NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-17-2022, 03:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19802008Phillies View Post
Interesting and thanks for passing on the info. They are 100% the same tickets, others have compared photos like you did so they did come from the H&S auction. I noticed the eBay seller does seem to be a reseller for all kinds of items so the story they are sharing could be legit as to ‘what they were told’. I find it hard to believe H&S would not include the fact that they were hand dated on the back, especially since therre were some big moments in there. I’m not sure if you searched all the sold eBay listings from this situation but the seller sold $10k+ of these things so it’s a bit more than a little white lie in my opinion. Maybe next step for you would be to ask H&S if they were dated and came in grandpas binder? If no, they’d know who the buyer was.
Thanks for the reply; always appreciated. I sent the seller the comparison images, and he preemptively refunded me without need of returning the ticket. I do hope that he is being on the level, and maybe someone sold him a doctored-up binder of tickets with fake backstories. That's possible, I guess. If that ends up being true, you would hope he'd contact other buyers and refund them, as well.

I did also mail H&S, at two of their email addresses, and shared my concerns and asked for more information. No reply yet.

Seller's refund message:
I haven't heard back from the consignor yet, but I'm going to send you a full refund for the ticket stub. I don't want you unhappy or have regrets with your purchase so you can just keep it free of charge. Customer service is our number one priority and I take that very seriously. I've never had an issue with a consignor before and I just don't see how it's possible to have all of the information he had in that binder. Anyways, I apologize for any inconvenience, and I'll definitely let you know when I hear back from him. Thanks for your business and hope you have a great night.
Old 06-18-2022, 05:28 PM
Mikeknapp

1995 Game 5 ALDS ticket.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5C99B41A-6881-43AA-8D01-6CBB1D2832B0.jpg (199.6 KB, 385 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)

Last edited by 71buc; 09-28-2022 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 03:27 PM
Guy Bourque

Default August 6th 1999

Just got this one back from getting framed, Tony Gwynn signed 3000th hit photo and signed 3000th hit full season ticket.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:28 PM
Matthew
Ma.tt Wy.llie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
Mission accomplished added Junior’s autograph to this 1995 Game 5 ALDS ticket.
Great looking ticket! Awesome job!
Old 06-24-2022, 09:33 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Matthew

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

Old 06-24-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Just got this one back from getting framed, Tony Gwynn signed 3000th hit photo and signed 3000th hit full season ticket.
Very nice, Guy!
Tony Gwynn was awesome!!
Believe it or not, he was a neighbor of a close friend of mine that lived in Poway, CA. I used to literally walk by Gwynn's front door.
Baseball royalty IMHO.

It's a tragedy that he passed away so young.
Old 06-25-2022, 11:03 AM

On March 19, 1966, Texas Western College (now the University of Texas at El Paso) started -- for the first time in NCAA basketball championship history -- five black players against an all-white Kentucky team at Cole Field house in College Park, Maryland. In a game that has come to represent a breakthrough for blacks in college sports, the Miners of Texas Western defeated the Wildcats for the championship. A movie, "Glory Road," based on the 1966 team, was released nationwide on January 2006. Ticket stub below:
beer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gifbeer chug.gif

1966 Texas Western vs Kentucky ticket stub.jpg
Old 06-26-2022, 10:20 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Very nice, Guy!
Tony Gwynn was awesome!!
Believe it or not, he was a neighbor of a close friend of mine that lived in Poway, CA. I used to literally walk by Gwynn's front door.
Baseball royalty IMHO.

It's a tragedy that he passed away so young.
Tony was a great guy. He drove through the Poway taco bell one day when we had some time off between softball tournament games. He stopped and chatted briefly. Top notch class guy.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 06-26-2022, 05:46 PM

Question - For my basketball ticket that I recently posted, how much would it cost me to get PSA to authenticate/grade it ? Thank you !!!
Old 06-27-2022, 06:15 PM
Ryan Phi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish-collector View Post
Question - For my basketball ticket that I recently posted, how much would it cost me to get PSA to authenticate/grade it ? Thank you !!!
PSA are the only ones doing ticket grading at this time. The link below provides their pricing based off of ticket value. Im not sure how accurate their ticket grading turnaround times are, however I would imagine they are running on the slow side as this has been the case for over 2 years now.

https://www.psacard.com/services/ticketgrading
Old 06-28-2022, 02:08 AM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Alan,

If you are going to The National you could take it there and get in line early to find out.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 07-17-2022, 07:46 AM

From Goldin...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FOD TIcket.jpg (190.8 KB, 658 views)
Old 07-17-2022, 12:45 PM

Default Best but currently most worthless ticket

Here's a ticket from Johnny Vander Meer's first no-hitter. I believe it is from that game because I'd purchased several Reds scorecards from 1938 from an auction in the same lot, and the tix were attached to the respective scorecards with paper clips. Unfortunately there is no printed date on the ticket to identify the game. Tix from his 2nd no-no are easy to identify (1st night game at Ebbets Field), but I don't think anyone to date has identified a ticket from the 1st no-no. Russ Havens kindly posted a query on my behalf on his great website, but there were no responses. Hopefully future research will provide evidence I need to verify the ticket!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vander Meer 1st No Hitter ticket stub.jpg (190.2 KB, 676 views)

Last edited by jethrod3; 07-17-2022 at 12:48 PM.
Old 07-17-2022, 05:29 PM

Default Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket stub

Welcome to net54!
In response to the last post regarding Johnny Vander Meer's 1st no-hitter ticket.
Well, there is really no way to say that this ticket stub was definitively used to gain entrance to this specific game, but the Reds GA ticket is from the approximate same era.

Were any of the 1938 Reds scorebooks in your auction lot against the Boston Bees and were they scored? If yes, if you could show me the scoresheet from the scorebook I might be able to help with proving your theory.

Here is my Bleacher GA ticket from Vandy's 1st no-hitter and I am 100% certain of it being genuine. Check out the line score info on the back of the ticket. It also came with the box score from the game that was clipped out of the Cincinnati Post the next day.

I hope this helps.
Old 07-17-2022, 07:40 PM

Thanks for the kind welcome, Scott, and for your reply! That info might be helpful especially if there was some way to correlate grandstand numbering to bleacher numbering. I do have the actual no-hitter scorecard vs. Boston that it was clipped to; that's why I believed it is a legit ticket. Other tix clipped to other scorecards I had made sense with respect to numbering and when the games were played, but that still isn't a definitive process for validation. Attaching pics of the scoresheet which I had on my phone. I think I also had a box score that was from the next day's paper that I removed for taking photos before I took the scorecard and ticket to the safe deposit box.

Someone had suggested submitting the ticket to PSA, but I didn't have faith they could do any better than I could in proving legitimacy, and I'm not interested in selling the ticket anytime soon, so I saved the $$ and never sent it out!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bees.JPG (146.8 KB, 643 views)
File Type: jpg Reds.JPG (144.2 KB, 654 views)
Old 07-17-2022, 09:13 PM
Carl0s Ay.ala

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Nice....Very Nice....great autograph and ticket
Old 07-17-2022, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Welcome to net54!

Here is my Bleacher GA ticket from Vandy's 1st no-hitter and I am 100% certain of it being genuine. Check out the line score info on the back of the ticket. It also came with the box score from the game that was clipped out of the Cincinnati Post the next day.

I hope this helps.
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!
Old 07-18-2022, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrod3 View Post
By the way Scott, if it's legit which you know it to be, then I'd argue that it's an absolutely fantastic ticket regardless of the condition! Can't be many out there, and I'd love to hear the story behind yours!
jethrod3,
Thank you.
Here is what I can tell you about my Vandy 1st no-hitter ticket:

It was purchased in a major catalogue auction (unfortunately I don't remember which one) perhaps 20 years ago. I was fortunate on the acquisition price as it was a different era in ticket collecting. I have been collecting the no-hitter ticket theme for over 40 years. The older vintage fountain pen scrawls on the back are obviously intact and do a nice job of authenticating the stub. It also has some writing on the front that is no longer legible and is faded due to father time.
The clipping accompanied the ticket stub in the auction.

BTW, I have seen two other examples of undated GA blue tickets from Vandy's 1st no-hitter that were attached to scored scorebooks. At least one of them had writing on the ticket stub indicating details of the game. Your GA ticket number is within about 2800 of another of these GA tickets that I have seen attached to a scored scorebook, so I would not discount that this ticket COULD have been from Vandy's game.
If you would like to reach out to me via e-mail, I could send you photos of this scorebook and ticket as an assist. I am not a fan of PSA at all but they would not authenticate your ticket, so you are best not wasting your time...
Old 08-02-2022, 05:06 PM

Default Looking for 1962 NY, 1962 DC and 1966 All Star Tickets

If allowed, looking for these three tickets:

1962 NY AS Ticket
1962 DC AS Ticket
1966 AS Ticket

If you have em, email me at charles.strite@yahoo.com

ThNks!

Charlie
Old 08-03-2022, 12:51 PM
Jim Caravello

A few goodies from my collection:

Jim Craig Signed Gold Medal Game Ticket

David Cone Perfect Game Tix - Yes, I was lucky to be there!

My very first baseball game in 1971....Mets vs. Giants at Shea.....Koosman pitched a complete game - Mets win! Agee and Kranepool go deep!

Old 09-15-2022, 09:08 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

The Babe's 1st World Series start & win, and the start of his scoreless innings streak.

Only 5 known (graded at PSA), compare to over 120 Called Shot tickets.

This one is as rare as it gets.

Over at Lelands if anyone is interested, only 2 days to go:

https://auction.lelands.com/bids/bidplace?itemid=111082
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (77.2 KB, 509 views)
Old 09-15-2022, 09:43 AM
Hank Thomas

Quote:
On March 19, 1966, Texas Western College (now the University of Texas at El Paso) started -- for the first time in NCAA basketball championship history -- five black players against an all-white Kentucky team at Cole Field house in College Park, Maryland. In a game that has come to represent a breakthrough for blacks in college sports, the Miners of Texas Western defeated the Wildcats for the championship. A movie, "Glory Road," based on the 1966 team, was released nationwide on January 2006. Ticket stub below:
Great historical ticket, Alan.
Old 09-19-2022, 10:59 PM
Greg

Very happy to stumble upon this Zack Wheat hit ticket ungraded, with Wagner along for the ride as an added bonus

Roy Campanella
Zack Wheat
Pre-War
Jackie, Ruth, Cobb, Tickets, Type 1 Photos, Trout

http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com

Roy Campanella PC
Zack Wheat PC
Random Vintage
T206s

Successful Net54 Transactions: 10
Old 09-22-2022, 04:36 AM

Delete

Last edited by Scott Garner; 09-22-2022 at 04:40 AM. Reason: Duplicate post
Old 09-28-2022, 10:33 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Frank Howard game ticket search help

Group,

I am on a quest to find a number of Frank Howard home run game tickets. I have found some but I just do not know many places that I can search for ones I am missing. Can you help a collector out and drop a few websites in my lap to help in my search?

Greatly appreciated if you can and will.

Regards,

Butch

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 09-28-2022, 08:42 PM
Rick

Quote:
Originally Posted by butchie_t View Post
Group,

I am on a quest to find a number of Frank Howard home run game tickets. I have found some but I just do not know many places that I can search for ones I am missing. Can you help a collector out and drop a few websites in my lap to help in my search?

Greatly appreciated if you can and will.

Regards,

Butch
I have some LA Dodger stubs from the early 60's. Do you have a list of games? I would be happy to look thru them and see if I have any for you.

Rick
Old 09-29-2022, 06:51 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Frank Howard game ticket search help

Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the tickets I am searching for within the Dodger era:

9/10/1958 @ Phillies - HR #1
6/24/1960 @ Braves - HR #9
9/26/1960 vs Giants - HR #25
4/18/1961 vs Cardinals - HR #26

And thank you for looking as well.

Regards,

Butch

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 09-29-2022, 07:53 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Nice tickets. I am a little distraught however to see so many in PSA plastic slabs. Surprised you fellas haven't already gotten a scolding from the memorabilia police for not upholding your sacred duty to properly preserve the hobbys history as per recommendations of the Baseball Hall of Fame.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 09-29-2022 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2022, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Nice tickets. I am a little distraught however to see so many in PSA plastic slabs. Surprised you fellas haven't already gotten a scolding from the memorabilia police for not upholding your sacred duty to properly preserve the hobbys history as per recommendations of the Baseball Hall of Fame.
At least I practice what I preach, Snappy old boy.
Ya know, a Gehrig Appreciation Day stub sold for over $100k last year. Here's mine. No slab.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gehrig appreciation day stub.jpg (230.7 KB, 361 views)
Old 09-29-2022, 04:14 PM
Rick

Quote:
Rick,

Thank you for your reply. Here are the tickets I am searching for within the Dodger era:

9/10/1958 @ Phillies - HR #1
6/24/1960 @ Braves - HR #9
9/26/1960 vs Giants - HR #25
4/18/1961 vs Cardinals - HR #26

And thank you for looking as well.

Regards,

Butch
Butch, just went through them and unfortunately had no matches (a few close ones, but no direct hits). Sorry. You might try Adleson sports, I know they used to have a lot of ticket stubs,

Rick
Old 09-29-2022, 06:37 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
Butch, just went through them and unfortunately had no matches (a few close ones, but no direct hits). Sorry. You might try Adleson sports, I know they used to have a lot of ticket stubs,

Rick
Rick,

I appreciate you looking and thanks.

Butch

Old 09-30-2022, 11:24 AM

Not a ticket to a game, but a train ticket featuring The Babe. I like that he's in his Dodgers uniform on an LA train ticket. Like they knew what was coming:

Last edited by packs; 09-30-2022 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-01-2022, 07:05 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
At least I practice what I preach, Snappy old boy.
Ya know, a Gehrig Appreciation Day stub sold for over $100k last year. Here's mine. No slab.
Seems to be very selective who you attack for slabbing stuff.
Old 10-01-2022, 09:36 PM
Jeff Lazarus

I've dipped a toe into the ticket collecting world.

One area of focus has been 1939-1940 UCLA tickets from games/events that Jackie Robinson took part in.

Here are a number of football tickets and a track event (from 1941)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6710.jpg (237.3 KB, 464 views)
Old 10-01-2022, 10:04 PM

Juiced, but still a fun summer, 'twas.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1998 Mac 70.JPG (66.3 KB, 463 views)
Old 10-02-2022, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Seems to be very selective who you attack for slabbing stuff.
Oh, really? How so? I have made my point (I think) about slabs. I practice what I preach, and don't use them. The only person I "attack" is a thin-skinned moron who decided to take my views on preservation personally. Oh, well.
Old 10-04-2022, 06:52 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Default Frank Howard Home Run #382 - Last MLB Home Run

First off!

Thanks go out to Scott in hooking me up with a gentleman that had an extra ticket of Frank Howards last MLB Home Run. As a result of that networking, I am now the very proud owner of this ticket stub.

Which, by the way is now a focus of my collecting along with Topps variations from my collected sets. SCORE!

Hondo was playing for the Detroit Tigers and the game was in Fenway against Boston. Hondo smacked #382 off of pitcher Bill Lee in the seventh inning. Boom, #382 was in the books. Hondo went 3 for 4 in that appearance, scoring twice and had one RBI. Detroit went on to win the game 6 - 1.

This ticket for me is one of the Grail tickets and I am STOKED to have it in my possession. Now on to the other Hondo ticket stubs that I am looking for.

An interesting side story. A couple of Frank's teammates on Detroit during that game: Joe Coleman, Ed Brinkman, and Aurelio Rodriguez. Who were teammates with Frank when he played for the Senators.

Cheers!

Butch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Frank Howard Home Run #382.jpg (167.3 KB, 427 views)

Last edited by butchie_t; 10-04-2022 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:55 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
First off!

Thanks go out to Scott in hooking me up with a gentleman that had an extra ticket of Frank Howards last MLB Home Run. As a result of that networking, I am now the very proud owner of this ticket stub.

Which, by the way is now a focus of my collecting along with Topps variations from my collected sets. SCORE!

Hondo was playing for the Detroit Tigers and the game was in Fenway against Boston. Hondo smacked #382 off of pitcher Bill Lee in the seventh inning. Boom, #382 was in the books. Hondo went 3 for 4 in that appearance, scoring twice and had one RBI. Detroit went on to win the game 6 - 1.

This ticket for me is one of the Grail tickets and I am STOKED to have it in my possession. Now on to the other Hondo ticket stubs that I am looking for.

An interesting side story. A couple of Frank's teammates on Detroit during that game: Joe Coleman, Ed Brinkman, and Aurelio Rodriguez. Who were teammates with Frank when he played for the Senators.

Cheers!

Butch
Nice pickup, and as you have found out, Scott could probably find a ticket to a game on Mars. LOL
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 10-07-2022, 10:32 PM

Default 1962 All Star Washington asebLl Ticket

If anyone has this ticket for sale, please let me know.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:32 PM

Quote:
The only ones of my 478 World Series Tickets that are slabbed are ones I bought that way. Otherwise, no slab for me! Always looking for good quality WS and ASG tickets!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6D7434E7-D9E8-4E68-8311-B757A26A7AB2.jpg (213.2 KB, 358 views)
Old 10-15-2022, 10:24 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Just picked up from Heritage. Doesn't fit with anything else in my collection but I like it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5046.jpg (166.7 KB, 340 views)
Old 10-15-2022, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Just picked up from Heritage. Doesn't fit with anything else in my collection but I like it.
Very cool, Steve! That's an old one
Old 10-15-2022, 12:27 PM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
I can see why you like it. Congratulations!

Old 10-15-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Of course you like it.

It's slabbed!
Old 10-17-2022, 03:03 PM
Gary

Mail day today....These bring me to 76% through my 1930 - 1980 WS Ticket Run (one ticket from each series).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221017_214836.jpg (201.3 KB, 287 views)
Old 10-17-2022, 07:14 PM
Jim Reynolds

Default Color barrier broken.

I don't have many tickets, but I have a couple of fun ones. This one is neat.

Cornell vs. Navy

Here's why that game was significant..
https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs...fYQdDCg6YFQ3sQ
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CornellNavytix.jpg (109.1 KB, 281 views)
Old 10-18-2022, 04:31 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

My only priceless souvenir ticket from the ALDS game #3 in Cleveland. The parking garage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20221016_103959~01.jpg (104.3 KB, 263 views)
Old 10-22-2022, 12:37 AM
Greg

Roy Campanella
Zack Wheat
Pre-War
Jackie, Ruth, Cobb, Tickets, Type 1 Photos, Trout

http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com

Roy Campanella PC
Zack Wheat PC
Random Vintage
T206s

Successful Net54 Transactions: 10
Old 10-22-2022, 05:47 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Love it

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 10-22-2022, 08:42 AM

58 Game 4
Attached Images
File Type: jpg C77CCBCF-C0D1-419B-8F5D-F08B1AD182B6.jpg (210.7 KB, 216 views)