NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-10-2009, 05:33 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:39 PM

Thanks DJ, just 1 more deceitful move by Chan Scum. I am still waiting for the Sun Fish to chime in to say awwwww lets give him a 2nd chance.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
Patrick purchased a T206 era (almost certainly no card) MINT still sealed in rice paper Piedmont pack from me back in June of 2003. After the purchase, he emailed stating no card was inside and wanted a refund. Before I sold it him, I stated via email the price is based on no card inside. He made me write 7 day return in the Paypal money request notes. When it arrived, Patrick (stated his friend / cousin Fred) sent an email by accident in jest, claiming no card was inside, demanding a refund. It was all very strange and really upset me at the time. I told him NO and then he stated a friend / cousin 'Fred' accidentally sent the email when Patrick simply asked him to send an email confirm it arrived and was playing a trick on me. Needless to say, I kept the emails (with full headers). I was expecting a chargeback or who knows. My experience! This was the contact data:

ebay@patrick-chan.com
Patrick Chan
4000 Bayside Drive
Apt. #202
Palatine, IL 60074
I'm curious - was this a 10-count or a 12-count Piedmont pack? This is exactly why I still feel that 12 count packs with cards being pulled from them are creations. Rob did a great job in 2008 describing the possibilities as to how a card can be pulled from a 12 count. The thing that is clear, however, is that 12-counts weren't available until 1917.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:45 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Uncovered the mysteries of T206museum and OM black overprint backs

Jon:

This is what Jim R. & I were discussing. Wasn't it T206museum.com that started the claim that they found a T206 in a 12 count box? If so, we now know it was a lie the whole time.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:50 PM
David Ros.enberg

Last edited by DJR; 07-31-2016 at 09:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 05:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default been out most of the day

I have been away since I made the other post a "sticky" this morning. Here is my take on the events and my view.

1. I think Pat is a true psychopath. I think with every single word he speaks he is only setting himself up for the next scam he pulls. 100% BS on every word he writes or speaks.
2. He should be in jail.
3. Overprints aren't as easy to fake as once thought. The ones that have been caught recently testify to this. Barry was incorrect in saying there was more than 1 E94 fake overprint. To my knowledge there was 1 and I own it now.....and probably always will.
4. Pat should be in jail and I don't believe one word he says. (redundancy on purpose)

Last edited by Leon; 05-10-2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 PM

100% in LEON'S corner on this one folks!!!

We are dealing with a bottom feeder that Rob has patronized for God knows what reason

Chan is scum and should be arrested for what he did.

I am available in person to fly to Chicago for any indictment and I think we should STRONGLY persue the local authorities as the FBI obviously can't be bothered.

THIS IS BS

Dan MCKEE

Last edited by danmckee; 05-10-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:06 PM
Rich.ard Dwy.er

Default Uncovered the mysteries of T206museum and OM black overprint backs

Saw this:

http://forloveofthecards.blogspot.co...was-fraud.html
Old 05-10-2009, 06:14 PM

Very well put!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PATRICK CHAN AKA SLIME BALL SCUM BAG

Last edited by danmckee; 05-10-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Steven Finley

As someone who has only been collecting pre-war cards for a little over a year now, this really sucks. I can pick out the obvious fakes but when it comes to less common t and e cards I'm sometimes weary of raw and I stick to slabbed examples. Now I know there are people out there slabbing fakes just for shits and giggles. Yeah this guy belongs in jail and should be deported when he's released. Ridiculous.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Barry Sloate

Thought there were two E94 fake overprints. I stand corrected.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:56 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default BS

This so called apology is total BS. Sure, he is sorry now that he has been exposed. Charges need to filed. He needs to be in jail.

My guess is that more and more shady deals will be exposed as time goes on.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.