NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 09-18-2013, 05:56 AM

Default Jim Stinson Sports Vintage Autographs For Sale Now

Jim Stinson Sports is proud to present another sensational e-mail autograph update of Baseball autographs . All items are one of a kind and are available for sale NOW on a first come first served basis. E-Mail or call to reserve the items you want for your collection today. I accept Pay Pal, Master Card & Visa. Shipping is free. All autographs come with Jim Stinson Sports exclusive lifetime guarantee of authenticity. I have been a full time autograph dealer since 1982. Be sure to visit my web site & E-Bay auctions where recent acquisitions will be added daily see link to my sites in this e-mail.
AUTOGRAPHS HALL OF FAME RARITIES I
100) CASEY STENGEL & BILLY SOUTHWORTH HISTORIC 1919 NOTARIZED MORTGAGE DEED dated July 1919. Measures 8 1/2 x 14. Very early signature of Casey Stengel signed with his FULL name CHARLES DILLON STENGEL , witnessed by Hall of Fame member BILLY SOUTHWORTH who has signed "Wm H. Southworth" , earliest signatures of either Hall of Famer that I have ever offered. Also witnessed by player WALTER SCHMIDT (1916-25 Pirates and Cardinals, he died in 1973), Billy Southworth was a player from 1913-1929 but it was his accomplishments as manager that earned him a spot in the Baseball Hall of Fame while winning four pennants and two World Championships in 1942 & 1944 for the Cardinals, he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame 2008 over three decades after his death in 1969. Casey Stengel played from 1912-1925 in the major leagues but it was his 7 World Championships with the Yankees that earned him induction into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1966. He died in 1975. Comes with a letter of provenance from Casey Stengel's Grand Nephew. Amazing early document signed by two of the greatest Hall of Fame managers of all time. $650.00
101) ZACK "BUCK" WHEAT EIGHT PAGE VINTAGE HANDWRITTEN LETTER 1912 Unique over 100 years old written on the ornate letterhead of "The Arcade Hotel" in Springfield Ohio to his wife. Each page is written one to a side and is signed at the conclusion with his nickname "Buck" , But DOES sign within the body of the letter with his FULL name "Buck Wheat" Amazing baseball (and overall content) Dated April 1912 and written by a "then" 24 future Hall of Fame member. Comes with original mailing envelope also addressed in his hand. Reads in part "Honey it is snowing like the devil up here and we are working out at the gymnasium playing basketball and in door baseball to keep in condition but I am in just a good a condition as before was knocked out of game , all I need is a half a chew of tobacco and am ready to start the season. I had a good notion to get sauced last night on the joy water but you know it dosen;t take much to put me under the table so went to bed instead. It won;t be long before the season opens now just a few more days. This is the first time this old boy has fell for anyone and I'm glad its you because I love you Daisy. The fellows want me to go out with them but feel I can't do it , it don't seem possible. Too bad you didn;t get the ball I sent you, will send another one if you want me to you can have anything BUCK WHEAT HAS ! , Dear you don;t have to worry about "Billy" she is a thing of the past with me. You are a REAL girl and she isn;t and I couldn;t love her anyway she isn;t the kind of girl a fellow would really love. I Can't wait for October to get year and seems like ten years but I don;t want to wait that long. Must close this and get to the hay and for goodness sakes write quick...Your TROLLY DODGER with alot of kisses BUCK " Wheat played almost his entire career for the Brooklyn Dodgers 1909-1926 and briefly for the 1927 Athletics. Letter and envelope is in excellent condition except for normal letter creases. He led the league in batting and finished his career with a .317 lifetime batting average. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1959 and died in 1972. $550.00
102) JACKIE ROBINSON COMPLETE PERSONAL CHECK made out entirely in his own hand and dated 6/7/1959. Check is written to Magistrate Court as payment for a parking fine. Normal bank cancel stamps and perforations. There is a small light bank cancel stamp close to the top portion of the signature which is hardly noticible a fine Robinson check. An iconic figure not only in baseball but in American history. Comes with a certificate of authenticity from his wife Rachel stating that the signed check originated from his estate. He was the 1st African American in the major leagues playing for the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1947. He won "Rookie of the Year" honors that same season and won the "Most Valuable Player Award" in 1949. Inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1962 he died in 1972. $950.00
103) 1921 YANKEES DOCUMENT SIGNED BY JACOB RUPPERT , MIKE GAZELLA & PAUL KRICHELL One page document appears to be the signed page of Gazella's 1921 Players contract with the Yankees. Normally the players contract is four pages but the last page is missing. Measures 8 1/2 x 11 and is signed by historically significant members of what would become the 1927 "Murderers Row" Yankees team. Including Hall of Fame member team owner JACOB RUPPERT , MIKE GAZELLA (member of the 1927 Yankees team who also played for them in 1923, 1926-1928 this is the earliest known signature of Mike Gazella I have ever encountered, he died in 1978. Also signed by PAUL KRICHELL who played for the Browns in 1911-1912 but is best remembered as the Yankees scout who discovered Lou Gehrig. Not an easy autograph Krichell died in 1957. Also signed by someone named A.S. Jones as witness. An amazing piece of Yankees history. $550.00
104) MEL OTT AUTOGRAPHED 1940 NEW YORK GIANTS TEAM SHEET Measures 4x6 with fabulous bold signatures in fountain pen. Mel Ott has signed near the bottom of the page and could be removed for display. Also signed by CARL HUBBELL (Hall of Fame), BOB SEEDS, RED LYNN, GLEN STEWART, CLIFF MELTON, FRANK DeMAREE & KEN O'DEA (pencil). The reverse is signed in pencil by FRANK FRISCH (Hall of Fame), RUSS BAUERS, DICK LANAHAN, MACE BROWN, KEN HEINTELMAN, VINCE DIMAGGIO, VIRGIL DAVIS, JAKE FLOWERS, ELBIE FLETCHER. Mel Ott was the first player in the history of the National League to break the 500 homerun barrier closing out his sensational career with 511 round trippers. He led the league in home runs six times he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1951 and died in an auto accident in 1958. $450.00
105) MEL OTT 4x5 magazine photo signed in pencil on the light portion. Pictured shaking hands with what appears to be Burt Shotton. Signed by Ott only. Mel Ott was the first player in the history of the National League to break the 500 homerun barrier closing out his sensational career with 511 round trippers. He led the league in home runs six times he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1951 and died in an auto accident in 1958. $250.00
106) MAX CAREY SENSATIONAL THREE PAGE HANDWRITTEN LETTER 1912 WRITTEN TO HIS WIFE WITH AMAZING CONTENT PRIOR TO OPENING DAY IN ONLY HIS 3RD SEASON IN THE MAJOR LEAGUES All are individual pages written one to a side dated April 9TH 1912 on the ornate letterhead of "Hotel Henry Watterson" hotel in Louisville Kentucky. pages measure 6 x 9 1/2 written by a then aspiring Hall of Famer. Great baseball content and references to being on the road in the early days of baseball , reads in part "Hello Hon, Friend, Wife Ha !, Still in Louisiville its raining and it looks like we are snagged for a couple of days the opening game has been postphoned and if it clears up the season will open up Friday but it looks like it won;t , Mrs Camnitz asked where you were and I told her when you would come to Pittsburgh Tonight a bunch of us went to see a vaudeville show and it was good I think you would have liked it. Of course I haven't heard from home yet but I expect to when I get to Cinci if we ever get there , the floods have torn things up around here and it was awful around Terre Haute Gee ! how tomorrow is the 10th and then you slide in here and you are safe at home , well I can stand it easy. The time will go a little slow but you'll be with me soon or rather I'll be with you. I certainly miss my snugglin and kisses and you know...everything, but I'll appreciate it more when I see you again. I always feel like I haven't done something or forgot something but I guess its just you. Darling love and hundreds of kisses , Your loving hubby .."Skip" Normal letter folds. Have weakened on this letter which is over 100 years old and were mended on the reverse in a few portions with tape which is not visible from the front. Carey led the league in stolen bases 10 times ! His career 738 stolen bases is 9th highest in major league history. Played for the Pirates 1910-1926 and Brooklyn from 1926-29 he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1961 and died in 1976. $150.00
107) AL SIMMONS AUTOGRAPHED 1936 NATIONAL CHICLE FINE PEN POSTCARD PHOTO fountain pen signature on the light portion of the photo. measures 3 1/4 x 5 3/8. Very minor glue residue on reverse from where it was once attached to a page in a scrapbook. 1929 RBI leader while playing for the Athletics. Two time batting champion 1930 & 31. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1953 and died in 1956. $350.00
108) AL SIMMONS magazine photo measures 3 1/2 x 5 pictured following through in an at bat. Signed on the light portion in pencil. 1929 RBI leader while playing for the Athletics. Two time batting champion 1930 & 31. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1953 and died in 1956. $200.00
109) JIM "TINY" CHAPLIN AUTOGRAPHED SPORTING GOODS COMPANY DOCUMENT dated April April 30th, 1936. Chaplin signs giving his permisson to the "Goldsmith Sons Sporting Goods Company" to use his name in association with their advertising in exchange for free baseball glove. EXTREMELY RARE AUTOGRAPH ! Document measures 7 1/2 x 8. Chaplin played for the 1928, 1930-31 Giants and the 1936 Braves. He died in an auto accident in 1939. $450.00
110) EDDIE CONNOLLY full page legal document measures 8 1/2 x 11 for the "Draper-Maynard" Sporting goods company. He signs giving his permission to use his name in their advertising. A tough autograph Connolly played for the Boston Red Sox 1929-32. He died in 1963. $350.00
111) JOHNNY VANDER MEER & ERNIE LOMBARDI Vintage autograph album page signed in pencil. Measures 4x6. Both have signed boldly in pencil and the original collector circa 1939 has written the following notations at the bottom of the page "Battery Cincinnati Reds 1938 , Two no hit games in succession, on all star team 1938" Both Vander Meer and Lombardi did indeed make baseball history when in 1938 the Reds pitcher pitched back to back no-hit games a feat which will likely never be accomplished again. Catcher Lombardi was behind the plate for both games and was voted "Most valuable Player" in 1938 and would league the league in batting in 1942 on his way to a Hall of Fame career. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1988 over a decade after his death in 1977. A perfect display item from one of the most memorable events in baseball history. $100.00
112) MORT COOPER Magazine photo measures aprox 4x5 boldly signed in fountain pen and attached to a larger 4 1/2 x 6 1/2 heavy stock double weight paper. Cooper was a pitcher for the champion 1942 and 1944 Cardinals and won the 1942 "Most Valuable Player" award. Collectors will find the acquisition of his autograph no easy task as he died in 1958. $100.00
113) VINCE DIMAGGIO Vintage 1940's original wire service photo measures 6x8. Pictured in Reds uniform and signed and inscribed on the light portion "To David , Best Wishes VINCE DiMAGGIO" His career spanned 1937-1946 and was a two time member of the All Star team. He was the brother of Joe & Dom and died in 1986. $125.00
114) COLLECTION OF (5) AUTOGRAPHED FIRST EDITION BASEBALL BOOKS All are hard cover with dust jacket and signed on the title page or first blank page. All are in fine to nr fine condition. Includes "AARON" the autobiography of Hank Aaron signed IN-PERSON 9/26/98, "CAL RIPKEN -GET IN THE GAME" ball point signature obtained in-person, "I HAD A HAMMER" the Hank Aaron story ball point signature IN-PERSON 9/26/98. "REGGIE The autobiography of Reggie Jackson" Ball point signature obtained IN-PERSON, "REGGIE JACKSON'S SCRAPBOOK" large coffee table book , lavishly illustrated signed in-person in ball point. Take all for $250.00

More Vintage Autographs on my Web site
stinsonsports.com

http://stinsonsports.com/newsletter/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gazelladocument.jpg (76.7 KB, 115 views)