NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 03-30-2014, 08:36 AM
Alex

It seems that the people with opinions on this issue have very strong ones.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:28 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
As for the OP, there are two venues where adults can proudly wear their team colors: the ballpark and the little league field. Everywhere else it just looks sad. Not to mention that there is no clothing product so uniquely unsuited to the middle aged male physique as a team jersey.
As far as being unsuited for middle-age male physique, try wearing an NFL official game jersey in your size. They are made to hug the non-existent 6-pack.
Old 04-02-2014, 01:26 AM
Mike C@.v3

I guess it depends on how old you are and where you live?? I tend to see many adults wearing them freely, usually in sports bars, but I think it's more appropriate in there and see nothing wrong with supporting your team...not sure where the sad part comes in at all. Jerseys are a big part of the sport and for fans to enjoy and it helps get them closer to the game and their favorite player. I agree that some people don't look too flattering in them, but I don't care and I'm not judgemental towards what other people decide to wear as long as it's not offensive.

But overall I'd have to say that adults wearing them in their 20's-mid 40's are pretty strong. You don't see a ton of guys wearing jerseys when they hit north of 50...they must be too lame or too cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 04-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Buddy Wi11:rich
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBird View Post
Couple of questions here. So if you were alive and older than say Babe Ruth in 1927 and you met him you wouldn't have asked for his auto unless you were with a child??? Whats the difference between you being a fan and a child being a fan? Also, whats the difference between a jersey and any other pair of clothing going out of style or being worn out? people don't wear the same clothes they wore a couple of years ago for the most part. not trying to be rude but your logic doesn't make any sense to me. You are allowed your opinion by all means but to say something is out of the question is a little ridiculous.
This question was pretty much answered before, HUGE difference between 1927 and 2014, not only with the players themselves but the fans as well. Autograph seeking wasn't a "business" back then. People of all ages showed up to ball parks and players would HAPPILY sign autographs for everyone, because they kept them and cherished them. Today autographs are BIG business and it rubs the current athlete the wrong way when a 40-50 something year old man is standing with a bunch of kids and he has a handful of balls to sign......gee I wonder what he plans on doing with them?....

Almost everything being done today is scrutinized because money has destroyed pretty much everything that was once innocent. Guys like Lionel Carter couldn't even show very many people his baseball card collection for fear somebody would steal it or possibly worse maybe kill him for it. I stand by my opinion that in today's society and culture with too many people ruining everything, I would still not run up to an athlete, movie star, musician etc and beg for an autograph, not happening. In my profession, I've come in contact with so many celebrities I couldn't even keep track of who I have met. If some of you guys knew how these people felt about being hounded by "fans", you have a much different take on it, let's leave it at that.

As far as jerseys go.....nope still don't wear them. Don't really care if other people wear them since I don't dress everybody, but for ME, it's still out of the question
Old 04-04-2014, 08:30 AM
Belltown Vintage

Related event - last night something truly horrible occurred at the Astros game: three techno-geek looking guys were deemed the 'fan of the night'. They had each bought a new Astros jersey with the rainbow shoulders and gotten their names put on the back, along with a number. When asked what the numbers meant, one guy said "it's the number of years we've been at the company."

I was horrified.