NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Frank Wakefield

Ted, truly great information. Insightful.

Can this similarity of printing be applied to earlier 350 press runs?

And Jim, you're right to thank those that forward information. As it trickles in the mozaic of the white border cards becomes more defined.

Frank W.
Old 04-07-2010, 10:53 PM
Barry Arnold

Default BL

amazing scholarly work, Ted, that has illuminated the darkest reaches of the Monster.
i'm sure that you are now at the top of its 10 Most Wanted List!!!
and most of the rest of the list lives on this board!

best,
barry
Old 04-07-2010, 11:40 PM
John
J0hn McD@niel

Well done Ted good read some good insight.

Not sure if anyone will be selling you BL460's for $10 bucks though..

Besides Jim offers $12.
Old 04-08-2010, 08:02 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Jim, Frank, Barry, and John

I really appreciate all your complimentary words here. They have engendered a great feeling in me. Some folks try to dazzle
you with their PSA8 graded cards....I'd rather dazzle you with some high-level research into the mystery's of BB card issues.

John W
I am upping the ante on this REWARD to $20 for CONFIRMED info on the 28 cards that I claim are BL 460 "NO-PRINTS". I am
quite confident that these 28 cards wont be found with BL 460 backs (simply because my research suggests that they were
never printed).

Hey guys, I may be proven wrong on this......and, I welcome that. However, I do not expect to go broke paying out Andrew
Jackson greenbacks.

Please note....I still think that there is a good probability that any (or all) of the following cards will eventually be found with
BL 460 backs....and, my offer stands to pay anyone $20 for the verification of any of these....."Elusive Eight".

Ames (hands over head)
Bender (no trees)
Chance (portrait-yellow)
Chase (portrait-blue)
Chase (dark cap)
Cobb (bat off shoulder)
Donlin (bat)
Doyle (bat)
Magee (bat)

Best regards to all of you,

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 01-14-2021 at 07:04 PM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:11 AM
Art Martineau

Default Re: Broad Leaf 460/Red Hindu/Uzit

Hello Ted,
Always enjoy reading your postings on the T206 back breakdowns.

I am confused by your BL460/Hindu red and AB460/Uzit patterns.

I show some cards in the 350/460 series that have been confirmed with multiples of these backs. For example:

Burch, fielding confirmed with BL460, Hindu Red, Lenox, Uzit.
Mullin, batting - my list shows I have seen this one with BL460, and have a Uzit.
Cobb, red - confirmed with BL460, Lenox, Uzit, and a PSA graded Hindu red.
Downey, batting - confirmed with BL460, Hindu Red, Lenox, Uzit.

Since we have no recorded front/back information until Bill Heitman began in 1980 we are still searching to confirm many of these possiblities. Every year we find some "new" combinations and add to these lists.

Art
Old 04-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Art M

Here is what my research indicates......

Cobb (red portrait)......
Indeed, I have listed this card with a BL 460 back......but, I have to disagree with you that it exists with either a Red HINDU
back or, a UZIT back. The PSA graded Red HINDU (the only one ever seen), that was in last year's auction, is very suspect.
And, none of the Six Super Prints (of which this Cobb is one) were printed with the UZIT back.

Downey (batting)......
Do you have this card with a UZIT back ? I've never seen this card with a UZIT back.

Mullin (batting)......
I have this card with AB 460 and UZIT backs. I've never seen this card with a BL460 back.

Burch (fielding)......
The only one of these 4 backs I have of this card is an AB 460. I know that the Super-Set indicates that BL 460, Red HINDU,
and UZIT have been seen. But, neither of these 3 backs have been confirmed by anyone.

The approx. 4800 inputs on the Super-Set (S-S) are 99.5 % accurate. However, I have been suspect of some of this data.
So, I have contacted about a dozen people who have inputted such data to the S-S; and, it turned out in 6 cases that their
inputs were mistaken.
I tell you this because I'm skeptical about the BL 460 and/or the Red HINDU backs regarding Burch. Can you positively verify
if Burch exists with a BL 460 and/or a Red HINDU ?

Perhaps, Burch is the one anomaly to my AB 460 / UZIT or BL 460 / Red HINDU pattern theory. At this point, I cannot tell from
the data that exists. I'm hoping you can clarify this subject ?

Best regards,

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 04-08-2010 at 11:29 AM.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default JP

Regarding your......

" I understand that you know which 26 different BL460s exist, and which 8 are likely to exist, but do you have any population
numbers (total graded and/or non-graded) on any of the known cards? "

I do not do POP reports, so I can't provide you any population #'s. Anyhow PSA #'s, for the most part, would be unrepresent-
ative. In 30 years of collecting T206's, I've seen at least one example of 20 of the 26 listed BL 460 cards.

In a about 5 cases, I have seen 2 examples. Perhaps, I might just start a survey here to see what kind of population exists
among the BL 460 cards.

TED Z