NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 05-11-2024, 11:34 PM
Jim M.arinari

Default Baffled for proper response to a shiny card question

I lasted with a complete scan, that can't capture an accurate image (Rainbow foil), So I included a cell snap for a better representation of the colors,

How do you answer buyer questions about "ANY UFO spittle" or "What does the surface look like?" Would I be able to take an acceptable image depicting what issues that they may be looking for?
Thanks!
Old Yesterday, 02:41 AM
Lüc@s Dëwėãšę

I'd tell them to look at the photos and condition you have it listed as. Sounds like some kind of bait and return tactic if you say it looks good, no issues etc, and then the buyer finds a miniscule thing that even a perfect photo won't pick up. They could return the card and use your message against you. Probably a fairly common tactic for psa 10 flippers, if they get it and can't say with 99% certainty it's getting a 10 and they could at best resell and break even or possibly be out grading fees and shipping. They will Instead just throw it right into the return pile and cost themselves nothing and you $10 for shipping both ways.

Maybe I'm just being a pessimist lol.

My Baseball Snapshot Photo collection- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/snapshotcollection

Original Type 1/Press photos etc for sale- https://imageevent.com/lucas00/photosforsale
Old Yesterday, 06:17 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
I'd tell them to look at the photos and condition you have it listed as. Sounds like some kind of bait and return tactic if you say it looks good, no issues etc, and then the buyer finds a miniscule thing that even a perfect photo won't pick up. They could return the card and use your message against you. Probably a fairly common tactic for psa 10 flippers, if they get it and can't say with 99% certainty it's getting a 10 and they could at best resell and break even or possibly be out grading fees and shipping. They will Instead just throw it right into the return pile and cost themselves nothing and you $10 for shipping both ways.

Maybe I'm just being a pessimist lol.
Pretty much had this exact thing happen recently only shipping cost was higher. It is probably wrong but I just block people that ask a lot of silly questions. Only worse crowd is the ones that actually send you shipping instructions.
Old Yesterday, 06:32 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Sell it on COMC instead.

But yes, have them refer to your photos or block them for asking those type of questions so they can't return and neg you.

A lot of sellers put something like "all cards are NM-MT or above" to show that they may have some surface flaws.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old Yesterday, 07:20 AM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Sell it on COMC instead.

But yes, have them refer to your photos or block them for asking those type of questions so they can't return and neg you.

A lot of sellers put something like "all cards are NM-MT or above" to show that they may have some surface flaws.
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old Yesterday, 05:20 PM
Jim M.arinari

Thanks guys!

I usually accommodate requests for more info/pics as best I can, I just didn't know how to answer this. But I never even considered that my answer could be used to justify a flipper return.
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
Thanks guys!

I usually accommodate requests for more info/pics as best I can, I just didn't know how to answer this. But I never even considered that my answer could be used to justify a flipper return.
Yep. And consider this:

If the flipper forces a return, how much care do you think they'll take when packaging the item to send it back to you? So, on top of everything else, you may get a damaged card.

One more thing:

If it were me, I'd block them and then reply to their message with, "please send me an image of UFO spittle, so I know what to look for."

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old Yesterday, 11:16 PM
Jim M.arinari

Lol, I didn't even respond to the UFO, guy just because. I blocked him. But the surface guy was cool, so i gave him my never-had-a-card-graded opinion. I ran down any defects I could find using a 10X calibrated loupe. My opinion was NM based on my old fogey system, but could be Mint if some of what I saw was "Normal" for that issue. Sent a couple of phone pics. He purchased 5 min later.
The other guy did not define UFO Artifacts in a timely manner