NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Mike Reid

Default Lineup cards: Let’s see what’s out there.

I used to drive my Dad crazy with this. All he wanted to do was go home after the games since we had been there since the gates opened so we could watch batting practice. When the game ended I would go stand at the corner of the dugouts at old Tiger Stadium and bug whomever was left there and ask them for the lineups that were taped to the wall. These are all from the mid seventies and its pretty cool to see some of the names. One of these days I will make a display for them. I really like to look at things like this because of the memories that are attached with them. Anybody else collect these? I would love to see them.
Old 11-22-2018, 10:00 PM

Mike,
I definitely do collect lineup cards and I know that Jeff Lazarus on this forum does as well.
I will try to post a few of my favorites soon.
Old 11-23-2018, 01:34 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Got this a few months ago. Line up card and ticket to Jim Thome 300th HR

1D02D9AE-9370-407A-9EFC-69B68EAD4559.jpeg
Old 11-24-2018, 08:02 AM
Bill H@e1ig

I love dugout lineup cards and have quite a few in my Ripken/Orioles collection:

Here are just a couple:

Opening Day 2001, which happened to be Cal's last:

Orioles/Rays game from 2015, where the Orioles celebrated the 20th Anniversary of the 2131 Game:

Earl Weaver's Dugout Lineup cards (front/back) from Game 3 of the 1970 World Series & Game 1 of the 1971 ALCS (the Usher from who I obtained these from taped a Ticket stub from the game to each):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 11-24-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-24-2018, 10:44 AM
Mike Reid

Very cool stuff. Keep it coming.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:09 AM
Bob M

Eddie Stanky's dugout lineup card from 9-10-67 ... Joel Horlen no hits the Detroit Tigers. Interesting to note, Stanky made a 7th inning substitution for defensive purposes (Buddy Bradford for Pete Ward) and a last second substitution in the 9th inning—which he failed to mark on the card...maybe caught up in the moment (Cotton Nash for Ken Boyer).

I collect Chisox 60s era Chisox stuff. If anyone has unique memorabilia or gamers of 60's era White Sox of Horlen, Ward, Peters, Berres, Martin...that you may be interested in parting with, drop me a line. Thanks!
Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 67dugoutcard.jpg (75.6 KB, 978 views)
Old 11-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Chris Wood

Default I have a few

None older than 1977 (will post those later), but I like to collect them too!

Here’s a couple Mariners vs Orioles games in 2001. Ichiro got hits in both on the way to his ROY and MVP season and the M’s 116 win campaign. Oh and Cal Jr.s last season too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04EB5DE1-646A-45D8-8528-28771639B005.jpg (12.9 KB, 954 views)
File Type: jpg A1823FE2-97B9-489A-87BA-D4A10A8BD2CD.jpg (17.0 KB, 956 views)

Last edited by baseball tourist; 11-24-2018 at 09:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2018, 07:23 PM
Clint

Bill those are amazing!
Old 11-24-2018, 09:22 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Chipper Jones 1st career MLB hit

Here is the dugout lineup card from the game when Chipper Jones recorded his first big league hit. It's on the website CooperstownExpert.com that has a page for every Hall of Famer and a couple hundred more notable figures. Lots of autographs there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chipper-Jones-lineup-car-694x1024.jpg (17.5 KB, 947 views)
Old 11-24-2018, 09:36 PM
Jim Smiley

Default Multi-signed lineup card from Game 2 of 1997 ALDS

Sorry for the separate post. More lineup cards are coming to mind. Here's Joe Torre's manager lineup card from Game 2 of the 1997 ALDS. It's signed by Torre, Derek Jeter, Tim Raines, Bernie Williams, Joe Girardi, Andy Pettitte, and a few others. The links direct to their player pages on CooperstownExpert.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg torre-lineup-card-791x1024.jpg (14.4 KB, 953 views)
Old 11-25-2018, 02:52 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
Bill those are amazing!
Thanks Clint, that 1970 one is somewhat significant in that it's the only time in WS History that a pitcher (McNally) hit a Grand Slam.
Old 11-25-2018, 03:18 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Really excited to see a post about lineup cards as it is a primary area of collecting for me. If anyone has any that they are open to moving please let me know.

Few of my favorites:
- Brett 3000th hit
- Niekro 300th homerun (and final game of Mattingly's MVP season)
- Glavine 1st win
- 1999 WS Game 2
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Brett, George 3000 Hit.jpg (74.7 KB, 967 views)
File Type: jpg Niekro, Phil 300th Win.jpg (72.7 KB, 963 views)
File Type: jpg 1987 - Glavine First Win 8-22-1987.jpg (69.1 KB, 964 views)
File Type: jpg 1999 WS - Game 2 - Torre, Joe.jpg (72.6 KB, 959 views)
File Type: jpg Johnson, Walter Graded 8-27-1933.jpg (72.3 KB, 957 views)

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 11-25-2018 at 03:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2018, 04:12 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I too was the one who would hang out by the dugouts after games begging for someone to toss me the lineup cards from the dugout walls. I received a few as I went to only about 5 games a year but when I began my short lived career in Major League Baseball (started as game day field security for four years...moved to the front office for three) my collection exploded. Most times these cards continued to hang on the dugout wall long after the grounds crew completed their clean up and since I had access I would snag them myself. I amassed probably a few hundred line up cards over the years but sold most, if not all of them off over a period of time. Every time I went to sell them I was told they were not worth much but in the interest of cleaning out my collection I probably got on average, about 20 bucks each unless their was a significant event in the game. I had always intended to frame them and put them on the wall of my never to be existent man cave but gave up that dream awhile ago.

I also was lucky enough to find a few manager or umpire line up cards along the way (Topnotchsy..if I ever find them they are yours). I vividly remember one time seeing an unknowing grounds crew member emerging from the tunnel for the umpires dressing room and looking at a few small pieces of paper. I recognized instantly what he was looking at and then to my horror, he just ripped them in half and let them fall to the ground. I hurriedly picked them up and taped them back together as one of those line up cards was the top copy that had Pete Rose's original signature with his line up hand written on it.

Line up cards certainly hold a soft spot in my collecting heart and love to see others enjoy them as much as I did at one time.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:28 PM

Default Significant original lineup cards related to HOF Nolan Ryan's career

Here are some of my favorite game used dugout and umpire lineup cards to significant Nolan Ryan milestones. I have accumulated these through 46 years of collecting Nolan. Here you go:

1) California Angels dugout card to the last time that HOF Nolan Ryan faced HOF Hank Aaron. I lent this to the Ryan Center Museum in Alvin, TX when it opened in 1999. I had Mr. Aaron sign this dugout card for me in 1997 and Nolan signed it (for free-nice ) prior to returning it to me in about 2003. The placard that accompanied it in the museum says it all.

2) California Angels dugout card, Nolan Ryan is the starting pitcher in what ends up being 595 consecutive starts to end his career. 7/30/74 @ CAL

3) Both home and visitor umpire lineup cards from Nolan's 3,509th strikeout on 4/27/83 @ Montreal. This allowed Nolan to pass HOF Walter Johnson for the most career strikeouts in the major leagues. Nolan, of course, ended up being the all-time Strikeout King with 5,714 career K's. Expos PH Brad Mills ended up becoming Nolan's milestone strikeout

4) Texas Rangers (Home) umpire lineup card to the game played on 9/8/90 @ Texas. In this game Royals hitter Bo Jackson skipped a ball off of Nolan's mouth creating one of the most indelible images of the determination of The Ryan Express on the mound. Nolan continued to pitch instead of coming out of the game. Imagine being a hitter and facing this guy. He loved to compete!

5) Chicago White Sox dugout card to the game played on 6/11/91 @ Texas.
In this game Nolan Ryan gets his 61st and final career shutout and his 306th career win. Win # 305 was Nolan's 7th no-hitter, BTW.

6) Boston Red Sox dugout card to the game played on 7/23/91 @ Texas. In this game Nolan Ryan gets his 308th career win and amazingly HOF Goose Gossage comes in to close the game to get his 308th career save. Weird & cool! There was a baseball card created to commemorate this event.

7) Both home and away (visitor) umpire lineup cards to the famous Ryan vs. Ventura fight on 8/4/93 @ Texas. The home umpire card is signed at the bottom by both Ryan and Ventura. Robin Ventura has notoriously not signed items related to this game, making this combo pretty unusual. Also note the home plate umpire Dale Ford's notes about the fight on the back of the home white card. Cool!! NOTE: I also own the Visitor dugout card to this game, but it currently is out of pocket being signed...

8) Cleveland dugout card to Nolan's final career win #324 on 8/15/93 @ CLE.
I also own Nolan's complete uniform to this game as well as a game used ball and other artifacts from this game. Signed and inscribed by Nolan at the bottom of the dugout card
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan faces Hank Aaron for last time dugout card -signed by both players.jpg (53.8 KB, 948 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan faces Hank Aaron for last time dugout card description.jpg (39.9 KB, 943 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan dugout lineup card- 1st game of 595 consecutive starts July 30, 1974 .jpg (43.6 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan 3509 Montreal lineup card 001.jpg (72.6 KB, 941 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan 3509 Houston lineup card 001.jpg (77.1 KB, 947 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan bloody lip lineup card September 8, 1990.jpg (64.0 KB, 943 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan bloody lip photo.jpg (39.1 KB, 945 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan last shutout dugout card- 61st.jpg (62.9 KB, 941 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan and Gossage 308 dugout card.jpg (58.3 KB, 943 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan vs. Ventura fight Rangers and White Sox linep cards front.jpg (59.0 KB, 936 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan vs. Ventura fight Rangers lineup card back with umpire notes.jpg (35.0 KB, 938 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan vs. Ventura fight photo.jpg (29.6 KB, 937 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan's last win dugout card with inscription- 1.jpg (67.7 KB, 944 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan's last win dugout card with inscription- 2.jpg (54.7 KB, 938 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 05-24-2020 at 05:12 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 05:39 PM

Default Don Larsen and Bobo Holloman debut umpire lineup cards

For those that are looking for something earlier, here are home and away original lineup cards from Don Larsen and Bobo Holloman's ML debut in 1953.

Don Larsen pitched the only World Series perfect game in 1956.
Bobo Holloman threw a no-hitter in his 1st ML start, yet was back in the minor leagues 2 months later. Two other no-hit pitchers appeared in this game for the St. Louis Browns: HOF'er Satchel Paige (credited with 50 or more career no-hitters) and Virgil Fire Trucks (2 no-hitters in 1952).

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-27-2020 at 04:30 AM.
Old 11-25-2018, 06:54 PM
Jim Schneider

Default Orioles Lineup Card Last Game Old Yankee Stadium

Orioles Lineup Card from the last Game Old Yankee Stadium with note from then Orioles Manager Dave Trembley.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Os Line Up Card.jpg (76.8 KB, 939 views)
File Type: jpg Os Trembly Note.jpg (66.2 KB, 944 views)
Old 11-26-2018, 06:14 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
I too was the one who would hang out by the dugouts after games begging for someone to toss me the lineup cards from the dugout walls. I received a few as I went to only about 5 games a year but when I began my short lived career in Major League Baseball (started as game day field security for four years...moved to the front office for three) my collection exploded. Most times these cards continued to hang on the dugout wall long after the grounds crew completed their clean up and since I had access I would snag them myself. I amassed probably a few hundred line up cards over the years but sold most, if not all of them off over a period of time. Every time I went to sell them I was told they were not worth much but in the interest of cleaning out my collection I probably got on average, about 20 bucks each unless their was a significant event in the game. I had always intended to frame them and put them on the wall of my never to be existent man cave but gave up that dream awhile ago.

I also was lucky enough to find a few manager or umpire line up cards along the way (Topnotchsy..if I ever find them they are yours). I vividly remember one time seeing an unknowing grounds crew member emerging from the tunnel for the umpires dressing room and looking at a few small pieces of paper. I recognized instantly what he was looking at and then to my horror, he just ripped them in half and let them fall to the ground. I hurriedly picked them up and taped them back together as one of those line up cards was the top copy that had Pete Rose's original signature with his line up hand written on it.

Line up cards certainly hold a soft spot in my collecting heart and love to see others enjoy them as much as I did at one time.
Awesome story! Part of the reason I like them is that each one is uniquely connected to a specific game. I remember the first game I ever went to. It was a summer game for the Mets in a season where they didn't make the Playoffs. Game ended on a walk-off walk in extra innings if I remember correctly. For the history books it's a forgotten game, but for me it was my first game.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2018, 06:45 PM
J0n@th@n P@rker

Line up cards from Jerry Reuss's No- Hitter on 6/27/80. Back of the Dodgers card is in the umpires hand stating time, attendance and only base runner was Jack Clark on a throwing error from Russell to Garvey in the first inning

31AC904B-5CC4-4B2C-B775-575091A5C9B8.jpg
Old 11-27-2018, 02:55 PM
Rick

Great stuff everyone, I love seeing all of these line-up cards. I’m always looking for Dodger ones, but they are so hard to find. Most of mine are related to Koufax games, so I thought I would share one of those, plus a more modern Dodger one as well.
First is the dugout card used by the Chicago Cubs when Koufax pitched the perfect game against them at Dodger Stadium on September 9, 1965. I was able to acquire this from someone who worked his way through college as an usher. After each game, his job was to jump over the railing onto the field to provide security for the players. After this particular game, he looked into the Cubs’ dugout and saw the dugout card, folded it up and stuck it in his pocket. I know who has the Dodgers’ dugout card, but it isn’t for sale.
scan004 b 25% 90%.jpg
Second is the dugout card used by the Miami Marlin’s on July 15, 2017 when Cody Bellinger became only the third LA Dodger and first rookie Dodger to hit for the cycle. Bellinger, needing a triple when he came up in the 7th, laced a drive into right-center and easily slid into third base to complete the cycle. And I never thought I would buy a game-used base, but when the Marlins put the third base he slid into up for auction, I had to get it. And then I found a photo of Bellinger sliding into 3rd taken by Jon Soo Hoo, the Dodger team photographer. So the base, the line-up card, and the photo are all happily together.
IMG_0227 25% left rotated.jpg

Rick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg line-up card 2 75%.jpg (67.7 KB, 898 views)

Last edited by rlevy; 05-03-2020 at 10:16 AM.
Old 03-01-2020, 03:32 PM
Jeff Lazarus

It's been a long time, but thought I'd revive this thread. Been able to pick up some really cool ones over the last few years.

NY Giants - 8/26/54 - Giants WS winning season. Mays went 4-4 with a HR on his way to winning the MVP

Philadelphia A's - 5/21/34 - Jimmie Foxx hit a home run
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Durocher, Leo 8-26-54 front.jpg (11.1 KB, 845 views)
File Type: jpg Mack, Connie 5-21-1934 Front.jpg (69.3 KB, 853 views)
Old 03-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

I don't have many, but I do have Blyleven's 200th win and Early's 300th
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0002 (1).jpg (73.7 KB, 853 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0001 (2).jpg (76.3 KB, 853 views)
Old 03-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
I don't have many, but I do have Blyleven's 200th win and Early's 300th
Wow those are incredible! Based on your username I assume those are part of the PC? (Would love the Wynn for my lineup card collection if it wasn't)
Old 03-09-2020, 09:16 PM
Jeff Lazarus

A couple of more recent 1st's:

Pedro Martinez' 1st career win (was in relief of his brother) and Mike Piazza's 1st career home run.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Martinez, Pedro 1st Career Win 5-5-1993.jpg (70.2 KB, 801 views)
File Type: jpg Piazza, Mike 1st Career HR 9-12-1992.jpg (72.7 KB, 806 views)

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 03-09-2020 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
A couple of more recent 1st's:

Pedro Martinez' 1st career win (was in relief of his brother) and Mike Piazza's 1st career home run.
Hi Jeff,
I never realized that Pedro's debut came in relief of his brother Ramon's start as a pitcher. That's also very cool.
BTW, in the early 1990's Ramon Martinez was a highly thought of pitching prospect and was the talk of baseball as a rookie. To his credit, Ramon stated on multiple occasions: "Wait until you see my little brother Pedro! He's the one"
Old 03-12-2020, 07:40 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hi Jeff,
I never realized that Pedro's debut came in relief of his brother Ramon's start as a pitcher. That's also very cool.
BTW, in the early 1990's Ramon Martinez was a highly thought of pitching prospect and was the talk of baseball as a rookie. To his credit, Ramon stated on multiple occasions: "Wait until you see my little brother Pedro! He's the one"
This was his first win, but definitely still really cool. I knew Ramon was highly regarded and had some really great seasons but hadn't heard that.
Old 03-12-2020, 09:04 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Here's a couple of other vintage ones. Always looking for others if anyone has any out there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mack, Connie 5-21-1934 Front.jpg (69.3 KB, 783 views)
File Type: jpg McCarthy, Joe 1949 Red Sox.jpg (72.9 KB, 788 views)
Old 03-19-2020, 10:48 PM
Doug Goodman

Game #11 of the streak...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan 2575 on 03-19-20.jpg (77.8 KB, 760 views)
Old 03-24-2020, 07:21 PM
Greg Hooper

I love these - my only one is from a Greg Maddux win with Smoltz pitching the 9th.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-25-2020, 06:27 PM
D@vid Fel@

From my sons first Yankees game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 033F81D8-3956-423E-A3AC-3C7FF64671A6.jpg (17.6 KB, 709 views)
Old 03-26-2020, 07:07 AM
Bill H@e1ig

Unique combination of both the lineup card that hung in the Orioles dugout as well as the regular lineup card from 07/11/82 in Oakland (Ripken's rookie year):

Old 03-26-2020, 09:22 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by roarfrom34 View Post
Unique combination of both the lineup card that hung in the Orioles dugout as well as the regular lineup card from 07/11/82 in Oakland (Ripken's rookie year):

Those are very cool! I recently picked up a lot of over 100 Orioles lineup cards including a bunch from 1982. Even included a couple from 1981 from games that Ripken played in, though he came off the bench and wasn't written into the lineup.
Old 03-26-2020, 09:25 PM
Jeff Lazarus

1984 Olympics Gold Medal Game
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1984 Olympics Gold Medal Game.jpg (57.6 KB, 697 views)
Old 04-05-2020, 02:13 AM
Jeff Lazarus

Edit: Realized I had already posted the Mays one.

1955 Cubs. Banks hit his 40th career HR
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cubs 7-1-55 Bank HR 19 40th of career.jpg (75.0 KB, 673 views)

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 04-05-2020 at 02:25 AM.
Old 04-05-2020, 07:58 PM

Camera night June 28, 1983 Tigers at Brewers. Got my pics with my favorite Cecil Cooper and the newly traded Rick Manning. Lines were so long for other players that I used my limited on field time for taking some pics of the visiting Tigers.( Did this the previous year with the Orioles) Got Sparky doing a pregame radio interview and players coming out of the tunnel into the dugout. Gibson was not happy with my ambush camera flash. Had fun and filed the pics away.

Fast Forward 35 years and I see the Tigers dugout lineup card on Ebay from that very game. I pulled out the pics and lo and behold you can see the lineup card taped to the wall behind Lou Whitaker's hat brim in the third pic down. It makes a nice display with my snapshots
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (40.7 KB, 656 views)
Old 04-05-2020, 09:06 PM
Mikeknapp

I only have this one. I was going through a close out sale bin of Dugout line-up cards at the Mariners team shop and thought this one was cool because it had both Ichiro and Vlad Guerrero. I thought $25 was a fair price. When I got home I looked up the game a was happy to discover that it was from the game Frankie Rodríguez set the all time single season save record with his 62nd save.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg krod.jpg (78.5 KB, 658 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 04-05-2020, 11:38 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trublubrucru View Post
Camera night June 28, 1983 Tigers at Brewers. Got my pics with my favorite Cecil Cooper and the newly traded Rick Manning. Lines were so long for other players that I used my limited on field time for taking some pics of the visiting Tigers.( Did this the previous year with the Orioles) Got Sparky doing a pregame radio interview and players coming out of the tunnel into the dugout. Gibson was not happy with my ambush camera flash. Had fun and filed the pics away.

Fast Forward 35 years and I see the Tigers dugout lineup card on Ebay from that very game. I pulled out the pics and lo and behold you can see the lineup card taped to the wall behind Lou Whitaker's hat brim in the third pic down. It makes a nice display with my snapshots
THAT is pretty cool. Congrats.

Doug
Old 04-06-2020, 08:03 PM
Doug Goodman

Not as cool, but pretty cool, the game where Rich Hill got pulled after 7 perfect innings...
Old 04-06-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
I only have this one. I was going through a close out sale bin of Dugout line-up cards at the Mariners team shop and thought this one was cool because it had both Ichiro and Vlad Guerrero. I thought $25 was a fair price. When I got home I looked up the game a was happy to discover that it was from the game Frankie Rodríguez set the all time single season save record with his 62nd save.
Super cool, Mike!
Old 04-07-2020, 03:30 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Yes, great score, Mike... There are still bargains to be had, even at the Mariners Team Shop!

I know this belongs in the BST, but will post it here because of the subject matter...

Would love to acquire a Reds Lineup Card in the hand of Sparky Anderson, anytime between 1970 - 76. I used to have a great one from their '75 Championship Season, but dumbly traded it away.

Thanks!
Old 04-07-2020, 11:35 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post
Yes, great score, Mike... There are still bargains to be had, even at the Mariners Team Shop!

I know this belongs in the BST, but will post it here because of the subject matter...

Would love to acquire a Reds Lineup Card in the hand of Sparky Anderson, anytime between 1970 - 76. I used to have a great one from their '75 Championship Season, but dumbly traded it away.

Thanks!
Mark,

I actually have a carbon copy from Game 4 of the 1976 WS (clinching game). Not positive I would let it go, but potentially would discuss. I realize now I don't have a pic on my computer, but feel free to email me (nyjlaz at yahoo) and I can send some pics tomorrow.

Incidentally, I also have Tony Perez' final age if that is the Perez you reference in your username

Last edited by Topnotchsy; 04-07-2020 at 11:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:32 AM
Bill H@e1ig

picked up a modest collection of Orioles line up cards which included three from Cal Ripken Jr.'s rookie season (I particularly like the ones from May/June while he still was playing Third Base):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-03-2020 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-22-2020, 09:52 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default I think my only line up card 1957 phillies

Line up card with Connie Mack Stadium ground rules printed on back. Robin Roberts Pitching. Has date of 4-16-57 on back but definitely not that game. Which was opening day.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 15902054942377615451004519793926.jpg (68.3 KB, 565 views)
File Type: jpg 15902055366252372053736099081733.jpg (83.0 KB, 569 views)
Old 05-23-2020, 01:06 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Here is the lineup card for the first MLB game that Cal Ripken Jr. was ever written into the starting lineup (as well as his first At Bat):

Last edited by roarfrom34; 05-23-2020 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Bill H@e1ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Line up card with Connie Mack Stadium ground rules printed on back. Robin Roberts Pitching. Has date of 4-16-57 on back but definitely not that game. Which was opening day.
I think the 4-16-57 printed date on the back is simply the date that the Ground Rules were effective...With some detective work, I'm sure you can figure out the actual date of that game.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:52 PM
Rick

Quote:
Here is the lineup card for the first MLB game that Cal Ripken Jr. was ever written into the starting lineup (as well as his first At Bat):

What a great item, worthy of the Hall of Fame.
Old 05-23-2020, 05:38 PM

Quote:

So cool!! Congrats, very nice!
Old 05-23-2020, 10:16 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Lineup matches 9/1/57 and 9/5/57, both home games, so not sure there is a way to determine which game it was from. Cool piece!
Old 05-23-2020, 10:17 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:

Wow!!!!
Old 05-29-2020, 09:25 AM

So many great lineup cards. Thank you all for sharing!

Jeffrey Lazarus was kind enough to just do a Q&A with me about his collection. You can read it here: https://lineupcards.wordpress.com/20...eball-history/

Also, I'm doing some research into the history of lineup cards. I'm trying to find info on when the dugout lineup card entered the mix. Was there one manager or team that created a card separate from the Official Batting Order card for the dugout? From the ones posted here, the oldest I see is 1965. If anyone has any information or suggestions of who to talk to or where to look, please either email me (oemtom@aol.com) or post here. Thank you!

Tom
Old 05-29-2020, 09:52 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topnotchsy View Post
Lineup matches 9/1/57 and 9/5/57, both home games, so not sure there is a way to determine which game it was from. Cool piece!
Thank you very much for tracking down the potential games. I have owned this lineup card for many years and just never got around to it. Again much appreciated.
Jonathan