View Single Post
Old 07-13-2022, 07:54 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
This. I have been buying on eBay for 21 years. I have never once been scammed or defrauded. By applying the most basic of common sense, I've mostly avoided it. As a buyer, that eBay sides with me 100% no matter what for several weeks after a card is delivered leaves essentially no room to get defrauded anyways (which has only happened a couple times, and by big name sellers). Even if I bought a fake or the seller sent a fake instead of a legit card pictured, it doesn't really matter. I return it, eBay pays the shipping, and then eBay forces the seller to refund me.

Having every single card (or slab, they won't even review the actual card the time, which should maybe signal that this isn't about cards at all anymore) of value go through this review cannot possibly be cheaper than the old policy. Nor does it actually afford greater protection. I know this apparently sends some members into rages, but oh well.
It is no shock that some people love the AG program. They do not have to use common sense when buying on eBay, take the time to educate themselves or take steps to vet their sellers and instead pass that responsibility onto someone else. All the while they can maintain the illusion that the card they bought, which might be altered, is 100% legit. Ya gotta love it.