NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-30-2024, 05:53 PM
Eric Perry

Default OT: Greg Morris Marketplace

I've noticed that Greg Morris Marketplace is one of the Net54 advertisers. I have a few questions for those of you who have used their website:
  1. Is this the same Greg Morris who has thousands of cards listed on eBay?
  2. Are the cards on their marketplace the same as those on eBay? (i.e., will I just get redirected to an eBay listing?)
  3. Is their grading generally accurate?
  4. Are there any significant differences between using their website and buying from them on eBay?

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (190/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 04-30-2024, 05:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

https://www.net54baseball.com/showth...ht=marketplace

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 04-30-2024, 06:04 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Thanks, Peter.

It sounds like they didn't have the greatest start to this venture.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 05-01-2024, 10:35 AM
Seabr.en Re.eves

Will be interesting to see the impact their eBay listings and if this is test run for a pivot.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:49 AM
C0ry R0b!n$0n

Default Gmm

1. - Yes same Greg Morris
2. - No - I don't believe they are cross listed. I could be wrong here on fixed price listings, but near certain the auctions are not cross listed.
3. I can't really speak to grading accuracy - I focus on low grade t206's so if it looks good to me I buy it regardless of grade.
4. Buying for me has been very easy both on ebay and off. I only participated in the auction so far on their marketplace and got some great deals - likely due to the "kinks" mentioned in the prior linked thread. I very, very rarely win any greg morris auctions on ebay anymore - prices tend to go too high and I'm cheap. As far as I can tell they haven't had any t206's on their marketplace since the auction. One interesting thing is they combined shipping for $5 - and I won over 80 lots. I think they do the same on ebay though. Shipping is fast and secure from both.
Old 05-02-2024, 08:55 AM
J@mes In.gram

I have bought from Greg Morris in the past, not recently. I thought they were fine. No issues whatsoever.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***
Old 05-02-2024, 12:19 PM
Joh.n Spen.cer

Be careful what you say about them on the Board. Some time ago, I made a mild comment that I thought their grading standards had slipped a smidge and, as a result, I got banned from their auctions.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:15 PM

Default How ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Be careful what you say about them on the Board. Some time ago, I made a mild comment that I thought their grading standards had slipped a smidge and, as a result, I got banned from their auctions.
.. How could they know ? Where did you make the comment ?

Old 05-02-2024, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I've noticed that Greg Morris Marketplace is one of the Net54 advertisers. I have a few questions for those of you who have used their website:
  1. Is this the same Greg Morris who has thousands of cards listed on eBay?
  2. Are the cards on their marketplace the same as those on eBay? (i.e., will I just get redirected to an eBay listing?)
  3. Is their grading generally accurate?
  4. Are there any significant differences between using their website and buying from them on eBay?

Hey Eric,

I answered your questions in numerical order if this helps.

1. Yes this is the same Greg Morris that you see on eBay.
2. These are different cards and different listings from the cards we sell on eBay. We are trying out our new marketplace and building it as we go along. There is no intention but to see if we can create an auction style marketplace for everyone to use while we are still selling on eBay.
3. Grading is as accurate as we possibly can be. The same graders that grade for our eBay listing are the same graders used for the marketplace.
4. We are trying to build something that is tailored to the collector and as of right now the only big difference is that you can find some amazing deals on items we are auctioning bi-weekly.
Old 05-02-2024, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
Hey John,

I'm not aware of anyone ever being banned for criticism. If you give me your username, I'm happy to check for the reason and get back to you. We should be able to reverse the blocked account.
Old 05-02-2024, 04:17 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

yoda-reinstateme.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2024, 05:45 PM
Eric Perry

Thanks, everyone, for weighing in with your thoughts. I appreciate the info. I've made a few purchases from Greg Morris through eBay, and it looks like they're run by the same group of people, so I'll likely also be bidding on their marketplace.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra