NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1950 to 1959 Baseball cards- B/S/T

Old 11-16-2015, 12:16 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387
Default 1952 Topps PSA 8 Monty Basgall-Hertiage

Its a Black Back

card is still available.

I would be interested in trade + (getting or receiving cash) as well (mays/mantle/Jackie robinson/ruth/cobb) The POP is really low

Asking 1700 net to me plus actual shipping/insurance

Theres a Black Back Basgall selling today 12/10/15 with Heritage for price comparison....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (77.5 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg 12b.jpg (75.8 KB, 513 views)

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 04-26-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:22 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
I know this card is above budget for most here but maybe you know someone.
It's always nice to open a B/S/T listing only to be insulted.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:39 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
It's always nice to open a B/S/T listing only to be insulted.
not an insult...how many 1952 Topps cards over $1500 you see listed here that are sold...thanks for trolling the thread..ill make sure to do the same with you..

but since you are so offended I will remove the part......I do have a history of listing cards for sale on net54 at very reasonable prices ..not sure why you want to insult someone that lists cards like green cobbs, rookie mays and banks....the world is made up of more people than you man....ie. how many post war cards over $1500 have you listed on net54?

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:08 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
not an insult...how many 1952 Topps cards over $1500 you see listed here that are sold.
Yes, it is an insult to assume that it's above most people's budget. The fact that there aren't many cards listed here over $1500 is irrelevant to your point.

Quote:
not sure why you want to insult someone that lists cards like green cobbs, rookie mays and banks
I didn't insult you.

Picture this. You and your wife go to the mattress store to pick out a new mattress set. You're greeted at the door by a salesman and, as he's showing you around he says, "This mattress is our best seller. It's normally priced at $4999, but we've got it on sale for $3999. I know this mattress is above your budget, but maybe you know someone" and then he proceeds to take you to the $200 mattress. Is that not insulting?
Old 11-16-2015, 01:36 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Yes, it is an insult to assume that it's above most people's budget. The fact that there aren't many cards listed here over $1500 is irrelevant to your point.

I didn't insult you.

Picture this. You and your wife go to the mattress store to pick out a new mattress set. You're greeted at the door by a salesman and, as he's showing you around he says, "This mattress is our best seller. It's normally priced at $4999, but we've got it on sale for $3999. I know this mattress is above your budget, but maybe you know someone" and then he proceeds to take you to the $200 mattress. Is that not insulting?
yes you did insult me ...no reason to make negative comments on a b/s/t thread like you did....if my post is so bad let me just live with it and have no chance to sell it......

its not irrelevant to point out that you and many people on here don't list many cards for $1500....that's because there is not a big push budget wise for postwar cards here on net54...people may have a budget for $30,000 for a Cy young prewar but they don't have the budget for the post war..

your analogy with the matress is beyond ridiculous......cards are bought and sold on the internet in the thousands and thousands of dollars versus mattresses...I have never gone to a mattress store thinking of a friend wanting a mattress...I don't know of 20 people right now looking for a mattress but I do know 10 or so people looking for certain 1952 Topps cards......plus I am not talking to a direct person like your example with the mattress...its a general post realizing I may not find anyone but worth a try because they may know someone.. If there was a sign at the mattress store saying 'super mattress, $9,000 dollars, above budget for most but if you know someone ' that doesn't offend me in the leeeast...plus maybe theres a finder fee......the mattress analogy is terrible...and im up for a good analogy...

people post all the time on net54 about selling items for a 'friend'. or relative...people also look for items for friend and relatives on net54.....

plus its not like I put a card for $20.00 like one of yours and said, if cant buy the $1500 card I have a $20.00 card for you....why you add that nonsense to your analogy..(saying I dont thave a $5000 matress but directing you to a $200 mattress )...I never said anything like that in the post.......I listed one card that's it.....

I have seen auction houses say that an item is probably over budget for many in not so many words.....in fact auctions are the main business of baseball cards...always a factor in a private sale is what it goes for auction.....yeah that happens with mattresses too.iil look for them in the next pwcc auction .....budget in what you are targeting is everything in a hobby.......didn't know mattresses were a hobby... maybe for don juan..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 01:46 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
the mattress analogy is terrible...and im up for a good analogy...
Well then you pick the analogy. But in the analogy, there has to be somebody selling something and the seller tells any potential buyer, "This is probably above your budget...".

If a salesman told you that, Jake, wouldn't you be offended in any circumstance?
Old 11-16-2015, 02:14 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Well then you pick the analogy. But in the analogy, there has to be somebody selling something and the seller tells any potential buyer, "This is probably above your budget...".

If a salesman told you that, Jake, wouldn't you be offended in any circumstance?
sometimes they say that at a car dealership because they think the customer will challenge that accusation. and pay more than they can afford, even though it really was over their budget but the car salesman got the sale they wanted.....

I have listed prior cards and gotten PMs with offers that are well below market price with 'that's all I can afford' ..people use their budget as an excuse all the time in trying to get a lower price...I have been told sometimes they only have so much a month to spend as well..my post was to basically say yeah I know the card isn't for everyone..maybe I just should of said that..but it was not meant to be insulting...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 02:16 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 02:29 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
sometimes they say that at a car dealership because they think the customer will challenge that accusation.
I owned my own company called Dealer Advertising Solutions. I've done work for over 100 dealerships including the majority of dealerships in Houston. I've done work for dealerships from Dallas to Brownsville, from San Antonio to Beaumont. I've have never heard a car salesman say, "I know this car is above your budget..." Then again, I've been out of the business since 2007. Maybe this is a new sales tactic?

I'm done with this. All I am doing is bumping your insulting thread to the top, pushing the non-insulting threads down the page which isn't fair to the other sellers. Goodbye!
Old 11-16-2015, 03:30 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I owned my own company called Dealer Advertising Solutions. I've done work for over 100 dealerships including the majority of dealerships in Houston. I've done work for dealerships from Dallas to Brownsville, from San Antonio to Beaumont. I've have never heard a car salesman say, "I know this car is above your budget..." Then again, I've been out of the business since 2007. Maybe this is a new sales tactic?

I'm done with this. All I am doing is bumping your insulting thread to the top, pushing the non-insulting threads down the page which isn't fair to the other sellers. Goodbye!
you are the one doing the insulting...basically we both know you had ZERO interest in the card but for some reason bothered to make a comment on my B/S/T thread..why waste everyone's time....well here is my answer to your last post..(again you have zero interest so whats your point except trolling).......

my family was in the car business as well for many years and actually sold cars....If you think to sell a car they haven't tried everything to sell a car then well im surprised you were in the car business...though not sure what 'done work for' means...doing advertising is a lot different than selling cars..limiting what car salesman tactics are is foolish...I have seen cars salesman say 'maybe you shouldn't buy this, maybe you cant afford it...its over your budget'...all the time on a higher priced car like a sports car ...'never heard of a car salesman say' guess that means never done..haha......theres an expression in the car business 'theres a butt for every seat'....cars salesman have tried EVERYTHING, but I guess your vast experience in advertising means you know it all.. or perhaps Texas car sellers never try to sell a car to a buyer that they really couldn't afford...never happens...they never repo cars in texas...
person's budget?

im guessing you haven't been in the mattress business....waiting for that $5000 dollar mattress and a $200 option if cant pay for the $5000....lol

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

A b/s/t thread quite unlike any other. Carry on.
Old 11-16-2015, 05:20 PM
Dave Foster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
A b/s/t thread quite unlike any other. Carry on.
+ 1

Damn! Wish I had the popcorn concession for this hair pull.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:59 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
+ 1

heck all the OP had to do is respect the B/S/T like any other...just let it be or say 'nice card'...no reason to make comments that can be interpreted as insulting...and if going to make comments like that at least be somebody that at least had a 1% chance of actually wanting the card....
Old 11-16-2015, 07:10 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
heck all the OP had to do is respect the B/S/T like any other...
Agreed.

You are the OP. OP means Original Poster. That's YOU, Einstein!

Kerp posting, Jake. You're really showing your intelligence...or lack thereof.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Agreed.

You are the OP. OP means Original Poster. That's YOU, Einstein!

Kerp posting, Jake. You're really showing your intelligence...or lack thereof.
so you agree that it is me that should want my own card and that I should say nice card in response to my original post...??? That makes sense.. gotcha I guess you are saying... lol

Look at my past posts....I defined OP as other person several times on other threads.. ..just like waterfront properties are blue chips.....you will say I am talking about houses I guess and not cards next time I say waterfront properties........ since I am the original poster its obvious....guess not obvious to you......

but oh yeah you worked for 10 years in advertising for real estate and nobody ever referred to properties as waterfront.....

anyway you said you were done....now you posted....hmm you say one thing but do another.

nice try to not argue the facts and just attack the person...nice etiquette....

no dispute you were never interested in the card.... and you are trolling...keep to the facts of the argument...no need to call someone stupid.....

PLUS who really cares....

is calling me stupid an insult? you were very upset with an insult in a thread but you can call someone stupid ....I take it you are insulting me now..or you denying that...I did not insult you on my post...yet you resort to that...and again if you going to insult me at least have a 1% realistic chance of wanting the card...we both know you don't......nice job..

most people are much smarter than me on net54 but they are super super smart... ..but I do know you just insulted me on a b/s/t thread and all I did was list a card for sale and nothing on the Original Post..'OP' says anything about you directly...yet you take it upon yourself to be insulting......

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:22 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Look at my past posts....
I prefer not to read some unintelligent language that I can't understand.
Old 11-16-2015, 07:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I prefer not to read some unintelligent language that I can't understand.
ah so you don't understand but yet you want to insult...... im sorry that you are unable to understand things......you did make a mattress analogy that made no sense at all ..

I get it...insult and run.......not a bad tactic.......

All I did was make a simple b/s/t thread....

Did you insult me in this thread ? is that too hard to understand? YES OR NO

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-16-2015 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:08 AM
Tony. Biviano

I would be surprised if you sold that card here on this board. Not too many 52 topps buyers here.
Old 11-17-2015, 09:39 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
I would be surprised if you sold that card here on this board. Not too many 52 topps buyers here.
correct..thats why I said the card wasn't for most...I know you sell a lot of 52s but very rarely in the $1500 price range..
Old 11-18-2015, 05:51 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammb View Post
Donscards listed a 1952 Topps mantle on 11/17/15 for 45k for a friend and to see if we knew any 'high rollers' so apparently some 1952 cards are still listed on net54and its also assumed that whoever is viewing the ad 'may have a friend' who is a high roller......so apparently its not unusual to ask net54 if they know someone else who can buy the card due to the card being over budget...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 11-18-2015 at 05:51 AM.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:42 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

bump to top....I sending this card into Heritage shorlty so Monty can be friends with the Lennox Cobb...if anyone is interested in paying less than the one sells for today on Heritage now is your chance...
Old 02-10-2016, 10:27 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

three month bump..cards is at Heritage now in the April auction.....
Old 02-10-2016, 05:23 PM
Bob Davies

Jake, thanks for bumping this as I would have missed it. This was a pretty entertaining way to spend the last five minutes.

And I'm with you on the "OP" thingy, people simply just don't get it when you try something unique... For example, I use WTF all the time, and I mean "Where's The Food" (like when I am in a restaurant, or something), and nobody else really understands me either. Obviously they're all Imbeciles...
Old 02-10-2016, 05:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Before Jake the BST used to be a place you just listed your card and the only replies were "bump" or "PM sent."
Old 02-10-2016, 06:31 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampsfan View Post
Jake, thanks for bumping this as I would have missed it. This was a pretty entertaining way to spend the last five minutes.

And I'm with you on the "OP" thingy, people simply just don't get it when you try something unique... For example, I use WTF all the time, and I mean "Where's The Food" (like when I am in a restaurant, or something), and nobody else really understands me either. Obviously they're all Imbeciles...
right I have lots of short expressions, at bars there WGAG...'white guy with Asian girl' (I married one...girls that are NMNK.....never married no kids....lots of code when out back in the day...

I am going to las vegas this weekend for a bachelor party......watch out....
Old 02-11-2016, 06:56 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
right I have lots of short expressions, at bars there WGAG...'white guy with Asian girl' (I married one...girls that are NMNK.....never married no kids....lots of code when out back in the day...

I am going to las vegas this weekend for a bachelor party......watch out....
I have one too. It's WWJD.

Why in the World is Jake so Dense?
Old 02-11-2016, 08:18 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

DINK

Double income no Kids

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-11-2016, 09:33 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

so is the mattress for sale or not?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
so is the mattress for sale or not?
you can have some of your friends look to buy a mattress for you....it apparently happens all the time with people generallly.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 02-11-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:49 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
you can have some of your friends look to buy a mattress for you....it apparently happens all the time with people generallly.

What if there is a "pricing error" where every mattress is priced accordingly, but a few get listed at your "buy" price?

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-11-2016, 09:52 AM
Bob Ev@ns
Banned

so "pm sent" does not imply that my plush mattress has been shipped yet?
Old 02-11-2016, 09:58 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by begsu1013 View Post
so "pm sent" does not imply that my plush mattress has been shipped yet?
true....or MF really isnt a bad to say....i got that guy MF....memory foam
Old 02-11-2016, 03:47 PM
jt

Last edited by JRO$!(; 02-27-2016 at 07:12 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 10:08 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Basgall is for sale now at Heritage..

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...umbnail-071515
Old 04-26-2016, 05:32 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by pclpads View Post
+ 1

There are food-sales opportunities. Please PM if interested.

Good luck with the sale, Jake. This was a classic thread a few months ago.

Last edited by Leon; 04-26-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:31 PM
Howard Chasser

Quote:

My 2 cents just for fun - insulting only if you can't afford it - laughable if you can.
Old 04-26-2016, 07:44 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Basgall is for sale now at Heritage..

http://sports.ha.com/itm/baseball/19...umbnail-071515
Good luck with the sale.
Old 04-26-2016, 09:57 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
My 2 cents just for fun - insulting only if you can't afford it - laughable if you can.
apparently noone could afford it....maybe this card will add to the list of the PSA 4 T206 cobbs i tried to sell for about $4k,. psa 6 1952 Mays RC Topps for mid 2k, 1954 RC Banks Topps psa 7.5 for 3500 or so and other cards....

now its the basgals turn perhaps.....heck i would buy a mattress for 2200 if could sell it for 3000 a few months later.......
Old 04-26-2016, 09:58 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
There are food-sales opportunities. Please PM if interested.

Good luck with the sale, Jake. This was a classic thread a few months ago.
Leon, say what people will, but i think i involved in several classic threads!
Old 05-15-2016, 05:36 PM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Its a Black Back

card is still available.

I would be interested in trade + (getting or receiving cash) as well (mays/mantle/Jackie robinson/ruth/cobb) The POP is really low

Asking 1700 net to me plus actual shipping/insurance

Theres a Black Back Basgall selling today 12/10/15 with Heritage for price comparison....
Nice card
Old 05-15-2016, 09:48 PM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
apparently noone could afford it....maybe this card will add to the list of the PSA 4 T206 cobbs i tried to sell for about $4k,. psa 6 1952 Mays RC Topps for mid 2k, 1954 RC Banks Topps psa 7.5 for 3500 or so and other cards....

now its the basgals turn perhaps.....heck i would buy a mattress for 2200 if could sell it for 3000 a few months later.......
I think Heritage was the right place for that card. A buyer would have to be one heck of a Bagsall fan, or working on a high grade 52 topps set. I'm sure many here could have afforded it but just didn't have any interest. Congrats on the sale.