NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Bob Lemke

Default Did you publish a card book in 2008-2009?

I'm going to be working up a "year in review" type presentation for the introduction of the 2011 Standard Catalog and would like to cite any recently published books on baseball cards.

If you've written or published anything in the last year or two, please respond here by giving me the title, date of publication, and, if available, the price and address for ordering.

Please don't be offended that I haven't got that data at hand, but I want to be sure I haven't missed anybody.

Link to my custom cards gallery:
http://tinyurl.com/customcards
Old 01-10-2010, 09:43 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Default The Photographic Baseball Cards of Goodwin & Co. (1886-1890)

Title: The Photographic Baseball Cards of Goodwin & Co. (1886-1890)

Published: Late 2008, first copies shipped January 2009

Authors: Jay Miller, Joe Gonsowski, Richard Masson (and many contributors from this forum and elsewhere)

Cost: ?? (Recently selling at $75)

Copy / Paste from recent thread:

It was noted that Amazon.com was out of copies but there are other ways to obtain the book including California Sportscards, sometimes eBay, or even from Richard Masson himself in a pinch. Here is one that ended a couple days ago, I'm sure another will be listed before long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Old-Judge-Photo-...item2c5274b239

California Sportscards:

http://www.californiasportscards.com...-p-324679.html
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Barry Arnold

Default pubs

Bob,
great work,as always.
don't forget to take a look at the list of Net54 pubs---just click on Vintage Links above, then click on Net54 collectors pubs.
i know there are important articles listed for your time frame and maybe a book or two.
best,
barry

Last edited by ethicsprof; 01-10-2010 at 11:32 AM.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:56 AM

The following book clearly is about photos, but has a fair amount of baseball card-related info, including postcards, cabinet cards, George Burke, Carl Horner cabinets, etc

Guide to Sports Photographs by David Rudd Cycleback (2008 Hamerweit Books)

The only thing is the book is going out of print before long, as all my photo books are being replaced by one general purpose photo book-- which will cover similar material but without the sports exclusive theme. There was duplication of material between books, and it seemed best to have just one. All my in print books (including the currently available sports book) are listed/linked at cycleback.com, and are available at amazon and barnes and noble. The sports photo book will be in print and availible for a while (the replacement book isn't finished and, even when finished, it takes a while before it comes to market), so it's not as if the Guide to Sports Photographs will disappear next week.

I am still a sports photographs fan, so the future 'unisex' book gives due coverage of sports. Off the top of my head, I know there are pictures and descriptions of a Joe Louis snapshot, Willie Mays wirephoto, a 1869 Cincinnati Reds CDV and the original art photo for a Exhibit boxing card. It's just the book will also pictures/descriptions of photos of Abe Lincoln, Clara Bow and Ronald Reagan.

Last edited by drc; 01-10-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-10-2010, 12:18 PM
ErikV

Default Re: Did you publish a card book in 2008-2009?

Bob,

In July, 2009 I published "Sweet Recollections: The Story of
the Philadelphia Caramel Company of Camden, New Jersey."
It sells for $15.40 (12.99 plus 2.41 for First Class Shipping.)

It can be previewed and purchased at www.PhiladelphiaCaramel.com.

ErikV
Old 01-10-2010, 01:03 PM
Robert Klevens

Default 2008-2009 Japanese Baseball Card Checklist & Price Guide 7th Edition

Title: 2008-2009 Japanese Baseball Card Checklist & Price Guide 7th Edition

Published: Mid 2008

Author: Gary Engel

Cost: $38.95 plus shipping available HERE

Old 01-10-2010, 01:48 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

My new 2010-20111 edition of my boxing card guide is available as of today:

I am pleased to offer the revised and expanded sixth edition of my book “America’s Great Boxing Cards”, a price guide, encyclopedia and checklist of American boxing cards. You may purchase the book direct from the publisher at Lulu.com:

http://www.lulu.com/content/paperbac...0-2011/8191994

The latest edition picks up where the other editions stopped. It contains all of the data that made the prior editions so useful, plus a ton of new research. I have added many sets of vintage boxing cards to the listings, further refined the existing listings and checklists, expanded the Canadian and Latin American issues sections (including some newly-discovered sets), added new materials to the exhibit card sections, and added a section on Panini boxing cards to begin coverage of these interesting cards from the golden era of heavyweights.

Active collectors will find this book is a necessity due to the price updates. You will find vastly expanded pricing reflecting actual results of Ebay sales, auctions and private sales, literally hundreds of new prices. I still refuse to make up prices based on extrapolations from other cards, like so many price guides out there. If the card did not transact in the grade listed, I do not put a price in the book for it.

I have added 10 pages in total to the book but held the price at the last edition’s pricing.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 01-10-2010, 04:15 PM

Hey Bob,

In 2009 I published the Centennial Edition of my ebook, Inside T206, which updates the 2006 version.

Address: www.oldcardboard.com or Google "Inside T206"

Price: Free (although I accept paypal donations).

Scot

Last edited by sreader3; 01-10-2010 at 04:19 PM.