View Single Post
Old 08-22-2021, 11:12 AM

In my opinion, Joe Jackson's legacy transcends baseball due to (i) the Black Sox scandal, (ii) the fact that he is not in the HOF because of it, and (iii) the movie Field of Dreams and the games now being played there. Not only was he one of the best players of his era, and who knows where he would have ended had he not been banned from baseball, but his story and legacy is larger than the sport, this latter fact having a huge impact on value and desirability.

Joe's T210 is, in my opinion, a top 10 card. You could argue that his 1914 CJ is also a top 10 baseball card. Recently, his M101-4/5 cards have skyrocketed and his E90-1 cards seem to be following suit. The things that hold the E90-1 back are (a) its not very rare, (b) its very ugly, and (c) the set is not nearly as popular/collected as T206. That said, I agree that the E90-1, and all of Joe's cards, are poised for a large jump (and some are already seeing it).

As more big money comes into the hobby, the obvious card is the T206 Wagner. Interest in the Wagner brings interest to T206, Wagner in general (definitely experiencing a recent spike), and blue chip pre-war players. I believe the top blue chip players are Ruth, Cobb, Wagner, Gehrig and Jackson (not necessarily in that order). For this reason and because Jackson has a larger-than-the sport legacy, his cards, including the E90-1 should keep going up.