NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2010, 12:24 PM
Chris

Default Help report fraud

I know there is a bogus card on ebay being sold as a original story almost every day but this guy has almost 30 fake cards being sold a originals and all you have to do is look at his feedback to see he bought a bunch of fakes:

http://shop.ebay.com/goroos/m.html?_..._from=&_ipg=50

There are over 9 days left on his items so if a few of us report them he might not make it to the end.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:29 PM
Rob Miller

"WOW, What a find!!! Going through my dad's old cards I found a lot of unbelievable stuff."

What a joke....
Old 12-17-2010, 12:31 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default location

I found it a bit ironic that he is from "Hope Valley" .....it would take a lot of hope for any of those cards to be real.....
Old 12-17-2010, 01:05 PM
M!ke S@il£r

Whatever happened to the Ebay account called "I_bid_on_reprint_cards" or something like that. That board member use to bid up many of these scams. It use to be better when the bidders ID wasn't hidden. It was a tremendous public service.
Old 12-17-2010, 04:03 PM
David Str@@te

Pops was a man of several eras. Kept a near mint stash of Jacksons, Ruths, Mantles, Robinsons, Banks, etc.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:15 PM

Default Sad

My family knows i like cards and i would feel horrible if someone was too get me a gift thinking they were giving me something really nice but only to have been ripped off. Its a problem with the hobby. I know its funny sometimes but there are people getting burnt and it scars them (no one likes getting ripped off), making people who could really contribute to our hobby not want to get involved with it.

It really ends up hurting us, because The value of our collections become more valuable as a result of the more popular our hobby becomes and the new blood collectors entering our hobby that appreciates our cards like we do.

just my 2cents and i too will contact ebay and ask to have the listing removed.
Old 12-17-2010, 07:47 PM
Bill Potter

Count me in. I will contact ebay also.
Wp
Old 12-17-2010, 08:11 PM
C.urt Sch.midg.@ll

Check out his feedback and you'll see he bought all of these reprints in early December from eBay user oldskoolbw
Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 PM
Bill Potter

Dig THIS crap from a listing
http://cgi.ebay.com/1954-Topps-Hank-...item3f05d204ee

Q: Are you 100 percent these old cards are authentic? Dec-17-10
A: I believe they are. My father is 72 and has gone into senior living. He decided to hand his collection down to our family. He kept all his things in great shape ( his cars, tools, card collection). Thanks for your interest.

What a scumbag!!

I have reported to ebay and hope others do likewise.
Wp

Last edited by sandmountainslim; 12-17-2010 at 08:32 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 08:23 AM
Bill Potter

It must have WORKED!

All of his auctions are gone now and all that are left are BIN's.

Maybe we did some good.
Wp
Old 12-18-2010, 09:18 AM

Yes, it worked - FOR NOW.

Keep a look out for those cards because I am SURE the scumbag will just get a new eBay name and try this crap again.

I am going to watch what goroos buys and then wait and see if those cards are listed for sale under a different name.

David

PS. What I do NOT understand is how this guy CONTINUES to be a Top Rated Seller, according to eBay. They caught him trying to commit FRAUD and instead of kicking him off eBay and alerting the police, they just remove his fraudulent listings and allow him to carry on like nothing happened.

Last edited by ctownboy; 12-18-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 11:35 AM
Chris

Great job! I wish ebay could have someone do this because there is no way we can keep up with all the b.s. auctions that are going on.
Old 12-18-2010, 01:43 PM
Frank Kealoha Ward

Cool, I reported them too... glad to see some results

PS. I used to write the scammer and contact bidders alot a few years ago..... but have been suspended 3 times doing it (auction interference).

I am starting to write these ripoff guys a bit more again, blunt as ever too!

Last edited by fkw; 12-18-2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old 12-18-2010, 02:10 PM
Isaac Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by fkw View Post
Cool, I reported them too... glad to see some results

PS. I used to write the scammer and contact bidders alot a few years ago..... but have been suspended 3 times doing it (auction interference).

I am starting to write these ripoff guys a bit more again, blunt as ever too!
After being on Net54 awhile, I can't believe this reprint business on Ebay. It is out of control.

Glad to see you all taking care of business!
Old 12-18-2010, 03:43 PM
Bill Potter

Now all of his listings are gone including the BIN's.

Either ebay shut him down or we pissed him off.
Wp
Old 12-18-2010, 05:38 PM

I don't know what happened but it still looks like he is an eBay member. I say this because when I go to his Feed back, it doesn't say that he is NARU'd (No Longer a Registered User).

That is too bad because it seems that when a seller is BLATANTLY trying to commit fraud that he shouuld not only be shut down but also kicked off and reported to the local authorities.

David
Old 12-18-2010, 05:42 PM
Isaac Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post
I don't know what happened but it still looks like he is an eBay member. I say this because when I go to his Feed back, it doesn't say that he is NARU'd (No Longer a Registered User).

That is too bad because it seems that when a seller is BLATANTLY trying to commit fraud that he shouuld not only be shut down but also kicked off and reported to the local authorities.

David
If blatantly selling fake cards doesn't get you in any trouble at all with Ebay, then what is the deterent to not continue?