View Single Post
Old 01-24-2022, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Here's a thought, rather than trying to get one Hal Chase of every possible silk color, remember that the S74-2 colored silks were issued for only two different ytobacco brands (Old Mill and Turkey Red), and all the silks were printed using only 3 different colors of ink (blue, brown, and what I call red/rust color). Why not try to find 3 different Old Mill colored silks of Chase, one printed in blue ink, one in brown, and the third in the red/rust ink color. And then do the same thing for three Turkey Red colored silks of chase. To jazz it up, you could try to get each of the six different Chase silks in a different material color then as well. Maybe one blue, one red, one pink, one purple, etc. This could be a little harder than you may think to get all the 3 different ink colors for both of the tobacco brands, but it at least limits you to only needing 6 silks to finish. I'd try to at least originally focus on the different ink colors and tobacco brands, and not worry too much about getting all different silk material colors. Something tells me you'll find some pretty easily, but then you may get stuck on a couple of the ink/tobacco brand combos. Whichever way you decide, it should make for a fun project. Good luck, and keep us posted on your progress.
Just wanted to post an update. I was able to land these two last night (after paying out the ass for them, ugh). Really happy to add them to my collection. My new question is this: does the S74-1 Chase come with a Red Sun or Helmar backing? There are none in the pop reports that I have found (I can't even figure out if PSA even grades these). Do any of you super advanced collectors have either of these in your collections? Or perhaps a blue ink version? I've never seen that one, either. Thanks for all of the great knowlege and help.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk