View Single Post
Old 04-01-2020, 09:50 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default Pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
Rick, PSA is stupid. They are terrible at rare and old cards (hell, they are terrible at all cards). I have seen flips that say brown old mill and brown Lenox that are not brown, and PSA is famous for one of the biggest steals of all time on a mislabeled old mill that was a brown old mill. And this is not the only chance r215 pirate. There is one other known - there is a complete t215 pirate set out there (May be missing one card). I will admit - SGC’s may have number grades, so in this case they both may be wrong, but the ones in SGC flips may be the set, and that set may have actually been assembled with cards from packs; there is only one set and then a few single stragglers. Regardless, I will take SGC all day, every day on old and rare T, E, and D cards and PCs and anything rare.

T215s are all Authentic because they think the t215 pirates out there were cut from a single sheet and not put into packs (given to servicemen in the pacific). Here is a great write up by REA from a t215 pirate auction a while back.

Steve (BrassRat on the board) has a freak pirate - split front and back - of chief meyers; hands down one of the coolest cards around. Maybe he will post it.

https://www.robertedwardauctions.com...dinary-rarity/

BTW - Ben, good looking Cobb. Congrats. I agree, post cards!!
Thank you for the info. It seems that I always learn something from these types of threads.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.