NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Barry Sloate

Three beautiful images, but I am especially interested in the tintype, as it is incredibly late for that photo medium. Since Bresnahan was born in 1879, it's reasonable to assume it is post 1900. That's very unusual.

Last edited by barrysloate; 06-10-2015 at 10:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:12 AM
K3v1n Stru55

Here is a RPPC of Bresnahan taken during his only postseason appearance. This photo of battery-mates Bresnahan and Mathewson was taken on October 9, before the first game of the 1905 World Series. Bresnahan would go on to catch a Mathewson shutout that day, the first of three that Matty threw in that Series.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lf.jpg (64.7 KB, 671 views)

Last edited by Baseball Rarities; 06-10-2015 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:22 AM

One of my favorite CJ's.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.9 KB, 668 views)

Successful transactions with: PSACJ, Double-P-Enterprises, RGold, CW, Iron Horse, tiger8mush, dtp717, Hcom24, floyd6294, omegalm1, Baseball Rarities -- among others.

Focusing on 1915 Cracker Jacks - high grade or very sharp cards. Please let me know what you have.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:33 AM
Ⓑⓘⓛⓛ Ⓒⓞⓡⓝⓔⓛⓛ

Default Horner photo circa 1904

Sold in a group of Horner photos by Mastro in 2007. This same photo was later used for his Ramly card, but with the "New York" removed from the uniform.

Last edited by bcornell; 06-10-2015 at 11:33 AM.
Old 06-10-2015, 11:55 AM

Default Roger

(1) The first image is a Bregstone postcard from (judging by the socks) 1910 or 1911.

(2) The next is a postcard showing members of the St. Louis Cardinals following the July 11, 1911 derailment of a train on which they were traveling. They assisted in the rescue. A stamp on the front identifies the incident. Standing: team secretary Herman Seekamp (unverified); Wally Smith; Ivy Wingo; Jack Bliss; Grover Lowdermilk; Bob Harmon; Ed Konetchy; Rebel Oakes. Seated: Arnold Hauser; Rube Ellis; Lee Magee; Steve Evans; Roger Bresnahan.

(3) There was no 1904 World Series. Disputes on several levels led the National League champion New York Giants, pictured on this 1904 postcard, to decline to play the American League champion Boston Americans. The postcard shows (top row) Luther Taylor, Mike Donlin, Billy Gilbert, Bill Dahlen, Frank Bowerman (top row); (middle row) Hooks Wiltse, Jack Dunn, John McGraw, Dan McGann, Claude Elliot; (bottom row) Red Ames, George Browne, Roger Bresnahan, Joe McGinnity, Jack Warner, Sam Mertes. McGraw, Bresnahan, and McGinnity are in the Hall of Fame. Dunn was the first person to sign Babe Ruth to a professional contract in 1914 as skipper of the Baltimore Orioles.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1904 New York Giants (mine) copy.jpg (72.5 KB, 655 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0004 copy.jpg (76.0 KB, 651 views)
File Type: jpg Bresnahan - Bregstone copy.jpg (71.7 KB, 652 views)
Old 06-10-2015, 06:05 PM
Rob

Old 06-10-2015, 06:22 PM
David McDonald

Heritage's February auction had a whole slew of things from Roger Bresnahan's estate. I won this panorama photo of a Giants-Pirates game at the Polo Grounds in May of 1905. The accompanying LOA stated that it belonged to Bresnahan and it is he crouched behind home plate taking Iron Man McGinnity's pitches. This sucker is nearly four feet wide - the detail is amazing. You don't see tall ships in the outfield much anymore.
A choir mate of my wife is a top-notch conservator. She works in the archives of the Land Registry here in Victoria. The work she has done on old maps that demarcated this city two centuries ago just blows the mind of this old land surveyor. I was stoked when she said she would knock my photo into shape - repair the tears, infill the chips and, main thing, remove the linen backing which forces the photo into a tight roll. She's almost done with this painstaking work. After that I'll get a frame on it and then up she goes on the library wall of this old Giant fan.

This jpeg came from the Heritage site. It is huge. I hope Net 54's "posting mechanism" will accommodate it.
Old 06-10-2015, 06:39 PM
Jeff 'Prize-ner'

Awesome David!