NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-11-2020, 05:43 AM
Bry@n

Default Best day/time to list on eBay?

I am curious what people have found to be the best day of the week and time of day to list on eBay. Both for BIN and auctions.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2020, 06:28 AM
Scott S

The quarantine may have thrown things off from the norm, but I often have tried to start 7-day auctions so they will end on a Sunday evening (8-9PM ET-ish). I would try to avoid having auctions end in the morning, or Saturday nights (back when people used to be able to go out on a Saturday night!).

Sniping probably has eliminated some of the importance of timing your auction to end at a peak time when the most eyes will be online at the moment, but I still wouldn't want to end something at a less optimal time.

I haven't really viewed the start time of a BIN as having much importance, but maybe a similar theory of beginning the listing at a peak time (such as a Sunday night) might help, in that someone may want to jump on it right away, out of FOMO if they don't.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:32 AM
John Donovan

I read somewhere that Sunday night is the optimum time as a seller for an eBay auction to end, so that’s what I use. My auctions usually end between 6:00p and 7:00p Pacific (9:00p to 10:00p Eastern). I typically don’t sell cards, but I sell lots of vintage toys (and use the proceeds to buy cards) but that timeframe seems to be successful.

Alternately, I feel like most of the ‘deals’ I have purchased on EBay (where I paid less than I expected) have come during the middle of a work day. So I avoid listing my auctions at those times.

But with auto bidding and sniping software so prevelant, I’m not sure it really matters too much.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:45 AM
Wayne V

Default Sunday night

I definitely agree, Sunday nights have been the best for me with auctions.
I haven't really thought much about buy it now's, but it probably is the best time to list those also.
Worst times to end an auction are probably Saturday night, Saturday morning, middle of the night, and around rush hour times, morning or afternoon.
Of course, because of the quarantine, all of this has less importance, and doesn't matter as much.
Old 06-11-2020, 08:51 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

I've heard Sunday Night as well. Though why not list on Thursday night for a 10 day auction? Wouldn't 2 weekends of viewing get a better response?

So anyone with experience on 7 vs 10 day auction listings?
Old 06-11-2020, 08:55 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
I haven't really viewed the start time of a BIN as having much importance, but maybe a similar theory of beginning the listing at a peak time (such as a Sunday night) might help, in that someone may want to jump on it right away, out of FOMO if they don't.
Yep. I've found that it doesn't matter much and that's more of a post mortem analysis. Because if it's listed way too low, it'll be gone before the day's out. If too high, enjoy your automatic renewal listing.
Old 06-11-2020, 04:09 PM
John Donovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
I've heard Sunday Night as well. Though why not list on Thursday night for a 10 day auction? Wouldn't 2 weekends of viewing get a better response?

I've done this as well...if I have a particularly unique item that I think might garner extra attention, I've done 10 day listings starting on Thursday....however, I don't really think it makes a difference. Both 7 and 10 day auctions show a similar pattern...they garner a higher number of views on the first day or two (probably from people with saved searches) then there is a dead period mid-week, and then views and bids spike on the last weekend.
Old 06-11-2020, 05:36 PM
D@v!d W@tk!n$

Quote:

One thing from a buyers mindset is a 10 day auction might be too long a wait. A lot of buyers have money and it is burning a hole in their pocket. I know I have given up on 10 day auctions because something better comes along.
Old 06-11-2020, 06:33 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

I usually have my auctions end between 6-7pm eastern, I feel like almost everyone no matter the work shift is awake at this time.
Old 06-16-2020, 02:36 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:

+1. Sunday has been my day for selling when I have done it. As for ending times I like the 8-10pm time frame. And a 7 day listing though I have done some 10 day ones also...
Old 06-16-2020, 02:56 PM
Patrick N.

Default Momday

There are studies out there on Google I remember Monday night is good too, Sunday night seems to be clogged up with Greg Morris auctions

Last edited by mintacular; 06-16-2020 at 02:56 PM.