NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-15-2013, 12:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardboard Junkie View Post
I'm just wondering where "Large Ass" is? Is my concern warranted? Dave.
He is MIA right now. Yes, there is a concern. My last email(s) to the current owner have gone unanswered. Time to pick up the phone.....I will report back what I find out...(just now left a v-mail for him, at least he still has the same #)

Last edited by Leon; 04-15-2013 at 12:21 PM.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Doug

Default Last weeks time magazine...

I guess that makes two of them?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg img099.2.jpg (77.5 KB, 674 views)

It is what it is...
Old 04-15-2013, 09:51 PM
Clayton

Nice Doug

That was funny-

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 04-15-2013, 09:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batjac1 View Post
I guess that makes two of them?

My wife laughed out loud. She knew of Large Ass Herzog.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:55 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
My wife laughed out loud. She knew of Large Ass Herzog.
I would never use the phrase "large ass" in front of my wife. She has spread a little after 32 years of marriage and she is sensitive about it. Still looks damn good to me.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:00 PM
Brad

Default VERY SORRY for the delay - Buck is back!

Hello everyone –
First of all, I'm VERY SORRY for the lengthy delay in getting these pics posted from Buck’s latest tour. I had some unforeseen health issues last fall, and my work and travel gets extremely crazy beginning in January. Thankfully, Leon sent me a few reminders about Buck’s whereabouts, and I was finally able to track him down (I haven’t done anything with cards lately and quite frankly, I’d forgotten I had him!)

Anyway – here is what Buck “Large Ass” Herzog has been up to…

Since Buck is former Brave, I thought it would be interesting if he joined one of the most popular Braves of all time for the last few weeks of his playing career, so Buck and Chipper Jones spent some time together in September and October, as Chipper wound down his final weeks as an active player.

(I'm not sure how to separate the photos with text in between, so here's the full description of his travels, with pics below.)

Photo 1) On September 7, 2012, Buck went to Citi Field in New York and joined Chipper in the parking lot, at the location of the former Shea Stadium home plate. Chipper did a TV interview where he took the reporter and the viewers through his memories of his first career home run in 1995 at Shea. Buck recalled that reporters in his day were not nearly as attractive as they are today…

Photo 2) Buck enjoyed a three-game series at Philadelphia’s beautiful Citizens Bank Park in late September, including this beautiful day game in 9/23/12.

Photo 3) Buck concluded the regular season with a trip to Pittsburgh's PNC Park in October (Buck informed me he'd been here before with a fellow Net54 member, but was glad to be back). He enjoyed visiting the statue of his old friend Honus Wagner, and being on the field for batting practice and to see Photo 4) Chipper receive a gift from Andrew McCutchen and the Pirates.

Photo 5) Buck was passed around among several Braves players in the locker room at PNC Park. They were intrigued by his tour and his story. Fellow card enthusiast Tim Hudson spent a lot of time with Buck, and Photo 6) 2011 Rookie of the Year Craig Kimbrel was fascinated by the “Large Ass” line on Buck’s back.

Photo 7) On October 4, 2012, the Braves held a workout at Turner Field and Tim Hudson took Buck on the field for batting practice. Hudson (center) was joined by fellow card lovers (L-R) Cory Gearrin, Brandon Beachy, Craig Kimbrel and Freddie Freeman.

Photo 8) A day after being knocked out of the playoffs, Buck went to Turner Field on a quiet Saturday morning to help Chipper Jones clean out his locker for the final time.

Photo 9) Buck hangs out in Chipper's locker for a while before it's packed up...Can you find him (baseball card version of Where's Waldo)?

Photo 10) Buck says goodbye to a Chipper Jones jersey, before it is sent to the Hall of Fame. This is the jersey Chipper wore on 7/3/12, when he went 5-for-5 vs. the Cubs.

Photo 11) Buck hangs out with legendary manager Bobby Cox in spring training, March 2013.

Okay - so who's next? I'm taking requests for Buck's next home. Please let me know via PM if you'd like to have him and I'll pass him on...Before I forget him again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg With CJ at Shea homeplate.jpg (75.5 KB, 598 views)
File Type: jpg At Philly.jpg (76.9 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg BP at PNC.jpg (70.3 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg Pre-game ceremony at PIT.jpg (74.8 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg With Huddy.jpg (73.3 KB, 601 views)
File Type: jpg with Kimbrel.jpg (67.3 KB, 602 views)
File Type: jpg at workout - Oct. 5.jpg (74.7 KB, 603 views)
File Type: jpg CJ - the day after.jpg (70.9 KB, 604 views)
File Type: jpg CJ's locker from afar.jpg (72.0 KB, 606 views)
File Type: jpg With CJ jersey.jpg (75.3 KB, 605 views)
File Type: jpg With Bobby.jpg (72.0 KB, 598 views)
Old 04-19-2013, 12:08 PM
Daryl

Incredible!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Amazing!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 12:12 PM
David Pierson
Banned

Cool Cool Cool!!!! I think "LargeAss" will dethrone the psa8 wags if he ever goes on the block! Dave
Old 04-19-2013, 12:14 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
Incredible!
agreed. worth the wait. I have wanted to take part in this, but I don't have anything interesting to show Buck
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default Whoa!

It's gonna be tough for the next guy to beat those pictures. Fantastic!