NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-02-2016, 07:05 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by redalpha7 View Post
I agree on the Herb Score tint vs normal determination. When there is no cropping difference , the light wood grain is the green tint and the dark wood grain is the normal. On the Dublia card, there a slight in shape on the dark brown shape on the bottom of the card.
There is a slight cropping variation on the 116 Score....while tough to see in images, in hand you can see that there is slightly more jersey directly above the lower portion of the "curl". As mentioned previously, the focus on the Score GT version is not as crisp as the regular....on the regular version a seam in his jersey on his right shoulder is visible and the chain around his neck is also visible on the regular.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 06-02-2016 at 07:05 AM.
Old 06-03-2016, 01:28 PM
Alan Elefson

Thanks again guys! I still cannot see differences in Score or Woodling so I am attaching scans of my cards. Can anyone tell if these are regular or green tints? My gut feel is that neither of the Woodling cards are as the button is too clear. I also think the darker bordered Score is common. The lighter bordered one might be a green tint but the border still looks too dark to me. What do you folks think?

Alan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img018.jpg (39.7 KB, 78 views)
Old 06-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Al Richter

Default 1962

Alan-- I would defer to Darren if he pops in, but I have a set of the greenies and mine look like the pairs of Woodling and Score you can see in the post 44 link in this thread, and from your scans I would say the 4 you posted are all normal
Old 06-03-2016, 02:39 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Alan-- I would defer to Darren if he pops in, but I have a set of the greenies and mine look like the pairs of Woodling and Score you can see in the post 44 link in this thread, and from your scans I would say the 4 you posted are all normal
+1, All regular copies
Old 06-03-2016, 02:41 PM
Bob F.

Agreed. All four are non-green tint variations.

Edited to add:

Here's my Score GT.

On yours, it's easy to see the seam in his shirt and his eyebrows. Also, his eyes are much more vivid in the non-green variation.

Last edited by bobsbbcards; 06-03-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:59 PM
Alan Elefson

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the definitive information. It has been a lot of fun reviewing all of my cards from this series. I did find 9 green tints in total, so I am glad I checked. I really appreciate all of the knowledge shared in this thread regarding these cards.

Alan
Old 06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Bi11..R0berts

Alan,

On the Woodling card, look at the color of the uniform button, it is dark grey on the regular version and a very light green (almost disappears into the uniform) on the green tints, as well as being closer to the curl. Also, on the regular card his head and hat cast a clearly visible shadow on his left shoulder, on the green tint this shadow is very faint. There are a few more, but I'll leave you with one more, on the green tint his teeth are very white (looks like he went nuts with the teeth whitener) and seem to blend into one big tooth, on the regular you can actually see multiple teeth.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wood022.jpg (79.1 KB, 96 views)
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty

Last edited by brob28; 06-04-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Bi11..R0berts

This should help with the Score green tint besides the uniform seam and focus of the Sox logo on his hat, there is some uniform showing on the regular card near the curl that is almost completely gone in the GT. Seeing them side by side the coloration and focus is a dead give away as well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg score023.jpg (78.6 KB, 100 views)
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty