View Single Post
Old 01-08-2023, 09:55 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Burbank Sportscards is my LCS; been going there for over 20 years. They started out as a small family enterprise in a small space. Family was the initial labor pool. As they got bigger, they bought out other dealers and expanded their holdings, moved to a mixed space that was primarily warehouse with a showroom front. They now have a warehouse that handles fulfillment, and the retail storefront down the block (very nice place, BTW, if you are in town). In other words, it grew organically as their business grew. They got the inventory then built the infrastructure to turn it out, not the other way around.

I’ve been there a few times. They are ok. Years ago I had to sit on a computer select the cards I needed for a set I was working on then they went and pulled from somewhere else. The cards weren’t exactly as described but they spent the time and I already paid. But they did GROW into the business they are now. You just don’t start out as a gigantic card business. You build and find what works for you. Even on EBay over the years you can see how they have gotten larger. It just comes with time and success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk