J@mes Nonk.es

Quote:
Actually it was said that is what happened. It doesn't fit your opinion so you probably ignored it.
Point me to it, please.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:41 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfootIsReal View Post
The Energizer Bunny.....it keeps going....and going....and going....
Sometimes it needs a little prod but yes it does.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:42 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Point me to it, please.
Start at post one. It is much less reading than going back from the here.
Old 05-14-2024, 06:46 PM

This is one of those threads (and there are not too many) that you just gotta say "WTF". beer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gif

Last edited by Jewish-collector; 05-14-2024 at 10:30 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:00 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:

Suppose a bidder on a stolen lot called with some questions about it. Like, will you ship it out expedited so as to be presented as a birthday gift? Or, will you ship it UPS instead of Fedex, because my local Fedex driver is unreliable?

If you chose to continue the auction with the stolen lots, and you were on the phone with a bidder on some of those lots, would you basically lie directly to them, if it was necessary to continue the deceit? And I don't mean YOU, I mean the AH in this hypothetical.
I get it, and obviously I'm talking in hypotheticals as well, when not talking completely out of my ass.

I just can't imagine ML doing this without advice of counsel and possibly law enforcement. So I would have to turn to them in the scenario you outlined.

My fiduciary duty is to my consignor, that does NOT allow me to operate in bad faith with my buyers using that duty as a cover. With that in mind that is why I feel very strongly that this decision wasn't made lightly, or even independently of advice from counsel or an outright request form law enforcement.

Old 05-14-2024, 07:05 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Sorry to keep copping out, but I would do what my attorney and law enforcement told me.

What would I LIKE to do? Tell the consignors immediately, give everyone the option to pull their items (or remaining items as the case may be) and if too many consignors wanted out because of the situation, cancel the auction, tell everyone what happened and rely on insurance to make my affected consignors whole and return the items if consignors didn't want to reschedule them. I simply don't know if that was a possibility.

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 05-14-2024 at 07:06 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:06 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
ad nauseam

With literally MILLIONS at stake you should have your head examined if you think they didn't ask insurance or legal what they should do.

Hence why the opinions of those making assumptions, who could not walk by, let alone purchase, millions of dollars in cards, don't matter.

Old 05-14-2024, 07:11 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The insurance angle was thrown out without being stated to be true but a possibility, then the side that wants to justify the fake auction latched onto it. It is obviously not the case. No one can produce a single example of an insurance plan, policy, demand, decision or communique telling a claimant they must host a fake auction to assign value in all of human history for a reason - this is not how it works. This angle is pretty obviously false.

I would be a little surprised if their attorneys would have directly advised a course of action that seems to violate California consumer law, but it's possible. 'Maybe the police asked them to' is probably the best of these three possible justifications as none of us disgusting filthy poors who should not have any right to post an opinion have access to that investigation, so I don't know why they latched onto this clear falsehood so hard when there were better avenues to take.

Any auction house that embraces the principle of hosting fake fraudulent auctions to deceive bidders should lose bidders, but of course they won't. Stuff dictates ethics and the complete lack thereof. Even if that means covering up a theft of consigners property from consigners, and hosting a fraudulent auction lying to all of their bidders. If someone was handling my property, and it was stolen, don't we think I have a right to know that? Well, we would in any other case but not this one because we have priorities here $$$$$$$$$$$. Any of us bothered by this have probably already made the decision to not do business with Memory Lane considering Cohen's conviction for fraud and resulting prison term (https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news...ing-activities).
Old 05-14-2024, 07:49 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Any auction house that embraces the principle of hosting fake fraudulent auctions to deceive bidders should lose bidders, but of course they won't. Stuff dictates ethics and the complete lack thereof. Even if that means covering up a theft of consigners property from consigners, and hosting a fraudulent auction lying to all of their bidders. If someone was handling my property, and it was stolen, don't we think I have a right to know that? Well, we would in any other case but not this one because we have priorities here $$$$$$$$$$$. Any of us bothered by this have probably already made the decision to not do business with Memory Lane considering Cohen's conviction for fraud and resulting prison term (https://www.ftc.gov/news-events/news...ing-activities).
I think if consignors were notified ahead of time, it would have been a bigger issue. I’m curious as to the bidding patterns of the stolen items. Was a house account set up to bid and win back. From all my reading only a few people knew about the heist before the auction closed. Plus, how’s the investigation going on this, as it’s been a month now.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Who knew about it before the closing and where did you read that?

Old 05-14-2024, 07:54 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
I think if consignors were notified ahead of time, it would have been a bigger issue. I’m curious as to the bidding patterns of the stolen items. Was a house account set up to bid and win back. From all my reading only a few people knew about the heist before the auction closed. Plus, how’s the investigation going on this, as it’s been a month now.
A 'bigger issue' in the sense that it might hurt the money train for some people?

I am hard pressed to think of any example where lying to everyone and cover ups are the right path to take. I cannot think of a single one.

But then again, I do not know if I am rich enough to have an opinion or not, so this approach of 'hey maybe honesty is good' may need to be redacted.
Old 05-14-2024, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
The insurance angle was thrown out without being stated to be true but a possibility, then the side that wants to justify the fake auction latched onto it. It is obviously not the case. No one can produce a single example of an insurance plan, policy, demand, decision or communique telling a claimant they must host a fake auction to assign value in all of human history for a reason - this is not how it works. This angle is pretty obviously false.

I would be a little surprised if their attorneys would have directly advised a course of action that seems to violate California consumer law, but it's possible. 'Maybe the police asked them to' is probably the best of these three possible justifications as none of us disgusting filthy poors who should not have any right to post an opinion have access to that investigation, so I don't know why they latched onto this clear falsehood so hard when there were better avenues to take.

How did you find out about that artricle in the above link?
Old 05-14-2024, 08:01 PM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Who knew about it before the closing and where did you read that?
Some ML employees and didn’t someone have to alert the police a 2 million dollar box is missing?
Old 05-14-2024, 08:02 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Some ML employees and didn’t someone have to alert the police a 2 million dollar box is missing?
OK I thought you meant people outside ML, which I had not seen. I would presume when Joe showed up and the box was missing, he reported the theft.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2024 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:09 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:

Quote:
I get it, and obviously I'm talking in hypotheticals as well, when not talking completely out of my ass.

I just can't imagine ML doing this without advice of counsel and possibly law enforcement. So I would have to turn to them in the scenario you outlined.
So if your attorney recommended you lie directly to your bidders, you would follow that advice, in order to keep the phantom auction lots alive and not risk revealing the true situation?

Quote:
My fiduciary duty is to my consignor, that does NOT allow me to operate in bad faith with my buyers using that duty as a cover. With that in mind that is why I feel very strongly that this decision wasn't made lightly, or even independently of advice from counsel or an outright request form law enforcement.
Here you seem to be saying you would go against your attorney's advice, if it meant dealing with your buyers in bad faith.

Everyone who is simplifying this down to: "Do what your attorney says" is basically saying: "your attorney will advise according to your self-interest, so do that - do what is in your self interest. Then hide behind your attorney."

Stuff (and money) trumps all.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:12 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannequin1 View Post
How did you find out about that artricle in the above link?
I just searched "J.P. Cohen fraud conviction" for it to provide a contemporary source. It's not a new revelation, a lot of people just like to sweep it under the rug (PSA's board, at least, used to censor any mention of it and still might) because inconvenient facts do not serve their desired narrative. Memory Lane is run by a convicted fraudster who was sentenced to over three years in prison (I think he served 2, off memory) for wire fraud and mail fraud.

This thread would be very, very, very different if someone who was not Memory Lane or similarly popular with a certain crowd did the exact same act.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:34 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
So if your attorney recommended you lie directly to your bidders, you would follow that advice, in order to keep the phantom auction lots alive and not risk revealing the true situation?

Here you seem to be saying you would go against your attorney's advice, if it meant dealing with your buyers in bad faith.

Everyone who is simplifying this down to: "Do what your attorney says" is basically saying: "your attorney will advise according to your self-interest, so do that - do what is in your self interest. Then hide behind your attorney."

Stuff (and money) trumps all.
I think you have a flawed idea of an attorney's job. He isn't there to advise you to do what's in your best interest.

What if my best interest is to burn my business down to collect insurance? My attorney will tell me, hey, moron, that's a bad idea.

Attorneys on the board please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine your duty to your client involves giving them sound legal advice, not merely telling them what they want to hear.

Old 05-14-2024, 09:41 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
I think you have a flawed idea of an attorney's job. He isn't there to advise you to do what's in your best interest.

What if my best interest is to burn my business down to collect insurance? My attorney will tell me, hey, moron, that's a bad idea.

Attorneys on the board please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I imagine your duty to your client involves giving them sound legal advice, not merely telling them what they want to hear.
An attorney will not recommend illegal activity. But the attorney does represent the client and his interests. Also, we don't know how the consultation with the attorney(s) went down. It could've been the client saying, "Could I proceed this way?" And the attorney saying, "You could..." But that's all speculation.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:

I think you're posing a false either or. Obviously one would not advise a client to break a law in a clear-cut situation. But many situations calling for legal advice are not so simple and one would certainly need to understand and take into account a client's business objectives and the consequences of different options.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2024 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 10:04 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:

Strictly hypothetical Scott and I won't hold your feet to the fire, but what do you think the consignors would have decided re; keeping the auction going, if they had been made aware of the situation a day after it happened?
I have no idea at what point they were notified so this is just a thought experiment.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 05-14-2024, 11:19 PM
Chase

Quote:
I have no opinion on whether or not the auction should have continued. I can convince myself either way that either choice is valid but I think it is ok to not have told the consignors until the end of the auction. The consignors were selling their cards. I think letting the auction run was favoring them anyway.
Old 05-15-2024, 05:01 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
I think you're posing a false either or. Obviously one would not advise a client to break a law in a clear-cut situation. But many situations calling for legal advice are not so simple and one would certainly need to understand and take into account a client's business objectives and the consequences of different options.
It was an exaggeration to make a point, what are your thoughts on my last sentence, that was the serious one.

Old 05-15-2024, 05:03 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Strictly hypothetical Scott and I won't hold your feet to the fire, but what do you think the consignors would have decided re; keeping the auction going, if they had been made aware of the situation a day after it happened?
I have no idea at what point they were notified so this is just a thought experiment.
Let's put it this way, I'm not 100% but if I had been a consignor, my knee-jerk reaction, I would've wanted my stuff back, but I could've been talked out of that if presented with a compelling argument.