NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Pre-WWII cards (E, D, M, W, etc..) B/S/T

Old 12-04-2021, 07:53 PM
Ben Gehler

Default FS: 1910 E104-1 Nadja Ad Back; Harry Krause A's PSA 1.5 (SOLD)

Open to offer discussion.

This is an E104-1 Nadja Caramels card of Harry Krause; pitcher for the World Champion, Philadelphia A's. It has a Nadja Ad Back; NOT a blank.
No, it does not have the "World Champions" overprint on the front.
Then again, ALL of those have been found with a blank back; and of course those who dig into this kinda stuff, surmise that these "World Champions" overprints would have been regionally distributed to the Philadelphia market.

It is also general consensus that the blank backs of all players (not just A's) were nationally distributed.

Which brings us back to Mr. Krause here with a Nadja ad back.
It is reasonable to state that this also would have been originally distributed to the Philadelphia market, in their product. The Nadja back, A's have been charted by our Pete Calderon on his "Caramel-Cards.com" page. copy attached. Note that only 5 have been found; far right column.

I welcome offer discussions here (PM preferred).
Free shipping and insurance.
Paypal FF or Venmo is OK.

Successful transactions with: Casey2296, Jacklitsch, wolf441, shepbuckman, seablaster, Bridwell. brianp-beme, hatchetman325, quinnsryche, joejo20, Brian Van Horn, Thromdog, dougscats, Webster.

Last edited by benge610; 01-04-2022 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added PSA Pop
Old 12-04-2021, 09:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

It might help if you could post a larger pic or send it to me and I can do it for you....
Old 12-04-2021, 11:47 PM
Luke Lyon

Old 12-05-2021, 12:17 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It might help if you could post a larger pic or send it to me and I can do it for you....
Thank you Leon; I have to dumb-down the resolution (150x100) to get my pics to upload to the platform. Can I email them to you?
I lost your email address; mine is bengehler5@gmail.com.
Old 12-05-2021, 09:08 AM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by benge610 View Post
Thank you Leon; I have to dumb-down the resolution (150x100) to get my pics to upload to the platform. Can I email them to you?
I lost your email address; mine is bengehler5@gmail.com.
Yay!
I figured it out!
Thanks Leon for the offer!
Ben
Old 12-14-2021, 04:34 PM
Ben Gehler

Added pop report bump.
Old 12-15-2021, 10:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

BTW, on this card, Blanke Wenneker made he Nadja Caramels, and ads, for cards. And since they were from St. Louis, it seems reasonable they could have been distributed there also, unless there is more provenance I am unaware of (and there easily could be). GLWTS...nice card..
Old 12-15-2021, 12:21 PM
Ben Gehler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
BTW, on this card, Blanke Wenneker made he Nadja Caramels, and ads, for cards. And since they were from St. Louis, it seems reasonable they could have been distributed there also, unless there is more provenance I am unaware of (and there easily could be). GLWTS...nice card..
Thank you Leon for the input. I so, love the thrill of the hunt; digging for info, discovering, assembling puzzle pieces, etc.
I like to brainstorm, like I was a fly on the wall; when decisions would have been made; regarding the subjects and product distribution.

I find it interesting that;
Vic Willis - 1910 STL (NL)
Bill Abstein 1910 STB (AL)
were the only E104 subjects, actively playing in the St. Louis area while the caramels were on sale.

With E104-1 dedicated to Phila. (AL) and E104-2 dedicated to Pitt. (NL); I also find interesting that the majority of E104-3 subjects came from the Det. (AL) and NY ( NL) teams; along with the Phila. (NL) subjects. I viewed these decisions as "contenders" for the eventual 'World Champions' tag line. If blank backs of all subjects were nationally distributed with product; they retain a stack of the "contenders" on their shelves; WS winner determines the tag line overprint and regional distribution to the winning market. The Phila. (NL) subjects, I viewed as a regional decision again; having Nadja Ad backs.

Back to the "Wenneker", St. Louis connection; wouldn't it be cool if Goodwin, for ex. unearths boxes of Nadja Caramels; from an attic in an estate sale; and find Ad backs of other guys? besides Abstein and Willis?

All theories are welcome. Every puzzle piece helps to create a clearer picture.

Ben
Old 12-31-2021, 06:37 PM
Ben Gehler

bump