NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-29-2009, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Speaker Missing Boston on Shirt ????

Posted By: Steven K Smith

I just had a question for some of the t206 printing experts out there. I cam across this T206 Speaker that is missing the bright red boston across his chest. The thing that I thought was strange is that there is a bright red line still across the cap, which would rule out a missing color. You can barely see the boston and it is about the same color as his face and hands. There is no surface damage to the front, the grade comes from paperloss on the back. If anyone has any thoughts I would be glad to hear them.

[linked image]

Old 03-29-2009, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Sarian

Hard to tell from the scan, but the uniform color in between the letters of "Boston" looks a bit light. Maybe when he went to Cleveland, some fan took an eraser and tried to erase the "Boston" off of the uniform?

Just a guess though....

Old 03-29-2009, 11:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

what scott said is probably true and would be seen easily if card was not entombed.i guess the grade of poor could be due to the boston being erased? but erasure should maybe,get an altered grade.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: stefan

so i was the owner of this card. it looked like it was just washed out. this card was in rough shape and it showed it both and front. i would not consider that card a color variant red was present just not as bright as the red on hat.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

I don't think the ink was washed out on that card. At some point, someone attempted to remove the Boston (red ink) from the shirt. The red stripe along the brim of his cap has not been altered. My understanding is that light red ink is not a variant. The real variants are the ones that have no red ink whatsoever. I am surprised that Sgc let this one slip by.

Go Heels

Old 03-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Rivera

Martin,
Your Heels are about to come on.At this point it is ACC for me as the Terps took a second round exit.
I agree with you on the Speaker and payment sent on Rucker.

JR