View Single Post
Old 10-12-2022, 10:23 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejstel View Post
Hi I heard the yellow to white but not yellow to blue. I thought topps just didn't run the yellow (to make green) will check the other article mentioned in above reply.

So for the Ed Stroud Card that Butch just posted are we saying that if he left it in the sun that Senators and Stroud would turn white and the green circle would turn blue?...I haven't seen that happen...but open to learn more.

Didn't someone post a blue team circle 1969 Hannah a few years ago? To prove the theory above, was the team name in white?

Best,
Ed

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
For the example you gave, yes, most likely the team name would turn white and the green circle would turn blue if left in the sun for an appropriate amount of time. The yellow ink that Topps used in this time period appears to be the quickest to fade as compared to the red and blue inks.

Below are some examples (I have posted previously in this thread) of this same scenario where some clever person tried to create their own WL version of these cards that do have WL variations. They merely covered all but the top portions of each card (the reason the team name didn't turn yellow) which caused the upper parts of the green circles to turn blue and the yellow letters to turn white. On the Epstein card, you can still clearly see the green below the WLs of Epstein.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (173.4 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (183.9 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (175.8 KB, 280 views)