NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-23-2012, 10:14 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default Christopher Morales and Jon scarborough of J.S. Sports Investments: PROXIBID ALERT!

Guys,

I was recently checking out some online memorabilia auctions that appeared on www.proxibid.com and noticed a great of items coming through with Morales and Jon scarborough of J.S. Sports Investments COA attached to them.

All coming from the same auction company, Easton Auction Company. It looks like they are setting up auctions each week peddling fake items...

Would love to hear your thoughts on some of the items...

Also, not sure if you have heard of Jon Scarborough or J.S. Sports Investments, but after doing a quick google search, it looks like the auction company has been fought time after time for refunds based on fakes.

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/catalog.asp?aid=47970

http://www.auctionzip.com/Listings/1399625.html
Old 03-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Christopher Williams

There's really nothing to think about. There is certainly a lot of junk over there, like this piece of garbage with a COA from CSC Collectibles (on Ebay's Banned COA list).

proxy-1.jpg

proxy-2.jpg

proxy-3.jpg
Old 03-23-2012, 11:21 AM
Steve Zarelli

It's a never-ending game of whack-a-mole.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:33 AM
Christopher Williams

And this ugly forgery "authenticated" by the man who calls himself a Forensic Investigator, Chris Morales.

proxy-4.jpg

proxy-5.jpg

proxy-6.jpg
Old 03-23-2012, 11:43 AM
Christopher Williams

Default Ted Taylor Mantle Mays Forgery Forgeries Stat Authentic

It would be remiss of me to not include Ted Taylor (Stat Authentic).

proxy-7.jpg

proxy-8.jpg

proxy-9.jpg
Old 03-23-2012, 11:51 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

It would be worth noting that "Proxibid" itself is just the auction platform software being used to run the auction, not the company responsible for the actual auction items themselves. There are plenty of good sellers that use Proxibid, as well as some shady ones (similar to eBay, though Proxibid is geared more towards live auctions).

From your question, it sounds like you already knew this, but the subject line could be misleading to those unfamiliar with Proxibid. So just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Totally understand what you are saying, but still think companies need to take some responsibility for being used as a front for some pretty blatant garbage...
Old 03-23-2012, 12:18 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
It would be worth noting that "Proxibid" itself is just the auction platform software being used to run the auction, not the company responsible for the actual auction items themselves. There are plenty of good sellers that use Proxibid, as well as some shady ones (similar to eBay, though Proxibid is geared more towards live auctions).

From your question, it sounds like you already knew this, but the subject line could be misleading to those unfamiliar with Proxibid. So just thought I'd throw that out there.
Lance, you are correct. There are authentic autographs on that site. The reason I posted some of the forgeries, is to point out, that crap certed by Morales, CSC Collectibles, Ted Taylor, etc., is all over the place, especially since that crap gets removed when listed on Ebay.
Old 03-23-2012, 12:53 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Default 1934 Tour of Japan ball....

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...75383#topoflot
Old 03-23-2012, 01:15 PM
keith janosky

All it is is another place to list the stuff from CC that people bought and found was fake and major auction houses and Ebay reject this stuff so it's another outlet to quickly dump the fake stuff without the buyer losing there money.

Last edited by keithsky; 03-23-2012 at 01:19 PM.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:16 PM
James Wymer

I responsibly sell on Proxibid and at times my auctions get less attention due to these "dream" or "fantasy" auctions. I side with Proxibid it would be impossible for them to authenticate everything that goes on, but I do believe that if they were made aware and things were proven to them they may remove that particular auctioneer. They really do seem to want to be a marketplace where people can feel comfortable shopping. However, it is the responsibility of the auctioneer to do his due diligence when making claims. I could not imagine putting up a Babe Ruth signed ball without any or little investigation.
Always accepting quality consignments