View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 10:40 AM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Been away for a long while, dealing with some tough, tough things, so it's so nice to finally be back home to find this black and white cardboard gold waiting for me...

Attachment 488132

The 1971 Topps Greatest Moments #3 Rico Carty is in really sweet shape, way above the grade. I believe the number on the slab indicates it was graded recently, so the (off) centering was probably factored into the grade. 'Normally' it would've gotten either a PSA 7 or 8 OC. There have only been fifty something of these cards graded overall, so I'm psyched to have it.

The 1967 Laughlin World Series #45 Bob Feller (with address on back) is a great card, but it fills me with melancholy since it memorializes a losing effort by the HOF hurler. Oh well.
Sorry I am so late to the dance, but glad you're back, and hope all is good. I have missed your interesting and humorous posts!

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***