NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Tobacco (T) cards, except T206 B/S/T

Old 07-16-2014, 03:33 AM
Brad Francis

Default T222 and T200 pre-purchase advice

I am wanting to finish my Fatima NY Yankees T222's (Keating, Chance, and Maisel) and NY Americans T200. I have the Chance and Maisel so just need the Keating and team card. There are a few of each on Ebay right now and was hoping for advice on them. Also, if any of the sellers of these examples are board members please chime in as I am serious about buying.

I have included pictures of the actual cards for sale. The first pictures are of the team cards. Scroll past the team cards and you will find pictures of the Keatings along with questions I have about those.

Although the sellers declared to me that they are original and not trimmed or altered I have no way of knowing for sure.

What are your thoughts on trimmed or not trimmed? Also, the price discrepancy between the two team cards is considerable. With very little sales history, it is difficult to determine fair market value. (one is $600 and the other one is $1500).

yankeesT200frontb.jpg
yankeesT200backb.jpg
yankeesT200fronta.jpg
yankeesT200backa.jpg

The next pictures are of the two T222 Keatings for sale. One is graded and well centered and the other is off center and raw. Price on both is quite high, out of range for me anyway. (the raw one is $579 and the graded one is $750). I realize that there is a premium for short prints and I believe the Keating is a short print, but $750? Wow. Also what are your thoughts on trimmed or not trimmed for the raw Keating?

rawT222keatingfront.jpg

rawT222keatingrev.jpg

T222keatingfront.jpg

T222keatingrev.jpg
Old 07-16-2014, 07:16 PM
Dave Wilson

$600 is a decent price for any non trimmed or altered authentic NY American team card. The first team card looks to good to be true and I am not sure about that white back.

Last edited by ccre; 07-16-2014 at 07:56 PM.
Old 07-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Danny Smith

Both are original. Tough to tell if they are trimmed because they are paper thin and hard to tell without a great scan. The NY American is arguably the toughest card in the set. If unaltered 600 is not a bad price. It took me a while to find that one for my set.
Old 07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
Matt

Default Keating....

I would prefer the ungraded Keating due to it having better contrast, even if the grade is not as good. The graded one is too washed out, IMO........however, I don't like either price and that's why they've both been for sale for quite awhile. Also, in regards to the t200 price......I bought mine at last year's National for $275 (I was very happy) and it might grade GD at best. It has nice contrast and fits nicely in my set.

Matt

Last edited by Kzoo; 07-17-2014 at 02:51 PM. Reason: added