NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Yes, I bought those cards from you but lets hear the rest of the story. You bought the Namath card from a dealer on Ebay for 650 dollars and sent it to SGC only to realize it was trimmed. Thus you put it for sale on SGC and I bought it needing a rookie to get signed(trimmed didnt matter). You sold me the card for 400 and in turn went back to the Ebay seller and requested a refund. The Ebay seller gave you back 250 dollars to GO AWAY....Thus you were not out any money....The 54 Williams you bought from an Ebay seller(big raw card seller on Ebay.)for 1000+ sent to PSA to get graded and came back a 4...again you advertise on SGC and I agree to buy for 625. Later you admitted going back to the seller and getting a refund for a huge portion of the card and actually making money when adding it back to the amount I paid) You stated your grandmother died and your girlfriend was pregnant therefore you needed money FAST. I send you payment via paypal and you accept...Then 3 hours later you refund the money and say its not enough....Later that day you list it on Ebay for 750 buy it now and I buy it off ebay....I promptly pay as required by Ebay buy it now. Once you realize I bought the card you start saying Im not sending you the card.....Therefore I google your name and address to find out if you had done this to other people.

Your pattern is to buy HIGH and SELL low...Buy a card then resale to someone else while going back to the original seller and asking for a refund thus making a profit on the back end.

Example...buy off Ebay for 1000 sale to someone elso for 700 go back to original seller and get 400 refund not to leave a NEGATIVE...Thus making 100....This is the only explanation for your purchase habits.

You NEVER paid me $750 for the 54 williams. You paid me $625 for the williams. the original seller agreed to refund me $200 for the williams card because I told him that he mis-represented the card because he told me it was in EX condition and ended up grading a 4. he offered me money back so i wouldnt leave negative feedback. The seller is battlefield on ebay and anybody that has seen there auctions can agree that they over exaggerate on the condition of there raw cards which i later found out. And NO i didnt make any profit on any of the cards i sold you. You on the other hand bought my williams for 625 only to turn around and post on ebay for 1400 obo. So whats your problem? You made out..be happy and quit stalking me. You got your cards as our agreement. I sold them to you for way under book value. Now move on!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:13 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF View Post
You NEVER paid me $750 for the 54 williams. You paid me $625 for the williams. the original seller agreed to refund me $200 for the williams card because I told him that he mis-represented the card because he told me it was in EX condition and ended up grading a 4. he offered me money back so i wouldnt leave negative feedback. The seller is battlefield on ebay and anybody that has seen there auctions can agree that they over exaggerate on the condition of there raw cards which i later found out. And NO i didnt make any profit on any of the cards i sold you. You on the other hand bought my williams for 625 only to turn around and post on ebay for 1400 obo. So whats your problem? You made out..be happy and quit stalking me. You got your cards as our agreement. I sold them to you for way under book value. Now move on!
To me a card that is listed as EX and comes back VG-EX from a grading service isn't misrepresented. There's a reason you bought it raw, always anticipate a 1 grade degree of error either way. Anything lower that 1 grade should be considered misrepresented. Sounds like that was your mistake, and not the sellers. I think it's BS that you pulled that on the seller..
Old 01-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
To me a card that is listed as EX and comes back VG-EX from a grading service isn't misrepresented. There's a reason you bought it raw, always anticipate a 1 grade degree of error either way. Anything lower that 1 grade should be considered misrepresented. Sounds like that was your mistake, and not the sellers. I think it's BS that you pulled that on the seller..
He specifically told me it would grade a 5 or higher. When he told me ex i emailed him back and asked him if hes saying it would be a 5 and he said yes or higher. Yes it was my fault buying a raw card for that much without knowing for sure. Thats why I dont buy high dollar raw cards anymore unless I know the seller is reputable. I simply told the seller I wasnt happy with the grade and I noticed some issues with the card that didnt show up in the picture. He offered me a refund because he was concerned with negative feedback. I NEVER threatened him with negative feedback nor did i give him a ultimatum. That was between me and the seller.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:35 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyF View Post
He specifically told me it would grade a 5 or higher. When he told me ex i emailed him back and asked him if hes saying it would be a 5 and he said yes or higher. Yes it was my fault buying a raw card for that much without knowing for sure. Thats why I dont buy high dollar raw cards anymore unless I know the seller is reputable. I simply told the seller I wasnt happy with the grade and I noticed some issues with the card that didnt show up in the picture. He offered me a refund because he was concerned with negative feedback. I NEVER threatened him with negative feedback nor did i give him a ultimatum. That was between me and the seller.
Sounds good. If he guaranteed 5 or higher then that makes sense.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Sounds good. If he guaranteed 5 or higher then that makes sense.
Whats really BS is after selling Taxman my ted williams and after he received the card as promised and in the condition listed he gave me negative feedback on ebay. He even emailed me after he received the card to confirm he got it and it was to his liking. Not more than a week later he gives me negative feedback. BS!
Old 01-09-2012, 11:59 AM

I can tell the board that negative feedback was never mentioned by Joey or even a thought of mine during our conversations back and forth.

He has already left me positive feedback actually and I haven't even refunded him yet.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmckee View Post
I can tell the board that negative feedback was never mentioned by Joey or even a thought of mine during our conversations back and forth.

He has already left me positive feedback actually and I haven't even refunded him yet.
You have been more than helpful and probably the best level of customer service ive dealt with. thank you again for all your help
Old 01-09-2012, 11:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Sam1952

To me, at this point, this whole JoeyF issue is a lot of he-said she-said. No doubt there were things done that weren't cool. I don't think they rise to the authority level or the level of banishment (from what I have seen so far). Now, if I hear more BS from today forward, then that is a different issue and will be dealt with if it happens.

Back to the SAM1952 issue which is more serious. That person is now banned from Net54baseball as I have sent an email and just tried to call their contact number but it is an automated one that says they aren't taking messages. That person's name is supposedly Sam Wilson, but I have my doubts. I will be giving his registration contact info, IP address and anything else I have to the board member that is being threatened as well as the authorities. Real threats will be dealt with at the appropriate levels, and to me, that is not coming from a baseball chat board, it should be coming from people with the authority to put this person in jail, again, if what I have heard is true.
Old 01-09-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
To me, at this point, this whole JoeyF issue is a lot of he-said she-said. No doubt there were things done that weren't cool. I don't think they rise to the authority level or the level of banishment (from what I have seen so far). Now, if I hear more BS from today forward, then that is a different issue and will be dealt with if it happens.

Back to the SAM1952 issue which is more serious. That person is now banned from Net54baseball as I have sent an email and just tried to call their contact number but it is an automated one that says they aren't taking messages. That person's name is supposedly Sam Wilson, but I have my doubts. I will be giving his registration contact info, IP address and anything else I have to the board member that is being threatened as well as the authorities. Real threats will be dealt with at the appropriate levels, and to me, that is not coming from a baseball chat board, it should be coming from people with the authority to put this person in jail, again, if what I have heard is true.

please keep me update on this sam issue. id be curious to see what happens to him. I was not aware he was making threats and should be punished if theyre terrorist related. Thats a sensitive issues and should never be taken lightly. thanks again leon