NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-22-2013, 09:08 AM

Default AllSportsAuctions.com BIDDING HAS STARTED

HI EVERYONE!

Andy Sandler's AllSportsAuctions.com

http://allsportsauctions.com/catalog.aspx

is proud to announce BIDDING HAS STARTED for Auction #3 and will end Thursday August 29th.

Please take a look at all 360+ lots of VINTAGE sports memorabilia which includes PSA cards, Raw cards, 1880's Cabinet baseball cards, autographs, game used/game worn jerseys (Pro and college baseball, football and basketball), store model sports equipment, early sports hobby publications, Hartlands, felt pennants, B18 blankets, important tickets, programs, and pocket schedules, sports advertising, empty vintage Fleer and Topps display boxes, wire photos, media guides, tons of stuff from 1880 to 1920, college yearbooks with famous athletes in them, team yearbooks, media guides, etc. from ALL SPORTS!!!!

There is something for every BUDGET and COLLECTOR.

To participate, please REGISTER NOW (there is no cost) at

AllSportsAuctions.com or call (845) 331-8610

Thanks, Andy Sandler

Last edited by Leon; 08-22-2013 at 11:17 AM. Reason: added link
Old 08-22-2013, 09:15 AM
Ed McCollum

Default Wasn't this posted yesterday afternoon

and deleted almost immediately? Just curious.
Old 08-22-2013, 09:28 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckInOmaha View Post
and deleted almost immediately? Just curious.
Generally speaking only Advertisers are allowed to post an auction thread on the board front page. Andy and I spoke this morning and he will be advertising with us. As I told him, if all companies could just post their auctions at will then there would be no need to advertise. Andy is a great guy and I wish him all the best with this auction.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:03 AM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

Andy will need to avoid ridiculous hype and stick to facts if he wants his auction to be successful. The first 19th century piece I saw was a cabinet of Dick Johnston. To say "He should be in the Hall of Fame." is a joke. Stick to the facts Andy!
Old 08-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
Andy will need to avoid ridiculous hype and stick to facts if he wants his auction to be successful. The first 19th century piece I saw was a cabinet of Dick Johnston. To say "He should be in the Hall of Fame." is a joke. Stick to the facts Andy!
Thanks for pointing that one out, Jay. Absolutely gorgeous photo on the cabinet!! If I collected such things I would be a bidder. As for hype, I have seen much worse.
Old 08-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Val Kehl

I just took a quick look at the auction, and I must say that I am shocked that anyone would start an auction business without investing in a scanner - taking photos of BB cards at tilted angles just doesn't cut it for me!! Plus, no photos of the backs of the cards I looked at!! This is the sort of thing I expect to find, and frequently do find, on eBay! Sorry Andy, just tellin' it as I see it!
Val Kehl
Old 08-22-2013, 10:23 PM

Default For the cards, I need a scanner...

Hi Val!
I agree; you are right. For the cards, I need a scanner. For the next auction (#4) I will scan the cards. I did not have that many cards in the first two auctions and it has been difficult for me to avoid the glare and take good pictures with my digital camera.
I have a nice group of cards, this time, in Auction #3. Please take a look at those in the current auction as when I graded them, I tried to be as conservative as possible. Next time the pictures of cards will be sharper.
Thanks for the advice.
Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610
Old 08-22-2013, 10:28 PM
Rob

Default Dick Johnston

Here is a short bio of Johnston, noted for 2 strong seasons with Boston. His career was not long enough for him to be eligible for the HOF. Maybe Andy was thinking of a different player.

www.baseball-reference.com/bullpen/Dick_Johnston
Old 08-22-2013, 10:39 PM

Default Dick Johnston

I knew he was a good player that led the league in a few categories, and was an exceptional fielder, but from memory I thought his career stats were better. My perception was probably colored by the fact that he grew up ten minutes from me in Kingston, NY and is one of our all time great baseball player natives.
In Pro basketball, Kingston was once the champions of the world. In boxing, too, we have had many champions. For a small town in a rural area, Kingston has a great sports history!
Thanks for keeping me on my toes.
Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610
Old 08-23-2013, 05:13 AM
J0n Fu.ld

Andy, enjoyed our speaking at the National. Look forward to following your auctions, I signed up this week. Best J

Last edited by BigJJ; 08-23-2013 at 05:13 AM.
Old 08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
Rob

Andy, thanks for the reply and good luck with the auction. Johnston should definitely be in the Kingston Sports Hall of fame.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:55 AM

Default AllSportsAuctions.com Auction Ends Thursday Night

Hi Everyone!

There are still many BARGAINS left at

www.AllSportsAuctions.com

Please note that you must bid before 9PM EST on Thursday in order to bid after 9PM EST Thursday night so get your bids in now so you do not get shut out.

There is something for every BUDGET and every SPORTS COLLECTOR with 360+ VINTAGE lots!

I know you will see something that you will like!

Regards, Andy Sandler (845) 331-8610 andy@allsportsauctions.com
Old 08-29-2013, 08:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Hey Andy
Good luck with the auction ending this evening!!
Old 08-29-2013, 11:41 AM
H Murphy

just signed up and made a few bids, good luck with your undertaking.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:54 AM

Default Thanks Leon and Hugh!

Hi Leon and Hugh! I really appreciate your kind words and participation.
Regards, Andy (845) 331-8610 andy@allsportsauctions.com
Old 08-30-2013, 11:13 AM
H Murphy

Hello Andy, looks like I won 3 items but having a little trouble following my invoice. Thanx for the help. Murph