NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-23-2014, 07:46 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

I was shut out for the most part, but managed to pick up 3 photos. My favorite is this Herman Seid original of Bob Feller, the night of Cleveland's first-ever night game.

I really liked the contrast of the black background against Feller's white uniform and blaring lights. The photographer really got his point across
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feller.jpg (22.1 KB, 218 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:51 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

The other photo I loved (with similar contrast) was this epic image of Satchel Paige, pitching in his Big League debut.

Kinda wish I went harder after this one, given its importance... Did anybody here get it?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg paige.jpg (31.8 KB, 227 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
The other photo I loved (with similar contrast) was this epic image of Satchel Paige, pitching in his Big League debut.

Kinda wish I went harder after this one, given its importance... Did anybody here get it?
I went after this photo of Satchel Paige as well, but came up short...
Old 02-23-2014, 09:06 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Talking about the ones that got away. I missed out on this because it wasn't in the Lou Gehrig search button Rhys had on the left hand side. (Very Bad Boy Rhys)

I would've definitely gone after this one. It sold for a steal I think($450)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1531a_lg.jpg (19.9 KB, 279 views)

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 02-26-2014, 09:28 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I picked up these:

1922 Gene Tunney Hall Studio photo. I had another of these from the same shoot but sold it a few years ago, so happy to replace it:

1964 Terry Sawchuk, from the same photo session that was used to make his Topps card from 1964-65. Gotta wonder whether it was a team issue:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 02-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Paul S

I picked this up. Great grandpa.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sullivan cabinet.jpg (77.0 KB, 172 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Way to go Bob, I was under bidder on Matty
Old 02-23-2014, 07:58 PM

Thanks Mark. Yes, both photos are beautiful but I love the large size of the 1926 portrait and the detail seen on his jersey. Taken just before he became a superstar in his prime playing years!
Old 02-23-2014, 08:52 PM

Quote:
I was shut out for the most part, but managed to pick up 3 photos. My favorite is this Herman Seid original of Bob Feller, the night of Cleveland's first-ever night game.

I really liked the contrast of the black background against Feller's white uniform and blaring lights. The photographer really got his point across
Congrats Mark, it's a beauty!
Old 02-23-2014, 09:44 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Congrats Mark, it's a beauty!
Scott:

Thanks.... and same to you! I really admired yours, but am sure glad we went after separate Fellers without driving each other up.

Hey, did you happen to snag that cool image of Vandy gripping the baseball? Especially since it's from '38, I thought of you when I saw it!
Old 02-24-2014, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Scott:

Thanks.... and same to you! I really admired yours, but am sure glad we went after separate Fellers without driving each other up.

Hey, did you happen to snag that cool image of Vandy gripping the baseball? Especially since it's from '38, I thought of you when I saw it!
Mark,
I didn't go after the Vandy grip photo because I already own the image.
I'm glad we went after different Feller Images too, FWIW. It worked out well!
Old 02-24-2014, 09:23 AM
Phil P

Default Stan Musial 3000 Hit photo

Was happy that I was able to pick up this milestone of Stan the Man at 2nd base after hitting his pinch hit double on May 13, 1958 at Wrigley Field. The Cardinals management wanted to save Stan for the next day return trip to St Louis for Musial to reach this milestone, but his pinch hit double was needed to win the final series game against the Cubbies. All I need now is the ticket stub to this game to add to my photo and neatly scored scorecard that I picked up a few years ago. Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2454a_med.jpg (16.4 KB, 248 views)
Old 02-23-2014, 11:23 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:

Mark,
I don't know if you are aware, but Herman Seid was actually trained in photography by Van Oeyen and was his successor as sports photographer at The Cleveland Press. He had some serious chops himself when it came to photography, and to my eye, his "style" in many cases closely resembles Van Oeyen's (not surprising). Sadly, he moved away from sports photography in the 1950's, though he still did human interest and regular news assignments for The Press up to his death in 1980.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:12 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

That is some great info on Seid, and enables me to appreciate/enjoy the Bob Feller night photo even more....

Thank you, Lance!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:16 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
That is some great info on Seid, and enables me to appreciate/enjoy the Bob Feller night photo even more....

Thank you, Lance!
No problem, and congrats on the pick-up. I thought about going after that one myself, but as usual, my wish list was much longer than my wallet can accommodate