NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-01-2013, 06:20 PM
Andrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I'd like to see one. Just one. It has to be something that we can all agree is overgraded (paper loss, pin holes, etc), not just your opinion that it's overgraded. I'll go first. Here is a PSA 6 with paper loss. Probably should have graded no higher than a 2 (overgraded by 4 grades). Either way, I think we can both agree it's not a 6.

David,

I have heard the PSA is more forgiving on paper loss. Here is another example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-206-SWEET-...51222833544?pt
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 AM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
If you run into an a-hole in the morning, then, unfortunately, you ran into an a-hole. If you run into a-holes all day long, then you're the a-hole.
Couldn't stop laughing for about 30 seconds after reading this one! I'll have to remember it!

That said, boy, none of us are anywhere near perfect. I just want to thank all of you guys for putting up with some of my s___t from time to time when I'm really cranky! All in all, we've got a great set of very knowledgable members.

Best wishes,

Larry
Old 02-02-2013, 12:13 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post
Nice cards Clayton. I noticed they are both "seated" and I assume that has a bit to do with it ..... I'm not sure I have any "seated" ...... but I can share a whole team standing/sitting around for the hell of it
Hey Steve, glad you enjoy the postcard! I just picked up a similar looking one..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1907 Heimer Postcards Detroit Tigers SGC 30.jpg (80.0 KB, 281 views)

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-02-2013, 12:19 AM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
For Eomint:

Yeah, I know this a bit wacky, but you have to admit it is a beautiful card!!! And I think most buyers of the McNall/Gretsky Wagner knew about its origins before they bought--word had been pretty rampant throughout the hobby for years and years!

Larry
Old 02-02-2013, 05:01 AM
Scott

Default Influx of trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
sigh

Wow. Just... wow.

Sorry, Leon. I'll do my best to be a good boy. There's a good vibe here, and I'm grateful to be a part of it.
Leon, lot of trouble makers seem to be switching to this board....they came from bEckett, caused ruckus in PSA, now are flooding here....GordieTNT you better not be the pain in the A$$ you were at PSA
Old 02-02-2013, 06:01 AM
Steve K@mmɘyɘr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb217676 View Post
Hey Steve, glad you enjoy the postcard! I just picked up a similar looking one..

you selling??
Old 02-02-2013, 06:41 AM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdkammeyer View Post

you selling??
Not this one Steve, it's the replacement for the one I sold you.

Always looking for interesting pre-war baseball & hockey postcards!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 AM
Dan Marke1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog*dirt View Post
David,

I have heard the PSA is more forgiving on paper loss. Here is another example...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-206-SWEET-...51222833544?pt
I've heard that too. Here's another example of being very forgiving on paper loss (both edges in fact):

Old 02-02-2013, 08:12 AM
Geordie Calvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
Leon, lot of trouble makers seem to be switching to this board....they came from bEckett, caused ruckus in PSA, now are flooding here....GordieTNT you better not be the pain in the A$$ you were at PSA
And if I am, what's it to you? Is Fandango your real last name? If not, please post it before you throw out insults to a member who didn't say anything to you. I believe those are the rules here.

For the record, I am the same TNP from CU. How many Geordies do you know who have a chocolate Lab avatar? And if by "pain in the ass", you mean did I mock you repeatedly whenever you went on one of your many psychotic, delusional rants, then I guess your descriptor is fair.

Last edited by TNP777; 02-02-2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNP777 View Post
And if I am, what's it to you? Is Fandango your real last name? If not, please post it before you throw out insults to a member who didn't say anything to you. I believe those are the rules here.

For the record, I am the same TNP from CU. How many Geordies do you know who have a chocolate Lab avatar? And if by "pain in the ass", you mean did I mock you repeatedly whenever you went on one of your many psychotic, delusional rants, then I guess your descriptor is fair.
His name is his user id by what he registered with. If it's not I would like to know. Biggest difference between us and CU (which I still like) is the anonymity thing. For the record the very top of our pages on this board will be changing to reflect the privacy issue with posting.

Everyone pretty much starts with a clean slate here.
Old 02-02-2013, 11:44 AM
banned
Bi.ll Hol.ler

Default Fagdango

Please ask fandango if he still has his "list". There's a reason he has been banned everywhere he's gone.

Where's nam with the fandango computer pic?
Old 02-02-2013, 12:46 PM
Geordie Calvert

Heh. Forgot all about The List.

Scott, you got the boot from CU? No wonder you won't answer my PMs.

Oh, the irony.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
Leon, lot of trouble makers seem to be switching to this board....
Old 02-04-2013, 12:50 PM
Chris
Chr.is Ta.bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasselhoffsCheeseburger View Post
If you run into an a-hole in the morning, then, unfortunately, you ran into an a-hole. If you run into a-holes all day long, then you're the a-hole.
QFT.

I wish I could get more people to understand this.

Tabe
Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

That reminds me of the joke where the wife calls the husband while he's in his car driving home, to warn him that there's a dangerous idiot driving the wrong way on the freeway.

His response: "It's not just one - they are ALL driving the wrong way!"