NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-18-2016, 03:45 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Trivial printing omission on a T206 card's caption

I may be wrong, but I think this type of printing omission of a DOT in the Wiltse (pitching) caption is unique to this T206 subject. Has anyone here
seen this type of error on any other "N. Y." captions of T206's ?

I've checked out my Wiltse cards (AMERICAN BEAUTY 460, PIEDMONT 350, SOVEREIGN, SWEET CAPORAL 350-460, Factory #30, and the UZIT card
shown here) and the DOT is missing on all of them. Therefore, I don't think we can call this a "variation".

Although it's a trivial error, any inputs regarding this T206 anomaly would be appreciated ?

TED Z
Old 12-18-2016, 05:05 PM

Default Missing Dots

Hi Ted,

Good eye.

I think there are a few team captions where dots are missing.

Collins (Philadelphia) comes to mind. The dot after "PHILA" is never there--at least in the several hundred copies I have seen.

Would be nice to put together a comprehensive list of these missing dots.

All the best this holiday season,

Scot
Old 12-18-2016, 06:16 PM
Archive

Hi Ted

I'm not familiar with your Wiltse and the missing dot, but there are a few American league players where the dot is missing after "Amer". While T206s of other players in the American league have the dot after "Amer".

Here is an example:

Heinie Wagner

Left Shoulder Version - Wagner, Boston Amer (no dot)

Right Shoulder version - Wagner, Boston Amer. (with dot)

Last edited by Jantz; 12-18-2016 at 06:19 PM. Reason: added more
Old 12-18-2016, 07:35 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Hi Scot and Jantz

Yes, I'm familiar with all the subjects both of you have mentioned.

Regarding T206's with the caption "N. Y." (AL or NL), I'm pretty certain that they all have the DOTS....with the exception of Wiltse (pitching).

Wishing you both a very MERRY CHRISTMAS

TED Z
Old 12-19-2016, 12:41 AM
D/e/@/n H/@/c/k/e/t/t

Hi Ted!

My Old Mill Wiltse has no dot like you already deduced. Just thought I'd check to make sure.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:49 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanH3 View Post
Hi Ted!

My Old Mill Wiltse has no dot like you already deduced. Just thought I'd check to make sure.

Hi Dean

Thanks for your input.

We know that American Lithographic (ALC) first printed the fronts (6-color process). Then printed the backs (as requests from the various Factory's came in to ALC).

So, I really do not expect that a card of Wiltse (pitching) will surface with a DOT following the "Y". But then, the "Monster" can some times surprise us

TED Z